Calling all e36 wheel fitment gurus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all e36 wheel fitment gurus!

Alright so before I get bashed for starting a fitment thread just know that I have searched for the answer to my question thoroughly before starting this post...

My car: 1997 e36 328i sedan

Wheels: 17x8.5 et13 front // 17x10 et19 rear

Tires: 195/40 front // 215/40 rear Yokohama S Drives

Suspension: Either air ride or broadway static

So here are my questions...

1.) Will this wheel/tire setup work on either suspension setup?
    2.) Should I consider different tire sizes or brands
    3.) Will I need to roll and/or pull my fenders? (Especially for the rear fitment)
    ||| mkv GTI - RIP || 69' w114 || 97' e36 328i |||

You need to learn how to search better.

My old car on the exact same specs wheels/tire setup as you are describing.

Front- Fenders not rolled. On 17x8.5et13 195/40 tire and camber plates. Around -3.5 degrees camber.
    Rear- Fenders rolled, but not pulled. On 17x10et19 215/40 tire and camber arms. Around .-6 to -8 degrees camber, slight rubbing.

Car was static.If i was to do it again, i would go with a bigger front tire like a 205/40 and smaller rear wheel to avoid rubbing or do a slight pull but still maintain the original body lines. .
    Before those photos I had stock camber arms maxed out to around -3.5 degrees and it rubbed fender to tire and was not so bad. After the camber adjustment to get -8ish it rubbed fender to wheel lip and it was really annoying.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Yeah I saw your car in my searching efforts. I am new to the e36 world and was not sure if the fitment on a coupe would be the exact same on a sedan. I apreciate you taking the time to give me the specifications of your suspension setup. That will help a lot in my decision.
      ||| mkv GTI - RIP || 69' w114 || 97' e36 328i |||

Comment

Mine is 8.5 17 front 205 40 s drive as well 15mm spacer, rear 10 with 215 40 no roll or pull anywhere.same as pervious post your rear tires will rub,fronts should be ok depends how low you go. With camber you need to adjust fenders.

Comment

Working...
        X