No announcement yet.

1972 Tvr Vixen (LS6 Pro-Touring Build)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been passing over this build for a few days now. I am so glad I finally opened this and read. this build is nuts. and the quality of the build is even better! keep up the great work!
    This is my signature

Comment

amazing work, sub'd. Only advice I have for exotic sound is short glass packs seem to have worked in the past for me.A buddy had a c6 vette with an off the shelf exhaust that sounded incredible and higher-pitched/exotic and Ive been after that sound ever since.
      l ig:coltondk l youtube:coltondk I DD: Tundra I Projects:l 06 STI I 87 S10 l I 57 Chevy Belair I I 48' International KB-2 I 07R6r l
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
        OK before I ask my question, I must note that I'm no racing driver, nor a racing car builder or anything that comes even close to it.

But looking at the location of your fuel tank, don't you think that it is placed in a location of high risk?

Because I can imagine that when this car spins off track, rear end first, into a barrier, it might end with a big BOOM and a fireball?

Just my 2cts.
        Anyhow, keep up the good work! fully subscribed!

I have honestly struggled with the fuel tank location since the beginning, and it's position was where the mufflers are now and only separated wing a piece of removable plywood set on top and a piece of carpet., and that is because space on this car is very tight. The only plan I have at this point is to build a bolt on cover over the fuel tank that might deflect the fuel out of the interior and allow it to exit somewhere else outside the body if there was a collision.

There has been a lot of battles with the car, and the original fuel tank position was actually worse than what i think I have sorted out, but I hope not to find out. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by BadassVixen View Post
          I have honestly struggled with the fuel tank location since the beginning, and it's position was where the mufflers are now and only separated wing a piece of removable plywood set on top and a piece of carpet., and that is because space on this car is very tight. The only plan I have at this point is to build a bolt on cover over the fuel tank that might deflect the fuel out of the interior and allow it to exit somewhere else outside the body if there was a collision.

There has been a lot of battles with the car, and the original fuel tank position was actually worse than what i think I have sorted out, but I hope not to find out. Lol

Can't you place a racing tank / fuel cell above the rear suspension, right behind the seats?
          What you then could do is build some kind of cagework around the rear...
          Lucas
          Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
          Originally posted by LCG
          High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
            Can't you place a racing tank / fuel cell above the rear suspension, right behind the seats?
            What you then could do is build some kind of cagework around the rear...
            I may be using that space for an expose coil over/linkage setup, and the other issue with that is the Back Glass is a fixed glass with no Hatch system, so there wouldn't be any access to that area unless I put the filler on the roof or behind one door glasses on the body. This car is very tricky, but I am checking on some sort of bladder system fuel tank that I can maybe make work in some way.

Comment

Good lord! Sub'd

I like em dropped.

Comment

Working on a Very Rough Mock Up of the rear Cantilever Coil Over mounting to plot some mounting points and ratio's for the actual bench constructed piece, and this setup is mainly being done to save some room for the CV axles and exhaust that runs between the rear upper and lower control arms. I am thinking that the apparatus will be exposed through the rear glass, and what better way to show off some RideTech Coil Over's than through the large back glass, plus I think it will have a nice technical touch to accent the rear wing?

It will be built in a way that will it allow the unbolting of the coil over frame work to allow the body to be removed, and with this position you will only have to reach backwards behind the seats to make some easy on the fly adjustments.

Last edited by BadassVixen; 04-29-2015, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Mother of God I want a TVR.

Its kind of got a SLS vibe to it.
                  PCH Cruiser 1985 BMW e28 Build Thread

Comment

Are you repainting it? if so what colour?
                    slow build, fast cars

Comment

Originally posted by shredgnar_ View Post
                      Are you repainting it? if so what colour?
                      The car will be repainted and is going back to the original TVR Orange it is now.

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BadassVixen View Post
                          Now here are some pictures of the wing, and the guy that I am building the car for really didn't like the idea of it when he saw the picture, but now that it is on the car he loves it.. In these pictures is may appear that the wing is very massive height and width wise, but it is actually much lower than the roof line and is still narrower than the factory Front Body Work, so these pictures are very deceiving. There is one picture in the group that will really demonstrate the size of the car overall, and it is the picture of the car down on the ground and you can see the door knob to the back shop, so make a reference that when it comes to the overall size of this car.. The wing is also completely removable with just a few bolts remove at the back brackets, and the frame work mounting the wing is all hidden and molded into the back bodywork, along with all of it being extremely braced for the potential forces the wing will add.

I also really like the early tail light conversion, because the original rectangular ones really took away from the styling of the car, and I personally think it was a mistake of TVR to go that route..

Those widebody fenders look so sick. Also, is that a Volvo P1800 hiding on the right side of the pic?

Comment

We received the Black Widow Exhaust and I am starting to work with them and found it was necessary to make them about 4in shorter to allow a center chamber. Luckily these are quality muffler with great metal, so it was very easy to remove the end caps and remove some of the chamber length without affecting anything. Thanks guys.

The pictured box isn't the actual size or air volume I will have, but it is the width allowed between the mufflers, so I hope the pics of the assembly together and the template for the body exhaust cutout will offer some sort of representation of my goal here. I removed the tubing extensions on the chamber side, and there will be some sort of baffle to direct the exhaust exit toward the back of the chamber and also keep the two mufflers exit from beating against each other, so I hope I get the sound I am looking for with this setup.

Tight spaces in a compact car leaves a lot to be desired, and to top that with the importance of ground clearance, really made this chore necessary. The black mufflers pictured are a longer muffler I used for mock up, and the new Black Widow Exhaust mocked up with the chamber is the overall same width as the pictured black mufflers, so it will all work out great.

Comment

Little old Robert's law breakin days may be over...

If you've been ripped off by this scum bag, call the number in the article.

I am not a victim, and not claiming I am a victim at all.. Just to point this out... 0.3 percent of the post on this thread are from people involved (not including me), and some of those post are multiple post from involved people, so that makes it about a 0.01 percent post participation in...
                              Last edited by gdogg16; 05-13-2015, 11:34 AM.
                              Greg
                              1974 Volvo 142

Comment

I knew this thread seemed familiar.

Comment

Working...
                                X