• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking great man. Nice garage as well. Also love the wheels
    Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• Great build =)

Comment

• Amazed at how there's not a spec of rust on that floor!

Comment

• Thanks again!

Originally posted by Minuki View Post
          Amazed at how there's not a spec of rust on that floor!
          Your not the only one!!!

Spent half the day scrubbing the floor, guards etc. Came up so much cleaner than I ever expected.

I originally planned to spray the underneath whilst apart with black underbody spray. But now i'm stuck on whether to stay original or not. Or maybe just paint the inner guards black.

Opinions everyone?

Comment

• Paint black or leave original?

Comment

• If there are no holes or signs of surface rust, I would leave it. Otherwise I would use a wire wheel and remove all of it from the underside and then reapply new undercoat.
              95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• leave original
                Lucas
                Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                Originally posted by LCG
                High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• Ok!

Comment

• Seriously one of my favorite builds. I love how clean you make everything , i highly recommend getting a high pressure steamer. Works wonders! looking forward to updates
                    Instagram - Bavarian_Steel
                    My E28 Build

Comment

• Been off from work this week after having wisdom teeth removed in hospital, perfect timing to work on the car!

I have saved up most of the updates for the rear suspension, so here it is:

Powerflex rear subframe bushes, new wheel bearings and control arm bushes

Getting the old control arm bushes out was way harder than it should be, sucks they don't fit in your average press. I ended up resorting to lots of fire and a cold chisel. Hours later they were out.

I was lucky to score some genuine offset control arm bushes on ebay for cheap from the motherland. Turns out the offset isn't as much as I expected, only 4.5mm. I pressed them into the camber side of the control arms to gain additional camber, as minor as it will be.

Getting the new bushes in was a challenge as well, stripped the guts out of works vice and multiple other tools. Got them in eventually though!

Pressed out the stub axels, pressed out old bearings and put the new bearings in. Then primed each arm.

Went to put the nuts on the back of the stub axels and the thread wouldn't start. Tried to fix it with a thread file, no love. I should have know better than using a hammer...

Soooo another two bearings ordered for my mistake and all is well.

Decided to trim the brake dust shields as well, they made getting the wheels onto the hub when it tucks tyre harder than it should be.

Next update tomorrow night!
                      Last edited by epearce; 10-24-2014, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 12vsex View Post
                        Seriously one of my favorite builds. I love how clean you make everything , i highly recommend getting a high pressure steamer. Works wonders! looking forward to updates
                        Thank you, i don't like getting my hands dirty Cleaning will make the future easier haha.

I do have a pressure cleaner, should get it out more!

Nice e28 your building as well, i like what your doing!

Comment

• Underneath this car is mint btw garage looks pretty clean aswell

Comment

• Looks like your getting there dude, got those rims peiced together yet?

Comment

• I love how clean this build is. Now I want to rebuild my M117 engine on the Benz...
                              The Oldschoolers: https://www.facebook.com/TheOldschoolersAD/

Instagram: @TheOldschoolers

#MrBenz's Audi B5 project

#MrBenz's Audi 100LS 1976

Comment

• Originally posted by epearce View Post
                                Thank you, i don't like getting my hands dirty Cleaning will make the future easier haha.

I do have a pressure cleaner, should get it out more!

Nice e28 your building as well, i like what your doing!
                                Exactly why I keep stuff clean! Its nice working on a clean car .
                                Instagram - Bavarian_Steel
                                My E28 Build

Comment

Working...
                                X