Røvarin, Zic's e28 thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Røvarin, Zic's e28 thread.

This will not be a "build" thread like my last one, were i fixed the front of my old blue e36, and so on. But more of a maintenance thread, where i replace worn out things, and will not do anything crazy.

So to start this of, i have wanted a four door car for a bit of time. And being really sick and tired of e36's, they were out, e34 / e39 are really hard to come by in decent condition and not being diesel and automatic. so they were out. e38's well only three of them in Faroe Island, and cost way to much for me, so they are also out. And i don't like e46's.

I always wanted a e28, and since there are no e28's here at all. The best option for me was to import one, because when the car is 25+ years there are a lot of fees that i don't have to pay. I searched for a long time, and stumbled upon a burgundrot 525i, and i wanted the car. Lucky for me, i had a contact in Germany that would pickup the car, get all the documents and drop of the car in Denmark, so it could be transporter via a ferry to Faroe Island.

Specs on the car, its lowered by AP springs, and unknown to me shocks. some 16x9 remotec, 215/40-16. Got manual windows and sunroof, original tape player (will not be replaced, i love it.) and it got the "euro" stuff, like bumpers, lights and so on.
    Well enough talking, here are the pictures that i got of it at the moment.

Oh and i still have these.

Anyways, today i checked the car for mechanical faults. Right rear bearing is shot, exhaust hangers need to be replaced, oil pan got a tiny leak because of scraping. and left rear window wont go down all the way, that's pretty much it. I also test fitted the ACS with some 235/45, seems i will have to get my hands on something narrower, oh and i want bigger lips for the front. But all in due time. 29/6-12 is time for the car to the inspection hall and see if i can get some plates on it and make it legal. Got no camera at the moment, so no pictures.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

<3

Comment

Looks great, can't wait to see what you do with this, looks like you have a great start
      My '66 C10 Build
      My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Looks good man

Comment

Love Burgondrot e28's

Comment

Wow am I fucking jealous.
            I dislike Byron.

Comment

Looks like a nice clean car man, love it.
              Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
              Internet high five for you.

Comment

Best color,best model,looks clean,want alot,it's very nice,I'm sad :.( well done ^_^
                yeeeee!!

Comment

I like where this is headed.

R A C K E T X C L U B
                  @Mister_Clocktower

Comment

oh damn, this is going to be good. I love that color, and I love that car, and I love those wheels, and I love this thread already.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

I'm in love with the color...

Comment

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                        <3
                        <3

Originally posted by 99sil-teg View Post
                        Looks great, can't wait to see what you do with this, looks like you have a great start
                        Thanks man, not much will happen tho. but the plans are always big, lets see how much will come to reality, i would love four new doors, two fenders, rear valance, new bumper and a full respray.

Originally posted by Yogi_Bear View Post
                        Looks good man
                        Thanks man.

Originally posted by JSanders View Post
                        Love Burgondrot e28's
                        Ah meeeee too!

Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                        Wow am I fucking jealous.
                        Over what?!

Originally posted by nellydragracer View Post
                        Looks like a nice clean car man, love it.
                        Yeah, its really clean for what i paid for it, to be honest.

Originally posted by Dirtyhands View Post
                        Best color,best model,looks clean,want alot,it's very nice,I'm sad :.( well done ^_^
                        I never seen the color in real life before, and i must say, it looks mighty fine.

Originally posted by Chillest View Post
                        I like where this is headed.
                        Lets hope it will have a good paste, and not to many bumps in the road.

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
                        oh damn, this is going to be good. I love that color, and I love that car, and I love those wheels, and I love this thread already.
                        Hahaha, i can feel the love man <3

Originally posted by Alarman View Post
                        I'm in love with the color...
                        Me too!
                        -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Okey, so i washed the car today. and snapped a picture of it, the vr6 in the front is owned by a friend.

Engine bay shot. the foam on the hood has seen better days, and a rubber hose is missing that connects the airbox to the intake that is located by the lights.

Interior, its as stock as it can get. Manual sunroof and windows. and fabric seats.

No rust or anything, that's good.

215/40 on 16x9et8 wheels, no rubbing even when i got a full car. Fenders are rolled.

A picture from the front.

And another one, i love how the nose slants.

I think it will look when the ac schnitzers get on there, will match perfect with the chrome trim.

ass shot.

started polishing the wheels, while i search for tires.

Two of them are almost done polishing, can you guess witch ones are done?

got a extra set of these!

Okey, now it gets tricky. The car is lowered on some sort of blue AP springs.

But i got a extra set of springs, the say KAW. Normally when you get a set of springs, they fill up all of the box, this is the AP springs box and the oil pan is scraped and leaking a little bit. With that in mind, i believe the KAW springs are shorter.

This is what the red one reads.

And the gray one. if anyone can read those numbers, and tell me what they say i would be more then happy to know.

This cat says he's on a k.a.w -80 and -45 lowering kit, don't know if its the same springs that I've got.

Anyways, think ill get some 205/40's for the 17x8.5 and throw a 10mm spacer on, final offset at3ish. and 215/40's on the 17x10et19. Until i can source some 3inch lips for the fronts. Maybe just maybe, ill get some 3.5inch lips for the rear, and swap around.
                          -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Not much done to the car.
                            Swapped the speakers out, and just bin cleaning it. Test fitted the wheels tho.

Gonna try and find new lips for the fronts. and get tires sorted. But it is gonna take a while, since im planing on picking up a second car for winter duties. The e28 will get stored, and parts ordered. should be done getting parts by summer next year. Oh well, everything takes time.
                            -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Looking good Jon! Big love for your E28!
                              Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

Comment

Working...
                              X