1985 Subaru GL - BMW E30 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 Subaru GL - BMW E30 conversion

I picked up this GL on Monday June 17th this week for a daily. It only has 100k miles on it and is totally flawless. The first thing I noticed when looking at the rear was that it resembled a 1985 BMW E30. This GL is not easy on the eyes but it's really reliable. Being as intelligent as I am, I decided to merge the classy look of a BMW to a reliable Subaru together. I'm turning the outside of my GL into a BMW E30, all h8ers are welcome to subscribe to my thread. Now I can enjoy the best of both worlds.

I think this will work out just fine - notice the resemblance? The bottom right is an actual 325i Tail light placed over the subaru tail light, other than the extra white reverse reflector there's not much else that's different.

Picked up a front end in Seattle for $75 and made a custom Euro Plate

Here's a jump ahead to the before and after

Last edited by Zwingfilms; 02-15-2014, 06:44 AM.
    https://t.me/pump_upp

hmm

let's see where this is heading

i don't c why u would do it, cause i actually like the boxy look of ur subaru
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

this could work i quite like the idea! hopefully you can pull it off
      Instagram - marcuscreek ---- facebook - /cusbum

Static Low R50 Mini Cooper

Comment

interested to see what you do with the grill, i know how poor those 80's subaru headlights are.

Comment

So refreshing to see this

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

i think it would be much easier to put the subaru drive train into an e30 shell and still have your outcome with the ability to get upgraded chassis parts.
            If you're ordering custom adapters, call 775.530.2483 to make sure you are getting exactly what you want. Thanks

follow on IG: eurotrashapparel

Comment

what the fuck.

Please don't try to turn this shit into an e30.
              What are you smoking?

Its way more unique and its a pretty cool looking car in its own right. Don't ruin it.

Comment

lol wut?
                IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

This is the sort of thing you see lurking unfinished and covered in half-sanded bondo for $800 on Craigslist, except it's usually an F150 with a Jaguar front end or something.

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out though.
                  Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
                    lol wut?

Comment

Please no...

Last thing we need here is another e30, and even worse that it's not even a real e30.

I like the square bmw esque looks of the subie.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

First Photoshoot

Took these retro shots this morning at Solo Point Beach in Dupont, WA

One of the cleanest engine bays I've seen after a craigslist deal

Because Race car

Comment

Is this real life?? I don't have anything against it. And if you are set on doing this, by all means, go for it. Just seems like a massive waste of money and time to me.

Comment

What are you trying to achieve? An uglier version of the e30??
                            Just get an e30 with a m20, do the cooling and belts and you are set. There is a reason for them still being around. They are not unreliable.
                            -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                            Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Alright alright, let me be more clear.

First of all, I'm not going all out on this, I have my swap to worry about.
                              I'm spending hardly any money on this and I'm not discounting the reliability of BMW's.

Telling me to just get an e30 is like telling me to just buy an STI in regards to my other swap.

What is unique about just buying an e30? or just buying an STI? Nothing, nothing is unique about
                              saying, hey look what I bought with my money?

I like to take things and make them really unique like my swap. This E30 conversion is kind of a joke,
                              I'm not looking for people to dig what I'm doing, I'm trying to get a laugh out of this, if it ends up
                              working out and looking legit, then awesome, if not oh well. I didn't spend much money on this car and if it ends up looking silly, I can always go back to the stock look.

Just sit back and enjoy what you're about to see.

Comment

Working...
                              X