Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap beer & energy drinks (a honda build)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap beer & energy drinks (a honda build)

This will be the build of my 92 Accord.

Let me go ahead and say, currently it looks like a turd. See for yourself.

If you're wondering what bozo painted those designs on the hood, I'm that bozo. Not sure what I was thinking with when I did it. It probably had something to do with all the weed I used to smoke.

Also, the interior looks like a storage shed.

So my plans are to patina the body, wider steelies, and slam it, all on a budget. The beauty will be in the details, or lack thereof. Some will love it, many will **** it. But I'm gonna keep it fun and cheap.

IDGAF.
    Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.
    Check out my Bowling Pin Shift Knobs!
    My Mighty Max build
    My Honda turd build

In for this, budget builds are always so cool!

Comment

Wife says I need to work out more, so I set out to strip some paint with some 36 grit on a block sander. My niece wanted to help so I let her.

We got about this far before saying to hell with sanding.

So I went and got some beer and paint stripper.

And by the morning, it looked like this...

Now I just need to sand it and maybe get some more paint stripper for what's left. You can see now this isn't gonna just gonna be some pussy stripped hood honda "rat rod". Not as exciting of an update as some lowz or wheels, but progress is being made.
      My Mighty Max build
      My Honda turd build

Comment

why do people keep ruining their cars and then making excuses for it? rusting cars blows my mind... sorr for being a h a t e r
        IG: Dimitriantoniou
        1997 bmw 328i vert: sold:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55235
        1997 bmw 328is: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69857

Comment

Originally posted by meech View Post
          why do people keep ruining their cars and then making excuses for it? rusting cars blows my mind... sorr for being a h a t e r
          At the end of this build, if the car looks anything like I've envision it to look, I consider that a success. What I set out to do is combine 3 of my personal favorite styles of vehicle modification: Hondas, minitrucks, and rat rods.

Honestly, I wanted to build a clean, well built Honda. But to reach my desired look I'd want for this car, I'd have to spend thousands and thousands of dollars to reach that goal with this particular car. With my emotional attachment to this car, I couldnt see getting rid of it to get a better condition cb7, so I set out to create something a little more unique.

I don't consider your comment '****' and I expect more comments like it to follow.
          My Mighty Max build
          My Honda turd build

Comment

Honestly in for this, always liked accords favorite model of mine.
            08 Sentra slow build

Comment

Will look good with the rust as long as it isnt too rusty (if that makes sense)

anyways in for the uh rust or patina or whatever you call it.
              Subbed

Comment

Please continue.
                Originally posted by FunfGang
                But lol at the "meaty look" "coming back".
                Originally posted by Dudermagee
                XXr's, homey.

Comment

This update is brought to you by Icehouse, oh my God never again.

Decided to paint my headlight/corner light housings. Most cb7 owners just blackhouse them, which looks good IMO. But I wanted something a little different.

First things, first. I had to take the electrical tape off, and from being on the headlights for about year, when I peeled it off, it still looked like this.

To separate the housing from the lense, they went into the oven like grandma's cookies.

And after paint and scrubbing the tape residue off.

Decided to "fog" the corner lights. basically took some 70 and 100 grit sandpaper to them. I see something similar done on some taillights before. Is supposed to give them a matte look. Not sure how I feel about it. They're just some cheap ebay ones so, replacing them wont be a problem if I end up ****** them. Comparison between clear and sanded lense:

And one side all together.

Still not sure about the corner lenses,but they're growing on me. They should look better installed on the car.
                  My Mighty Max build
                  My Honda turd build

Comment

Working...
                  X