Proper slammed bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper slammed bug

So, after seeing some nice aircooled rides here, i decided to put my project up here also.

My name is Maikel, 24 years old and live in the Netherlands. Since a year or so i drive a old Volkswagen Bug.
    Perviously i owned a BMW E36 320i, Volkswagen Golf Mk2. Besides the bug, i currently own a Golf Mk3 witch is my daily drive.

Bought the bug like this:

Clearly, it had no stance or something even coming close to it haha. It didn't take long for the first adjustments took place.
    Fitted a 4 inch narrowed beam with airride, dropped spindels and fitted the original wheels back on with a fresh paint. Lowered the rear a click. So after a while, it looked like this:

Not long after that, my project came to a stop for a short while. Got pulled over by the cops who took my papers and some other shit for being to low..
    Had to make it back to stock height and put it up for a new test at the police department to get my papers back..
    Lucky for me, everything was fine so the car was back on the road. 2 days after i slammed it again haha.

Fast forward a few months: Fitted a sunscreen, a set of albert swan mirrors and some other small goodies.
    Meeting season was on, so visited a couple of meets with it. Had a blast that summer with my bug.
    After the season was over, it was time for some new wheels. Bought a nice set of 15 inch radars but they didn't fit properly.
    So a month later my girl comes to me with a present!
    My girl bought me a set of full polished Fuchs rims

Slammed the rear a bit more and had a photoshoot:

What takes us to present day. Fitted a set of dropped extensions in the rear last weekend. Slammed the rear even more:

For the sharp eyed guys over here, the rear is still static. My oil pan is coming close to the ground in this set-up. So a set of bags for the rear are ordered.

Things done in big lines:
    4 inch narrowed adjustable beam with dropped extension and air shocks.
    2 inch Dropped springplates, dropped extensions and a few clicks down in the rear.
    15 inch full polished Fuchs and a lot of small things on the interieur, exterieur and engine.

Plans for it:
    Bagging the rear
    Fitting the new body (which i already have)
    A Fresh paint
    Weld a set of flat ground plates in
    Gotti J55C's

Hope you guys like it, will keep you updated from now on! Like SL4M CR3W on Facebook for neat pictures of my ride and a couple of my friends!
    Last edited by maikel_rox; 05-09-2014, 06:52 AM.

Scene-whore

Awesome, love the colour

Comment

properly done, looks rad.

Comment

The stance on this Bug is absolutely lights out, INB4 Nick comments on how he never should have gotten rid of his Bug.
        Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
        and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
        S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by kittenpuncher View Post
          The stance on this Bug is absolutely lights out, INB4 Nick comments on how he never should have gotten rid of his Bug.
          DAMNIT

lol besides the narrowed beam, i was going to be running that same set up :,(

looks awesome though, keep up the good work

IG: Nick475

Comment

Thanks guys! Nice to read some positive comments on it!

@ Nick: Show me a picture of your old ride, will ya? A narrowed beam is a must have if you want to get proper low with a bug

Scene-whore

Comment

that is what we called DUMP'D…. awesome

Comment

Nice bug.
                on instagram straight flexin'

Comment

Verry nice

Comment

Thanks guys! did a lot after the last post. Last week i pulled the engine because of a oil leak. it leaked at the end of the carter/beginning of the gearbox so i thought it was the crankshaft bearing, what was the problem indeed. Order a few parts, pulled the engine, replaced it and mounted the engine back in. Problem solved and no leaking anymore!

Also raised the bug in the rear yesterday.. Not happy with that kind of stuff but it was necessary.. The enige had a tolerance of around one centimeter with the road, with one person in it.. Drivable, but this weekend i'm going to visit a show called Selected in Gent (BE) which is a 2 hour drive. Besides that the misses will be joining me so with 2 persons in it, it wil be a clearance of just a couple of millimetres on a flat road. And the roads in Belgium are terrible, so i had to raise the bug for that reason. i prefer to keep things in one peace haha.

The advantage of the dropped extensions is that i can adjust it in about 20 minutes. With a normal setup, it wil take a lot longer because you have to adjust the spring plates a few clicks, put it on tension and stuf. With the dropped extensions you mount the axle on top of the spring plate, but you also albe to mount it in a stock kind of wat within the spring plate. And that is exactly what is did.. The result is a raise of a cm 5/6 which is more than enough for the trip to Gent with two people in it.

Crappy phone picture to show the result

Tomorrow i have a day of to proper clean/clay/wax the bug and get it ready en shiny for Selected. Booked a room at a hotel in Belgium, so its going to be a relaxed weekend with my girl and friends! Be sure to visit the meet if your from the Netherlands, Belgium and so on. Selection only meeting with just under 300 real nice cars (JDM/VAG/excetera)

And at last, i'm still waiting on a order to be arrived. Bagging the rear but to have the parts for that is handy. Hopefully i will receive those rapidly!

Scene-whore

Comment

bug is clean as hell man! nice progress!
                      mkv raised subframe

Comment

Wicked. I was wondering when you post a thread after you commented in mine. I love the wheels. I want some but I want them to be all black or cream.

When you put the new wheels on, did you use adapters, or swap for 5 lug drums?

Comment

Six weeks and counting. Thats how long i have been waiting on my parts to arrive and still have nothing.
                          It's a shame that it takes so long, especially when you advertise with a 2 weeks delivery promise.
                          So, i still havent been able to bag the rear unfortunately.. Let's have a little more patience.
                          In the meantime i visited a couple of shows and trying to get my hand on a new set of wheels.
                          It's looks promising, but no purchase yet..

So for now, i only can please you with some pictures of last weekend @ Eurosunday, Lommel (BE).

If you really want to know, the guy in the grey is me

@oprah; i used adapters to fit the wheels. Works perfect for me. In the rear it fall a bit wider, and in the front just under the arches

Scene-whore

Comment

too bad its taking so long for your parts to come in, i want to see it on the floor! and what wheels are you looking at?

Comment

Very cool! A bagged air cooled beetle is my ultimate goal. some day. What year is yours?

Comment

Working...
                              X