No announcement yet.

BMW E91 Wagon.... everyone is doing bags, why not external reservoir coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW E91 Wagon.... everyone is doing bags, why not external reservoir coilovers

Wagons are either loved or *****. Some people see no point to them, while others think they are awesome. Mine personally, does everything.

The Beginning:

Got the car from a lady in Santa Barbara. This was sign unseen. She had posted two crappy photos on Craigslist. After settling on a price with her I made the trip from Cupertino area to Santa Barbara. About a 4 hour drive.

When I got there I found out the wagon was actually the sport model. Every single option minus HID lights and heated seats. I did not want Xi as I live in sunny California. Car had 112k miles and still running strong. The lady I got it from was the original owner.

First day I got it home.

I told myself the car would be left alone and used as a DD, but whats the point of a daily driver if it's not somewhat fun That being said I got E90 M3 wheels.
    This is where my love to keep meaty tires on this car started. This was the stock M3 size. 245/40/18 front and 275/35/18 rear

The front bumper was damaged underneath from the previous owner so I had a good excuse to buy a different bumper. Thank you SpeedElement.

Three weeks later I came up on a cheap set of megan coilovers

My buddy at SSCustoms decided to help me wrap the car. Wrapping the whole car with his help was cheaper than getting the front bumper painted by a good shop.

I threw the stock wheels on for now. Also I got M3 sideskirts. Have no photo of them off the car. We decided to try the full side in one shot.

Girlfriend put in a lot of work. She got really good at wrapping while learning from my friend

In the process I ended up getting Depo Projector headlights and HID's.

Boom! Done

Doing a lot of driving and one of my commutes being a mountain road (since I'd rather take that than get stuck on the freeway) I decided to go crazy and get a set of KW Clubsport Coilovers. SpeedElement hooked it up big time and I'm still thankful for their support.

And here it is with KW Coilovers

Then the next thing that came was wheels. BBS CH wheels are always a classy go to wheel

I ***** the stupid curb rings on the wheels so I took them off, also my NEW plates came in. WGNLIFE

Then came the Falken RT615 tire, Whispbar's and Inno Case roof box

At this point my girl and I decided to go on a Rally. We decided to take the wagon over our E36 M3 and E46 M3 we currently had at the time.

Yeah, we had the cheapest car on the rally and we had a blast. People kept asking us questions about it. They could not believe we kept up with them through the mountain roads we had driven through. Guess the KW Clubsports and Falken RT615k tires really did their job

And on the way back home from the event. Still proud of this car. 1000 miles along supercars and it did not skip a beat.

After the Rally we decided it was time for a color change. We decided to do a darker color

And here it is

And decided to go a different route on wheels.

And different coilovers. Eibach R2's with external reservoirs and Vorshlag race camber plates

Stay tuned

I love it! Keep up the great work! I've always had a weak spot for wagons for some reason haha

Comment

Yo man this is amazing! I agree that the E91 is all you need from a car

Pretty stoked on the new wheel set up too, I love me some fat grippy tires

I hope you made a custom M3 rear bumper to match the rest of it

Comment

I've seen this around at a couple of meets, Looks really clean in person!
        99 GS 400
        85' 190d
        99 Q45 (slightly nicer)
        97' q45 (rip)
        ig: erik.docx

Comment

Got a weak spot for wagons and this ones super clean. Honestly never seen external reservoirs but they look wicked.

Comment

328? or 330?

Man, I love everything you do yours cars, it looks so good.

Comment

Do you have rubbing issues on the fronts?
              I'm about that low and have worn through the fender liners and into the bumper/fender bolt in a week's worth of driving.

Nice e91, wish I could have found one with my specs!

Comment

Originally posted by michalt95 View Post
                I love it! Keep up the great work! I've always had a weak spot for wagons for some reason haha
                Thanks man

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                Yo man this is amazing! I agree that the E91 is all you need from a car
                Pretty stoked on the new wheel set up too, I love me some fat grippy tires
                I hope you made a custom M3 rear bumper to match the rest of it
                I love the meaty tire look as for the rear bumper, I'm going Mtech with dual exhaust.

Originally posted by leaferiksin View Post
                I've seen this around at a couple of meets, Looks really clean in person!
                Thanks man. Come say hi next time.

