Suspension:
    Front, Vogtland lowering springs
    Bilstein Yellows
    -1.2*
    Rear, Ford Focus adjustable collars and springs
    Bilstein Yellows
    -3.8*

SL400 4-Piston Brakes up front

I finally have direction on what I want to do with my 190e. As it sits it's a very clean example, garage kept blue/blue car. With the exception of dash vents and recovered door cards the interior is 100% perfect, the exterior has a few dings but overall 8.5/10. This car has made me be somewhat of a purist.

The plan I have in motion now is:

-M103 3.0l swap, 100% refreshed.

-BMW E30 (m20mb25/7) headers welded to the M103 flange

-Cam from DBilas, unsure what what duration to get. Their site says the factory is a 256*, I'm thinking a 280* should do the trick.

-Once I have this together I'm grabbing a MegaSquirt II, depending on what I learn about the MS and the engine itself I'd like to get some E36 or E34 M throttle bodies and adapt them to the intake manifold.

-I want to pick up an R170 C230 6 speed manual transmission, haven't seen it done yet.

-Custom front ball joints, camber plates, and springs.

-Sooner than later will be Audio. Looking out for a DVD Navigation unit. I have a 5 Channel Kicker amp and a 10" Type R. My speakers are already replaced with Type S.

Low on the list since it's amazing is the interior. I want to grab some 16v rear seats and mesh headrest Recaros to have recovered in blue.

Another low priority (probably more than a year off) is 16v body kit.

Optional BBS RS from a W124, playing with swapping lips to get a good fit, they didn't fit...

Found the SL wheels for $250 shipped, and the Hankooks from a friend for $50

Lastly, my winter project is a shaved trunk lid with a VW popper:

Last edited by Greg; 02-01-2016, 12:30 PM.
    My 190e
    @190e_greg

Looks like a clean slate and a fun daily man. One of the few Mercedes I truly like

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

we have the same suspension setup, how does the rear handle with the focus springs and collar ?
      Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by kofi View Post
        we have the same suspension setup, how does the rear handle with the focus springs and collar ?
        Its so good I want to match the front to those. Right now the front end is squishy and the rear is so stiff it will cause traction issues on the inside tire
        My 190e
        @190e_greg

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
          Its so good I want to match the front to those. Right now the front end is squishy and the rear is so stiff it will cause traction issues on the inside tire
          damn lol i def need these springs, what are they called ?
          Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Comment

damn lol i def need these springs, what are they called ?
            No idea I actually had them sitting around from my old focus wagon
            My 190e
            @190e_greg

Comment

Been researching ways to get a little more power, and more fun out of this car. Most guys go with 1j/2j swaps, LS, even 1UZ swaps. I updated the first post with the plan I have. I've already started finding the parts I need. As we all know, it's car part season...
              My 190e
              @190e_greg

Comment

if you can look for a 3.2 m104 engine

Comment

if you can look for a 3.2 m104 engine
                  The best fit for me is the M103 honestly. It's a lot simpler and I think looks fantastic.
                  My 190e
                  @190e_greg

Comment

What happened to the BBS? Those rears look like they'd fit with a good roll.
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/imag...es/cruisin.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
                      What happened to the BBS? Those rears look like they'd fit with a good roll.
                      Traded them for a mk2 Jetta coupe with a 20v swap.
                      My 190e
                      @190e_greg

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
                        Traded them for a mk2 Jetta coupe with a 20v swap.
                        i like them rims, imo BBS are very nice, but the most people have them
                        do you have pics of the MK2?

keep it clean and lean man, very nice ride you got there
                        GOD ONLY LOVES YOU
                        WHEN YOUR CAR IS LOW AS FCK!

Project page:
                        "1971 W114 230.6"

Future BagRider

Comment

I remember liking your picture in IG where you put on fender spacers. How much clearance did it give you approx? Car is looking very clean!

Building a W124 Benz

Comment

nice idea that trunk

i'm surprised at how good it looks with those wheels
                            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

I always knew those wheels would look that good on a 201. Almost a shame no one runs these...

Looking good!
                              Lucas
                              Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                              Originally posted by LCG
                              High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Working...
                              X