Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blake Olsen's s13 Coupe Drift Build *Not as cool as my FC, but also with a v8* !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blake Olsen's s13 Coupe Drift Build *Not as cool as my FC, but also with a v8* !

Whats up guys, some of you may know me from my other build I have going on here: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=18371

Anyways, as that car is nearing completion to where I will be driving it soon, I figured it wouldnt be a bad idea to get another car to start practicing in so i can take full advantage of my fc3s right off the bat.

The idea was to buy a ready to run car that i could throw a cage in and start hitting the track with. This s13 seemed like a great deal, $7k for an ls1 swapped coupe with full suspension. Not the case at all.

Allow me to start from the beginning...

Since I started working a few months ago I've been saving nearly all my wage and tips, and had a hole burning in my pocket to spend it...

Flew up to Oakland airport

Ate at the Chiles in the airport waiting for the kid i bought the car from to pick us up. Black Nick came with..

As I'm sure youve been waiting for Pics of the car

Shortly after the first pic was taken the problems ensued. Lights began to flicker due to shitty wiring from the previous asshole that I bought the car from. It ended up burning the wiring out and losing headlights at 9:30 in the middle of nowhere. Drove nearly 20 miles without headlights till we found a hotel to crash in over night.

Woke up at 8 and got on the road quickly, and we were making good time for the first 30 minutes till this happened:

Hood outer skin separated from the inner frame and nearly flipped up into the windshield...

So i tore the skin from the frame and threw that shit out on the side of the road

Made it to a Napa in Wasco, Ca. and borrowed a crescent wrench to remove the inner frame, threw that out as well obviously..

Ate a burly hotdog at one of our many pitstops considering the car doesnt have a working gas gauge and the tank leaks

Made it home without anymore problems, and decided to get it up on stands to see what im working with more closely..And i was not happy with what i found whatsoever.

Lets start with the engine, who in their right mind would think that purple valve covers and intake manifold would look good??

I get to looking closer at the motor and see that it is painted black, not just dirty. It is an Iron block truck motor with LS heads..Im not even sure if its a 5.3 or 6.0. Fucking liar. I confronted him on this and naturally he said he didnt know even though he did the swap himself. Typical for a low-life douchebag.

It doesnt even run very well, but I suspect it still has the KA fuel pump,which would explain why its not fast. And his plumbing is just asinine.

Now that I was completely bummed i was desperate to find some goods in this piece of shit so i crawled under and began inspecting all the suspension

Up front I saw the nicely modified front subframe that is clearanced for the oil pan..

Front power brace, not super pretty but should get the job done and be plenty strong

The rack has also been relocated to help with ackerman and steering angle, not bad

Front LCA with a steering stop and the modded spindles..Car has decent angle, nothing like the fc tho

Front tension rods look like good quality, not sure why they were spray painted shitty orange...

About the nicest part under this car is the Daft Innovations transmission crossmember, actually really nice quality...

Motor mounts, could be worse...

Although the add said the car had PBM coils, I came to find out they are actually Stance gr+. I'm indifferent about this lol

You can also see the z32 brakes, painted yellow. I have no idea what this idiot was thinking with everything he touched on this car.

Rear suspension looks like it has Cusco RUCA's based on the color and some shitty toe rods

Terrible welds

For some reason the car has a whiteline rear swaybar but no front bar, probably explaining why it drove so funny over the 500mile trip..

Car has an s14 rear subframe that has no bushings, but instead solid steel welded in, i believe this is essentially a raised subframe, correct me if im wrong.

Now all the bads

First is how the exhaust is hung. A majority of it is suspended by this rubber strap. The previous owner was a real craftsman for sure.

This is the fuel line, literally touching the header. I'm lucky this car didnt burn up. Fucking idiot.

Here are his headlights brackets, top notch quality man, really spent some time on this thing!!!

Very straight cuts on the intake piping

He is also a very good electrician too, obviously.

He also cut a huge hole in the firewall for the harness to pass through, and guess what. He didnt mount it with anything

Now, before all hope is lost remember that none of my work lacks quality, and the same ethics will remain with this car as well. Not as much custom stuff, but I plan on making it very cool and clean, and streeting it parttime.

