Project Kodachrome: '73 Roundie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Kodachrome: '73 Roundie

Put a deposit on this 1973 BMW 2002 today!

It's pretty solid, there's a few things that need to be done to get it running 100% right, but it has been sitting for a couple decades...

Any help will be appreciated immensely; my goal is to have it be somewhat presentable for Staggered 2014. Everything depends on how much money I can save between now and then; most likely, it will be a budget build for a while. I do want to do things right though.

I can't wait until it's sitting in my driveway!

excited! i love the onslaught of 02's
    @DollaDollaDill

Comment

Love seeing them saved, lmk if you need any parts, we have some from a parts car so might be able to help ya out.
      My '66 C10 Build
      My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

So jelous, i love 2002's! I will be subscribed to this.
        Can hardly ever find a 2002 worth buying in england.

My 1983 Mk1 Golf

Comment

Looks like it has a lot of potential! Its great you are saving a roundie.
          http://www.neuemotorsports.com/

Comment

Very cool! Looks like a pretty complete find.
            Just noticed that that is a later front nose/clip. I would check that closely to make sure it was done clean and no rusty welds. Good luck with it!

Comment

That's looking pretty haggard, I'm interested to see what you'll do with it! 10 points for saving another of these classic cars.

Comment

I like it because it has character. I like the worn in feel. I may eventually make it beautiful, but that is a long way off. I really just wanted to have something more unique to take photos of. haha

Comment

We'll be making the transaction on Monday, but I don't really know when it will be in my driveway. My dad's truck bit the dust this week, so I either need to get a temp plate or he needs to get his new tow rig soon.

Comment

Nice! Not a huge fan of the late trunk and nose, but it'll be a fun project. Can't wait to see what you do with it!
                    tumblr
                    flickr
                    instagram

Comment

Yeah, if I keep it long enough to paint it, I will get and early nose and trunk to swap on, but running and driving is more important right now.

Comment

Makes sense. Looks like a clean car to start on.
                        tumblr
                        flickr
                        instagram

Comment

I'm so anxious! My dad's truck bit the dust, so I have nothing to take the '02 home with. We're working on borrowing a truck to use out trailer, but I may have a temp plate before then. I have been doing a bunch of research on 2002faq. I've been checking out builds, but most have fender work, which I'm keeping away from for now. Wheel specs are few and far between, but I think I'll be going with 15x7 up front and 15x8 in the rear. For now I want to get some Diamond Racing Wheels, so if anyone knows what offset I should be looking at, please feel free to chime in. I don't really know what I'm doing mechanically, so the build will be a combination of my own work, friends (if I can find some that know what they're doing on '02s), and probably some shops for more complicated things. Any help from people on here will be most appreciated! (If you happen to have a garage, tools, know-how, and are willing to let me learn, please let me know...)

Comment

So I got the car in my driveway!

The other day I went to get a couple spare sets of keys made, but the first one I tried somehow messed up the ignition mechanism... so...

I'm having my friend's mechanic take a look at the car as a whole. I would like to have it driving and registered for the fall.

Comment

Nice pickup man! These things are an absolute blast to drive, enjoy it and I cant wait to see what you do with it.
                              1975 BMW 2002 : : 1977 BMW 320i : : 1983 BMW 320i

Comment

Working...
                              X