Zamböni the street cleaning e30!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zamböni the street cleaning e30!

Hey guys, so this is my first ever build thread! My name is Leonardo (@le3ooo on instagram) and I am from the Bay Area in California. I have had my e30 for about a year and half now, and it has come a long way since I bought it. I picked up the 1989 325i in Phoenix, Arizona (15 hour drive). The car already had a full respray done with a custom dark blue color(looks very nice in my opinion). we trailered the car back home without any issues!

One of the first things I bought for the car other than lots and lots of maintenance was a grip royal steering wheel.

Just as I was about to buy coilovers, I came across an interior that I could not let slip. I picked up the interior the next day and I put it in that night!

Last edited by le3ooo; 04-15-2016, 10:57 AM.
    [/INDENT]

only your last two pics work. it looks good in those pics though

Comment

how do i fix it?! lol
      [/INDENT]

Comment

So that I got the interior, I had to start saving again so I could have enough for some new coilovers. I didn't know much about suspension, but my friend helped me out with that. I got in touch with Jaze from Broadway Static and before I knew it my custom coilovers were being assembled. About 8 weeks later, the coilovers arrived at my house and I could not be more excited!

So the next thing on the list was wheels! This was a hard one for me because there are so many different options! After weeks and weeks of looking on Stanceworks and the local craigslist ads, I found what I wanted. I found disassembled BBS RM's which are 15"s. The wheels had no lips and were only the face and barrel(2 piece).

The wheels were previously powdercoated black and that wasn't going to do any justice so I got them powdercoated white! I also bought some 3" lips for the rear and 2.5" lips for the front. I also got polished hardware and then I put the wheels together and sealed them.

Before I did anything else, I needed to figure out the "e30 oil pan" situation since it sits stupid low to the ground. So I had the local shop raise my motor a little bit. the oil pan now sits as low as the subframe, maybe a tad bit higher.

Last edited by le3ooo; 12-16-2015, 02:04 AM.
        [/INDENT]

Comment

Now its time to go low! I picked up some Falken tires for the RM's. I had the same shop that did my motor raise install the tires and coilovers.

This is how the car sat after it was lowered. I was very satisfied with the outcome.

Last edited by le3ooo; 12-16-2015, 01:56 AM.
          [/INDENT]

Comment

I loved the outcome and i enjoyed driving it a lot! the Broadway Static coils felt amazing, they drove like a dream. Then I bought some e46 camber arms. Me and my friend put the camber arms in. Without adjusting the coils it looked like this, wish it was drive-able :/ lol

After some minor adjustments, it is drivable again. It now looks like this.

That is how the car is sitting right now. I have some plans that I will soon be doing. Follow my instagram to keep with it more @le3ooo. Thanks for reading and Ill try and be as active as possible to update this.
            Last edited by le3ooo; 12-18-2015, 11:48 AM.
            [/INDENT]

Comment

Car looks great, but you gotta get those pics bigger lol I had a hard time figuring out the best way at first, so ill try and explain for ya and help out.

where ever you want your image to show up, do it like this:

[img] then insert the direct link from the image hosting website you wanna use here [/img]

I use postimage.org but you can use whatever works best for you. Hope that helps! (also thats how you post more than 5 pics at a time)

Comment

Thanks dude! yeah I couldn't really figure it out lol ill do it now.
                [/INDENT]

Comment

Originally posted by le3ooo View Post
                  Thanks dude! yeah I couldn't really figure it out lol ill do it now.
                  No problem man glad it helped. Yea that shit is sexy dude, color is amazing I love that blue with the white wheels. Also, the rake makes it look soooooo mean haha

Comment

Thanks man! that means a lot, and looks a lot better now
                    [/INDENT]

Comment

Looks awesome, so clean and everything sits just right!

Comment

damn, that is definitely a street sweeper. Did you ever have this posted on craigslist? I feel like I saw one identical to this posted probably a year ago now, before the coils/RM's.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

What's holding the back up from going lower? Or do you like the rake?

Comment

Originally posted by btns44 View Post
                            Looks awesome, so clean and everything sits just right!
                            thank you dude!
                            [/INDENT]

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
                              What's holding the back up from going lower? Or do you like the rake?
                              The tires are too big and I can't pull my fenders. Have big plans for the rear soon!
                              [/INDENT]

Comment

Working...
                              X