Some cars I will use for a model to build mine towards is Todd Waldons S13

And my buddy Ray's s13

Progress will start this week on the car, pretty much just fixing the previous dumbass owner's mistakes. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by RolledAndPulledG; 08-28-2013, 12:42 PM.
    Instagram: @B_OLSEN_
    1988 FC3s-LS3 track slut~in progress~
    1991 S13 Coupe-LS1 street beater
    2004 G35 Coupe track model-Work Wheels Static daily
    TUMBLR

Holy hell that's shoddy. But based on your other cars, it should be rad when done!

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

What the hell?! Didn't you at least inspect the car before handing him the seven stacks? I can't believe you guys made it back here in that hooptie.
      We lookin' for the girls with the big booty stance.

Comment

some peoples hands grow out their ass.
        i don't use a computer for music, Strictly HARDware, Cassettes, Vinyl, Samplers and Drum-Machines.

https://soundcloud.com/baphcat

Comment

cant wait to join the 13 coupe club and be brothers again.

Comment

Lots of questionable shit done to that car.

I'm sure it'll be nothing short of awesome by the time you're done with it.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

That guy definitely put some serious work in this car
              Best custom work I've seen (Rubberband job) haha

Don't tell me life is so short, what have you done that's longer?

Comment

Wow, that looks like my handy work around age 15. Nobody could tell me nothin.

But can't wait to see it finished, love coupes.

Comment

Subscribedddd

Comment

Buying someone else's problem is the worst man. But I'm confident in your abilities, this car will be saved! I can't believe the headlight mount. I've always seen Sil fronts and been like "Damn he's got some work in the car" that shit was a game changer haha.
                    The only thing lower than my standards is my truck.

Build thread!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                      Holy hell that's shoddy. But based on your other cars, it should be rad when done!
                      Hell yeah! haha

Originally posted by Unit01 View Post
                      What the hell?! Didn't you at least inspect the car before handing him the seven stacks? I can't believe you guys made it back here in that hooptie.
                      I did, but a majority of the stuff in the bay i couldnt see with the hood on and it was in a garage so not great lighting. Tbh it was about 5pm when i finally saw the car and had to get home the same night so i was anxious to get on the road.

Originally posted by FunkyWagon View Post
                      some peoples hands grow out their ass.
                      Couldnt have said it better myself lol

Originally posted by ContraNero View Post
                      cant wait to join the 13 coupe club and be brothers again.
                      ily man

Originally posted by andybob View Post
                      Lots of questionable shit done to that car.

I'm sure it'll be nothing short of awesome by the time you're done with it.
                      Shouldnt be too bad, its just exactly what i didnt want, but ill try my best to power through the shit

Originally posted by Tomahawk View Post
                      That guy definitely put some serious work in this car
                      Best custom work I've seen (Rubberband job) haha
                      Haha yeah, right?? I mean its definitely same quality as my Fc LOL

Originally posted by Skraight. View Post
                      Wow, that looks like my handy work around age 15. Nobody could tell me nothin.

But can't wait to see it finished, love coupes.
                      HAHAHAHA, what makes it worse is the kid was bragging he's had 17 240's. You think in that time he'd have learned something but guess not.

Originally posted by Apex Eight View Post
                      Subscribedddd
                      Thanks

Originally posted by Isuzupickup View Post
                      Buying someone else's problem is the worst man. But I'm confident in your abilities, this car will be saved! I can't believe the headlight mount. I've always seen Sil fronts and been like "Damn he's got some work in the car" that shit was a game changer haha.
                      Yeah, luckily i wanted to simplify a lot of it anyways, this is just more work than i bargained for lol. That and the interior switch panel were made by the same person based on sheet metal skill/patience (aka they have none)
                      Instagram: @B_OLSEN_
                      1988 FC3s-LS3 track slut~in progress~
                      1991 S13 Coupe-LS1 street beater
                      2004 G35 Coupe track model-Work Wheels Static daily
                      TUMBLR

Comment

good god, im in for this.

Comment

Man I am dealing with the same shit you are on my FC, electrical nightmare lol. Good luck building this thing up and I cant wait to see this and the FC done. I need to make a build of my FC to show how jacked up it is...

Comment

God damn, shit's fucked up.

No doubt you'll sort everything though !

Comment

re reading this sober... ugh. longer way to go than expected, but it will be awesome, I BERIEVEE IN YUUUU!

side note... i love rays car so much, plz make it that cool/cooler.

Comment

Working...
                              X