My E36 build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My E36 build.

A quick run down on my 1992 318is coupe....

I've had the car for a while and have done a fare bit to it. This was just after I bought it.

Done a few things to it to get through the mot (a week after I bought it )

/\ The gloomy workshop in the middle of the night, only time I get to use it.

Doing the brake pipes. Not as difficult as I expected tbh.

Next up were some legal(ish) pressed plates and some surrounds which I think are a major improvement on the standard jobbies. Also I painted my fogs and main beam lenses yellow, also de-lensed the dipped beams.

Fitted some Hids, £45 bargain!

Along with some projector shrouds. They look good as well as stop you from blinding other road users.

At this point I hit two pheasants in two days taking out both of my lovely yellow fogs... I stuck some mesh made from an old lorry airfilter in the holes as a temparary fix and quite liked the look, so painted them up and fixed them on properly.

Fitted grooved and drilled discs and new pads front and rear..

Changed the timing chain tensioner. No more rattle!

Tunning art coilovers bought and fitted..

Also fitted a Ramair induction kit to replace the k&n that was past it's best, had to cut about my gunner heatshield cos it wouldn't fit with the kit..

Here's some pics of the car

Cybox exhaust fitted. £180, cheap!

A few pics of how it was. Slightly lower with 205/40's on the acs wheels

Used some scuffmaster dye on the interior and steering wheel (it's dirty again now though..:frown)

How it sat on some spaced out BBS RC041's

Some pics from a meet in Lynn. Now on e36 contours

E34 Rondell contours..

These are on now. I'll stick some pics up in a minute!

This is my current mission. The rear arches...:help This is what I done a couple of weeks ago..

Before:

During:

After:

Wasn't happy though and have started spraying the whole panel (from the rubstrip to the line in the bodywork). I've stuck a couple of layers of paint on but need to flat it down a lacquer it. It does look darker than the rest, hopefully it'll look ok...
    Last edited by Disco Stu; 05-06-2012, 03:45 PM.

My E36 build thread

Some recent pics.

You can see the colour difference in this last pic on the rear quarter. Hopefully I can make it look decent again if not then off to the bodyshop it is! It needs two dents removing from below the rear quarter window too thanks to some c*nt.. The paint isn't damaged so hoping to ge to a paintless dent remover to get them done.

I just wish I hadn't gone and bought a brand new scorpion exhaust for £££ because that would have paid for the work..nevermind huh? :sarcastic

My E36 build thread

Comment

Righty, the shite weather stopped me from doing any wet sanding/spraying (again..). So I got the Scorpion fitted..

Also upped the spacers to 30mm and fitted some 2.5mm washers for some extra camber on the front. I thought it looked odd with more camber on the back than the front. Got some half decent pics on my camera as apposed to the crap camera on my blueberry! Anyway, pic whoring time!

My E36 build thread

Comment

Picked up a spoilerless boot from a local meet. I've sanded it down and applied a couple of coats of primer this afternoon in the workshop (shed with heater and shut door..).

I need to sand down one side more as it's not completely flat. A start's a start though..

Half sanded

In the booth

Couple of thin coats of primer

A pic (stolen pic...) from the meet

My E36 build thread

Comment

I've put normal 501's in the sidelights and am going to remove the halo's (when I can arsed :hihi), I just don't like the look of them anymore. HIDs are out too with some Osram halogens in their place. Just looks more period with standard lights I think.

I also replaced my knackered old plates with some fresh pressed (legal) jobbies. No pics on the car cos it's raining and I don't want to get wet!! :embarrassed

Old plates

New

My E36 build thread

Comment

What a fecking nightmare of a day... Went to fit the rear bearing today as I had the hangover from hell yesterday and couldn't move let alone bugger about with cars.. :sarcastic
            I had to do it today even though there's a force 8 gale and it's been pissing down non-stop. I was going to do a guide but stopped taking photos because I was that fed up... Everything went ok apart from getting the old bearing out, it took about half an hour to move it 2mm using threaded bar/washers/bolts and no matter what I done it would not budge anymore!

In the end brute force won the day with a sledge hammer and a fat socket used to get the bearing out..

Bolting the arb back on was slightly tedious too! To top it all off, once I'd done I realised I'd not put the spigot ring on when replacing the wheel. I used the BMW jack which bent like a banana and the car came crashing to the ground. Joy.

Here's some crappy pics for your enjoyment! :hihi

My E36 build thread

Comment

Hello!

Spent an hour of today winding my front coils down slightly (no mean feat as one was siezed solid) and spaced the fronts out more. et8 on the front now and no room to faff about anymore! Also changed the "running lights" bulbs for amber ones to dim them down a bit and am running standard sidelights but need to remove the halos from the lights at some point. Lots of pics...

My E36 build thread

Comment

Nice build man, I <3 E36

Comment

stanetastic!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stance is a Dance. View Post
                    Nice build man, I <3 E36
                    Originally posted by Bystrov View Post
                    stanetastic!!!!!!
                    cheers guys

My E36 build thread

Comment

Very nice build! Makes me wanna keep mine lol

Comment

I think it's better with the yellow headlights

greetings!
                        IG: @bkwarros

Comment

Originally posted by BennyJr View Post
                          Very nice build! Makes me wanna keep mine lol
                          Thanks bud...Keep it then!!

Originally posted by Bkwarros View Post
                          I think it's better with the yellow headlights

greetings!
                          I think it'll look there's too much going on with yellow lenses along with the ambers. I did have 3000k hids at one point, they looked but I couldn't see f*ck all when it was dark...

My E36 build thread

Comment

Great work so far, its coming along well!

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                              Great work so far, its coming along well!
                              Thanks bud

Just waiting for warmer weather here to finish off the rear arches/spray the boot. Might bring the back down slightly then that'll be it for lowness, the roads are proper shit where I live..

My E36 build thread

Comment

Working...
                              X