split 3 piece welded wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• split 3 piece welded wheels?

I have a set of japanese 3 piece wheels. the face is sandwiched between the lip and barrel, has rivets all the way around, then welded shut all the way around. Is it possible to have these split apart and get new lips and barrels? can anybody reccomend a place?

yes its doable, tho its gonna be expensive.
    i would rather just buy another wheel to avoid the hazzel, and in the end it would most likely to be cheaper, unless you get a REALLY good deal on splitting the wheels.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
      yes its doable, tho its gonna be expensive.
      i would rather just buy another wheel to avoid the hazzel, and in the end it would most likely to be cheaper, unless you get a REALLY good deal on splitting the wheels.
      I have done it with a cut off wheel which was only my time you just need to take your time.
      It isnt really that hard and doesnt need to be that precise, just cut the weld and unbolt
      Real name is James

Comment

i know, but hes looking to reuse the centers, and they are welded to the barrel and lip if i understand correctly. if you cut it, no problem there, but afterwards you will need to smooth the edge and surfaces out. because his face is sandwiched between the lip and barrel, appose to your wheel, witch is mounted from the front, and was never welded onto.
        then comes the fun part, buying new lips and barrels. witch will be a bit pricey, unless he has a good deal some were.
        buying new wheels will almost end up at the same price. as custom lips and barrels.

what is the wheel btw, so we know if its a real 3piece or not.
        -Instagram@jdjurhuus
        Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

They are some old SSR Vienna Spoke wheels. Here is a pic. I peeled up some of that gray stuff sealing the lip and barrel and there is a weld bead that goes all the way around the wheel. So I can split these right?

Comment

Working...
          X