Sketchy B13 Sentra Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sketchy B13 Sentra Build

First off being new here to SW I just want to say hello to everyone. I Don't really have much experience posting in forums so i'm not entirely sure how to go about this, So ill just start from the beginning and tell it like a story lol If your not interested in the backstory just skip the next paragraph.

I Originally got the car in January of 2014. I was without a car for a year prior to that and hadn't been able to save up enough for anything desirable, then this came up. A 1994 Nissan Sentra XE. A friend was moving and needed to get rid of it quick, so i got it for 500$.. From the beginning I ***** the car, Its a GA16 Automatic, no SR unfortunately. For me that was a huge downgrade over my previous car, and like I said I ***** it... for about the first year, then things started to change.

Im going to have to rustle through a year plus of photos so it might be a little disorganized at first but bare with me.

Here's a teaser of its current form.
    DSC05560.jpg

B13 Sentra. Are those the ones with only about 3 inches of suspension travel from factory??

Comment

I've always loved b13's. I hope this turns out like the Mike Kojima's dog car.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by Tate View Post
        B13 Sentra. Are those the ones with only about 3 inches of suspension travel from factory??
        Yup, these are the ones lol

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
        I've always loved b13's. I hope this turns out like the Mike Kojima's dog car.
        Not really going the track car route, I do have ideas for a pretty unusual swap for this thing in the future. Right now its just about getting this thing as low as possible whilst keeping some functionality.

Comment

Wait. Isn't Mike Kojima's car a B14 sentra. The generation after?

Comment

yea pretty sure

Comment

Originally posted by sketchy_sentra View Post
              yea pretty sure
              Your right!

Dog car was the B14, dog car II was the b15.

I meant phoenix hahahaha. It's been over 10 years since I read about that car, my memories are a bit foggy

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
              @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

I actually really like these, goodluck to you lookin forward to this

Comment

Lol. I had to look up these cars anyways. So your memory is way better than mine. And sometimes in the near future, may I suggest sr20DETT?? (LOL)

Comment

Okay so as I said i got the car in January of 2014, After dealing with some electical gremlins due to an aftermarket alarm being installed ( which i ended up removing ) I got the car running and on the road.

Jump to the summer time and we have this:
                    924002_311227042377864_1342158170_n.jpg
                    The stuff on the left of the hood is rust, in a splatter pattern lol The car had hit a deer before i got my hands on it, and when banging out the dents the paint got destroyed, so i just had fun with a angle grinder.

I Didn't really touch it for a while, until the winter hit, and I had nothing better to do. Made a roof rack out of scrap steel and welded it to the roof, threw and old skateboard up there and boom, instant street cred!
                    10818111_626237674153076_1833097139_n.jpg

Then I threw on a garden liner front lip, rusted the rest of the passenger fender, made a bumper filler piece, and tossed on an old motorcycle mirror. Still not really being too serious about the car, basically just having fun out in my garage over the winter.
                    10817909_1570823219819941_522107802_n.jpg

painted the stock steelies, took skateboard off roof, ended up making it look worse. A lot worse lol
                    925633_969782503049755_1457059476_n.jpg

( This is getting long and Ive already accidentally closed the tab twice so im going to move onto the next post )

Comment

Then I started making a rear spoiler. Still just all out of boredom, didn't have any real vision for the car yet, still didn't really car about it.
                      10963982_1549390001975651_1691146384_n.jpg
                      10948708_372287672943246_67246665_n.jpg
                      10914176_373210019471034_541902925_n.jpg
                      10932392_1543060529303652_1789385571_n.jpg

Shaved one of the rear handles, because why not practice lol
                      0122150901.jpg

Comment

Then, somewhere in between all that, I put in ES bushings in the front because the stock ones were badly worn. and along with that I also changed the sway bar bushings, end links, and ball joints.
                        0103152013.jpg

And I had two front coilovers leftover from my old mk3 jetta, sooooo I made those work.
                        0104151138.jpg

Then I started messing with a boser hood. This is where I started getting into this car. looking past its slow little heart and just enjoying the car for the awesome little thing that it is lol
                        0206152003a.jpg

Add a bit more to the hood, tint the side markers, tint the headlights and tails, and we have this:
                        0214150007.jpg

Then new wheels, nothing special but I got them for a steal. Definitely an upgrade though.
                        0223152053a.jpg

Comment

I put ARP wheel studs in the rear and added 15mm spacers.
                          0224151742.jpg

Put fender mirrors on, took door mirrors off
                          0224152258a.jpg

And then just continued to drive it thru the winter. lowering it more and more. ( cut springs in the rear at this point, ride was baaaad. )
                          image.jpg
                          ggdsdfs.jpg

took the side molding off, I think winter was coming to an end at this point
                          tttttrrrr.jpg

Comment

Continued to drive the car, didnt do a whole lot but cut the inner fenders in the rear to make clearance, and ruined the paint in the process so I just started taking more paint off.
                            rsz_aaaaaaabb.jpg
                            rsz_bbbbbbbbbba.jpg
                            rsz_ccccccca.jpg
                            rsz_dddddddaa.jpg
                            rsz_eeeeeebb.jpg

Comment

Started rusting more and more of the car, the texture hides how dented some of the panels are lol
                              rsz_aaaaaaas.jpg
                              rsz_bbbbbbb.jpg
                              rsz_cccccccc.jpg
                              rsz_dddddd.jpg
                              rsz_1eeeeee.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X