• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSR wheel sizing help

Hey fellas
    About to order my next set up soon for ssr ms1

wheel sizing chart for the SSR ms1 in 19 inchs

If the dish size is for example 84mm, will the dish size change when i change an offset from +30 to say +11 despite it being in the 84mm category? and with relation to that, if i choose a super low disk compared to a normal disk, how will dish size change despite it also being in a 84mm category?

Any help at all will be appreciated. I know what offset ranges i want, however i want even dish all round. Since its stepped lip, i dont just want the step then the spoke. Wouldnt mind a bit of dish after the step. If anyone has any pics of themselves or their mates with SSR ms1 please post it up with the specs and how much dish there is please so it can help me make a decision within the next two weeks!

Looking for offsets between +22 - +24
    width for front 8.5-9
    width for rear 9.5-10

For some reason i cant seem to get my head around this. so thanks in advance fellas

No.
    They change the face to one with a thicker pad. That's what SL, NR, MD and HP are.

Comment

^ correct

They are in that lip category so they don't need to re-manufacture lips.

If you were to get custom wheels, the lips size WILL change with a decrease in offset, because they use the same faces and just move back the mount positions.

Comment

Cheers fellas, both make sense to me but for some reason i cant seem to make a connection the the SSR wheel chart that i need to make an order. I understand the concepts behind wheel sizing and specsbut for some reason that completely goes out the window once i look at the SSR sizing chart

But in regards to the offset; the amount of dish will change if the offset becomes lower correct? since afterall the spokes are getting closer to the centre of the wheel. But if were looking at a 84mm dish on a 9.5 width wheel, why is there different offsets available? Wouldnt that mean the 84mm worth of dish wont be true if we are looking at a +24 over a 0 offset wheel in the same category?
        Last edited by private_numero; 01-10-2011, 07:49 PM.

Comment

No basically what it's doing (like kartikeya said) it's just changing the pad width.

The pad is the big piece of metal that comes off the back of the face. Basically what a spacer is, but it's part of the face. They offer different offsets so the wheels can have different fitment, not just different lip sizes.

Comment

but then, why is it still under a say 84mm dish category if the dish sizing changes for different fitment?

so if a 9.5 width rim (9.5inch = 241mm)
            241/2 = ~120mm for a 0 offset wheel. then realistically the dish of that wheel would be at around 100-120mm correct? then why is that underneath a 84mm dish category?

sorry to be annoying bro, like i said for some reason i cant make a connection to what i know and that ssr wheel sizing chart? unless what i know is completely off? :S

Comment

Pretend they're adding spacers. Spacers lower your offset but don't add lip.

They're multipiece wheels.

They have a limited number of lip sizes that they bolt onto a limited number of barrel sizes. Then they make a variety of offsets for each combination by varying the hypothetical spacers. Which are actually the "disk height" and part of the face casting design.

Don't bother trying to do your own math when SSR lists everything you need to know right there.
              Last edited by Guest; 01-10-2011, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kartikeya View Post
                Pretend they're adding spacers. Spacers lower your offset but don't add lip.

They're multipiece wheels.

They have a limited number of lip sizes that they bolt onto a limited number of barrel sizes. Then they make a variety of offsets for each combination by varying the hypothetical spacers. Which are actually the "disk height" and part of the face casting design.

Don't bother trying to do your own math when SSR lists everything you need to know right there.
                the truth speaker.
                -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

thanks for that kartikeya. Makes sense to me now. Much appreciated bro

Comment

Anyone know the difference in mm between a super low disk and normal disk option with a wheel that has the same width and offset?

Reason i ask is i was wondering if the SL disk would clear my front calipers. Read various forums like lexus, evo, nissan forums that it wont. However i read on a rx7 forum that SL disk will clear. Even though it wont be applicable to my car, would be nice to have figures so i can whip out the ruler and check for myself.

thanks in advance fellas!

Comment

The difference between SL and Normal is ~13mm of clearance.

You haven't said what your car is, so we can't even begin to speculate on if either will fit.
                      Last edited by Guest; 01-11-2011, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Wow thanks for that man.
                        I drive a 2007 toyota camry
                        Just measured the front calipers;
                        From the disk to the top of the front caliper is about 50-55mm
                        The hub where you attach the wheel on is about 30mm thick

Comment

Working...
                        X