11" Rears On A E28?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11" Rears On A E28?

Found some 16"x11" ET-20 rear wheels. Wondering if crazy guard work is going to be needed for them to fit? I have coilovers, so i can adjust ride height accordingly.

Also any recommendations on the smallest tyres you could fit to 11" wheels?

Is that meant to be 'minus 20' or just ET20? I really doubt it'd be easy to fit any sort of 11, even more so if that's -20.....and depends what you mean by crazy guard work!?!?

As for tyres, 235/245 on an 11in(225 if you wanted to go a bit more full on), but finding 16in tyres isn't easy in bigger, lower profile sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by Beware View Post
      Is that meant to be 'minus 20' or just ET20? I really doubt it'd be easy to fit any sort of 11, even more so if that's -20.....and depends what you mean by crazy guard work!?!?

As for tyres, 235/245 on an 11in(225 if you wanted to go a bit more full on), but finding 16in tyres isn't easy in bigger, lower profile sizes.
      All of this.
      Tire sizes might prohibit you from buying them in the first place.
      IG: ossiep

Comment

According to the add they are -20.

By crazy guard work i mean pumping/panel beating, obviously this all depends on how low i go.

Yes tyres are my concern, wide 16" tyres aren't as easy to get and also more expensive. 17" would be easier.

Wheels are bbs rs 005.

Comment

That sounds about right....RS005's are 16x8 +20 stock on the rears, so adding 3 inches to make them out to 11's would mean -19....what size dishes are they? They'd have to be 4.5in or 5in for that to work, as they come with 1.5in or 2in slants stock I think.

225/45's are readily available, which would be a hefty stretch, but I don't know about anything much wider?

Comment

Moose has 11" rears on his 1JZ swapped e28. I forget his specs, but he did a lot of work to get them to fit.
            Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
            2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
              Moose has 11" rears on his 1JZ swapped e28. I forget his specs, but he did A LOT of work to get them to fit.
              And it originally had flares before the current fender work I believe.

I'll be checking back in this thread as I'm going to be getting new lips for my RS's and have been debating how big of a lip to go too. Although I'm running 17's.
              DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
              E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Originally posted by los02 View Post
                And it originally had flares before the current fender work I believe.

I'll be checking back in this thread as I'm going to be getting new lips for my RS's and have been debating how big of a lip to go too. Although I'm running 17's.
                Challenge accepted, i bought them and they are on there way.

Comment

and don't forget to post some pictures after fitting the wheels
                  low life

Comment

Thats no problem!

A friend of mine e28 11x17 (dont remember the offset tho) Not so low yet, and the wheel arches ar not rolled yed.

Last edited by Mystic; 12-17-2013, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Yes tyres are my concern, wide 16" tyres aren't as easy to get and also more expensive. 17" would be easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic View Post
                        Thats no problem!

A friend of mine e28 11x17 (dont remember the offset tho) Not so low yet, and the wheel arches ar not rolled yed.
                        Have fun rolling those arches. It will make you want to punch yourself in the face. And you'll gain maybe a quarter inch of clearance.
                        Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                        2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Should be interesting then, ideally i want to tuck tyre. Thinking of trying to fit 225 wide tyres to them, not sure how this will work as i have no experience with stretched tyres.

Think i will have to look into how to get more negative camber.

Comment

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                            Have fun rolling those arches. It will make you want to punch yourself in the face. And you'll gain maybe a quarter inch of clearance.
                            It worked well on the last e28 he had, and this one also needs a full respray, so well need to see whats happen

Comment

Originally posted by epearce View Post
                              Should be interesting then, ideally i want to tuck tyre. Thinking of trying to fit 225 wide tyres to them, not sure how this will work as i have no experience with stretched tyres.

Think i will have to look into how to get more negative camber.
                              You need to weld adjustment plates / brackets on the subframe to gain more negative camber.
                              There are several DIY's for it.
                              -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                              Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Working...
                              X