Originally posted by FearNLoathing View Post
                Got a weak spot for wagons and this ones super clean. Honestly never seen external reservoirs but they look wicked.
                Right, it seems everyone is blowing crazy money on bags, why not crazy coilovers.

Originally posted by becausephilchow View Post
                328? or 330?
                Man, I love everything you do yours cars, it looks so good.
                Its a 328i

Originally posted by L1no View Post
                Do you have rubbing issues on the fronts?
                I'm about that low and have worn through the fender liners and into the bumper/fender bolt in a week's worth of driving.

Nice e91, wish I could have found one with my specs!
                With the BBS CH's no, with the Advans yes. It rubbed right where the fender and front bumper meet. I went ahead and used a dremel to trim the area and make room. I can post better photos when I swap the coilovers to the R2's

UPDATE
                tires on, wheels on, coilover cleanup, photos

So my new spoke stickers and blue valve stems came in.

Sorry for the crappy photo, I was too excited

I love this place. These guys are super nice and good about matching up the correct color dots to the valve steams.

Gotta clean up the garage real quick

CLEAN!

Getting the wheels clean so we can do the tires

All the bullnose studs are officially on.

Pulled the coilovers apart to clean them. Here they are

So on the 1 series there is no room in the front. It's really hard to have a combination of good fitment and wide tires. I had to shave the blue piece off so I can clean the 245/40/18 on a 18x8.5 ET35 with no spacer. Even a 3mm spacer made me rub under hard cornering. So I shaved the part and Sharpied it blue so I can see if the wheel would rub.....nope. It was perfect

Since now I have them apart I'm going to clean this up so it's cleaner and there is more clearance.

Wheels are going to go back on

Love the wheels. Concave looks cool.

End result guys.
                Eibach R2's are not currently on. I'll have them on soon enough.
                Falken is done in oil based silver sharpie (no white, so hopefully it won't yellow out, plus I don't run tire shine so I should be good)

Wheel Specs:

Advan TCIII's
                Front 18x9.5 ET35 +10mm Spacer = ET25 245/40/18 Falken RT615k
                Rear 18x10.5 ET25 275/35/18 Falken RT615k

Comment

Wow you guys have quite the fleet of BMW's!

@projects_always

Comment

All your cars are awesome! I love the way youre running with meaty tires on both the 1 and the wagon. Keep it up man!
                    E36 Bonnie

Comment

Following this

Comment

Originally posted by cblock406 View Post
                        Wow you guys have quite the fleet of BMW's!
                        We don't really understand how this happened either. We were looking for a 996 porsche but randomly saw the 135i, it was the right price and we drove home with it. That being said I wanted a 997 anyways so now thats next at some point

Originally posted by royalife View Post
                        All your cars are awesome! I love the way youre running with meaty tires on both the 1 and the wagon. Keep it up man!
                        Thank you. We went a little over board on the Falken RT615k's but they feel great. I can feel the difference between the tires we had before and the Falken's. The grip is awesome and they don't snap hard, everything is very gradual and controllable. First car to get them was the e36 M3 with 235/40/17 square and when my girlfriend drove it she was able to explain to me the extra grip and the way the car felt. Then she went on a 2 day Rallye and through the twisty mountain sections she kept up with all the guys (GT3 rs, GT3's, s4's, AMG's, etc) While I was at work I got texts from a few of them asking how I feel about my girlfriend out driving me (as*holes )
                        After that we ended up getting them for the wagon and now the 135i. They are not Pilot Sport Cup expensive but they are more sticky, they are still street quite and the first set lasted me 18k miles on the wagon (the fronts still where over the ware bar and my buddy used them for another 6 months on his car)

Originally posted by F3t1sh View Post
                        Following this

Comment

Such an awesome fleet. Looks like you have the same problem as me. Cant leave anything well enough alone, sticky tires and coils on the daily haha.

What lift is that you have on the floor of your garage. Ive been meaning to look into a lift like that for my garage as well.
                          IG @gt3_brz

My Mustang Build
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...=1#post1552949

My BRZ Build
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=86482

My F100 Build
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=97329

Comment

wow I wanna see you guys have fun with an E32! subbed ! awesome!

Comment

Btw more updates are welcome! need something to read while im deployed

Comment

Working...
                              X