cb7 accord and other random shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cb7 accord and other random shit

I guess there is no better time than now to make a build thread since I've been battling cv axle issues.

First we'll start with a full mods list in no particular order

1. Function and Form Type 2 coilovers
    2. AutoStrada Modena 2 piece 16x7 and 16x8 wheels refinished white face with polish lip (Dunlop Dz101 195/50/16 all around)
    3. Apex stainless brake lines
    4. Energy Suspension
    - Upper control arm bushings
    - Lower control arm bushings
    - Lower strut bushings
    - Front and rear sway bar bushings
    - Ball joint and tie rod boots
    5. Ingalls front balljoint camber kit
    6. Eibach Rear camber arms
    7. Blackworks extended wheel studs
    8. Brand new front hubs and wheel bearings
    9. Remanufactured cv axles
    10. Remanufactured steering rack
    11. New inner and outer tie rods
    12. Nardi wood grain steering wheel with boss hub (turns out it's not so boss)
    13. Sprint suspension solid upper front strut tower bar
    14. Ebay rear strut tower bar
    15. Pioneer headunit with 2 rockford fosgate 12's on a 500watt amp Pioneer 6in in the doors, 6x9 in the rear deck and tweeters in the doors.
    16. Jdm CB accord sidemarkers
    17. CD accord rear sidemarkers
    18. OEM CB 4 door trunk lid and tail lights with spoiler
    19. Acura Legend Coupe lip
    20. DIY blackhoused headlights with yellow high beams.
    -blackhoused corner lights and bumper lights
    21. Ebay window visors
    22. Muteki extended lug nuts
    23. 55watt 6k hid low beams
    24. 35watt 3k hid high beams
    25. Oem Prelude shifter (shorter throw and height)

I got the car in november of last year for the low low price of free. It wouldn't start, needed a clutch, and needed to be towed. After pulling it to my house I found the no start issue to be the ignition wiring. After running a new wire it started and ran fine, but was missing a brake caliper. Someone had a self tapping screw threaded into the brake line so it didn't leak. Lucky for me theres hundreds of these in junkyards so a caliper and bracket was easy to find.

It was a roach motel, 4 bug foggers took care of that.

After cleaning everything pretty good I started dailying it stock for a little while. Here and there I did small things like repainting all the mouldings and blackhousing all the lights. Found a few legend coupe front lips in the junkyard which fit perfect so I have a stock on those now. Also swapped in my nardi steering wheel from my toyota.

Then I got out of my shitty job at jiffy lube and into a spot at the toyota dealer. Lot's of stuff started coming in.

Then I strarted to try to get as low as possible while still being able to drive it where I needed to. I wanted a good ride with minimal scrubbing as well. So lots of fender "massaging" and even some cutting took care of things pretty well.

Rear bumper lights from cd accords. Also my dogs ass

This is where it started at height wise.

Then came the camber kits, lots of polyurethane, new hubs with extended wheel studs and wheels.

The wheels were pretty beat when I got them. But I got them from a friend who offered me an unbeatable deal so I got them anyway. They are 2 piece Autostrada Modena's. Mostly I've seen them on vw's but havent seen many in general.

Decided I wanted the faces white. So I took them apart and painted the faces. Gave the lips a good scrub and buff too but I didn't sand them or anything. May go back and do it later on but i'm happy with them for now.

During that process I picked up some lugs and the extended studs

Also a damn rock hit my windshield on the highway

Before the clear

These are finished

running 195/50/16 tires all around

Now I'm at the hubs, wheel bearings, axles, and lower control arm bushings.

I **** using the press

I've been having a bad vibration issue after doing the hubs and axles. I found that BOTH my brand new axles had fallen apart in less than 200 miles. The driverside was an easy replace but the passenger side took me 3 days to get out. When I finally got it out of the transmission today the only damage I can see on the end is the marks on the smooth part under the spline

I'm guessing it wasn't getting oiled properly and tried to fuse itself to the differential. I'll update this after further inspection.
    Last edited by LethalEthan; 11-09-2012, 03:04 PM.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Car looks good. I hope you plan on painting it back that same green!

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
    Originally posted by nickskater09
    I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

Once i saw the pic of you cutting under the hood I was like shit just got real!! Lol its lookin good man, diggin the wheels you cleaned them up good!
      Slow and Low that is the Tempo
      civic build thread-http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41628

Comment

Thanks guys! If I do repaint the car it will still be green, but a different green.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

So proud. Good work.

Comment

Looks really good.
            I like it.

Comment

This some good shit. I vote a deep dark green!

Comment

Thanks everyone! I got the passenger side axle in today and all bad vibes are gone. Seem's the issue has been resolved. I'm gonna clean it up a bit and ill have some new pics to put up tonight.

On the paint, if it does get the bodywork done and painted it will be arcadia green. An oem color close to mine but a little darker. like so

Last edited by LethalEthan; 10-19-2012, 04:46 PM.

Comment

for some reason never was a huge honda fan but cb7's just do it for me rad car man.
                  Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                  and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                  S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

This what i like to see homie great progress..Didnt notice you had EDM Headlights either. Fresh

So you Fancy Huh!!

Comment

Looks good. Never really seen this body style accord slammed that much

Comment

nice work man! i like you went with the F&F type 2.. thats what i had on my wag.. What area are you in>

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Me likey!!! I went with type 2's on my sedan also.
                          My build a 92 accord.(ff type 2's,f20b,volks etc.)"click me!!!"
                          My E36 build (click me!!!!) #nolackinhomie
                          Slammed S T A T I C 75 240d Benz 5.0 V8(click me!!1111!!!!)
                          LSx 92 s10 build(click here for a good time)
                          follow me on Instagram @e36_tracie

Comment

I love the way the type 2's ride. Super comfortable for how low you can get. Wish the rears would go a little lower. I've been thinking about taking them apart and removing one of the rings but haven't looked at it yet. I'm in Savannah GA

Comment

On my front I took out a collar and the back has a long way to go I may drop the car some more but Im running 15x8 +0 with no camber kits so it rubs but well see what happens.
                              My build a 92 accord.(ff type 2's,f20b,volks etc.)"click me!!!"
                              My E36 build (click me!!!!) #nolackinhomie
                              Slammed S T A T I C 75 240d Benz 5.0 V8(click me!!1111!!!!)
                              LSx 92 s10 build(click here for a good time)
                              follow me on Instagram @e36_tracie

Comment

Working...
                              X