No announcement yet.

Scott's E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had a good wee parts haul recently.

I found someone local selling an original, un-used OEM fire extinguisher with it's holder. I got that the other night and a lucky find in a scrapyard today meant I also had the under seat bracket for it too.

I also found some rare, MHW clear lights. They arrived from Germany yesterday. I think they look pretty cool, I'm undecided if they are too "scene" or not and if they fit with the OEM+ theme of the car. I think I'll rock em for a little bit though.

The rear of the car is in the air because I am currently working on the rear brakes and camber arms. I think progress will be slow this month as I have to save a little money, however I would really like to have the car back driving next month for my birthday, but we shall see how I get on.

Comment

• I've been patiently waiting for this thread!

You guys are making me want an E36 so much more!
      Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

• Digging the clear tails they give a sort of "90s modern" vibe. The fire extinguisher is a cool touch too, sometimes it's the little things haha

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
        "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
        SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• Been following these cars for years now, always loved the clean simple style. The clears I think are a nice touch but I am a bit biased.

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

• Those rear lights shouldn't work, but they do.
            Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
            Internet high five for you.

Comment

• i think the clears work well because the car is silver and goes with the rest of the car.

keep them on, only a 10 minute job to swap the reds back over. i like.
              Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
                i think the clears work well because the car is silver and goes with the rest of the car.

I second this

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• I'm utterly in love with those tails on your car, man.

They look fabulous on a silver Touring.

Next step, it needs some proper 90ies tuner wheels

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• those tails look great on your car; way better than I would have expected

Comment

• Big fan of the lights! Shame they don't do anything similar for the E46

Comment

• So, do you have two?
                        My Instagram feed.
                        My Flickr stream.
                        My bagged B5 build thread.

Classic Joyce Photo

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
                          I've been patiently waiting for this thread!

You guys are making me want an E36 so much more!
                          Originally posted by 19birel View Post
                          Digging the clear tails they give a sort of "90s modern" vibe. The fire extinguisher is a cool touch too, sometimes it's the little things haha
                          Thanks guys. Yeah the fire extinguisher is definitely one of my favorite parts I've fitted recently. It's just so cool!

Originally posted by fackinsteve View Post
                          Been following these cars for years now, always loved the clean simple style. The clears I think are a nice touch but I am a bit biased.
                          Originally posted by nellydragracer View Post
                          Those rear lights shouldn't work, but they do.
                          Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
                          i think the clears work well because the car is silver and goes with the rest of the car.

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                          I second this
                          Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                          I'm utterly in love with those tails on your car, man.

They look fabulous on a silver Touring.

Next step, it needs some proper 90ies tuner wheels
                          Originally posted by TheTynosaur View Post
                          those tails look great on your car; way better than I would have expected
                          Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                          Big fan of the lights! Shame they don't do anything similar for the E46
                          Thanks very much guys! I'm still a little on the fence about the lights, I'll probably rock them for a bit, but I think I'll like them more when it's back on the ground with the wheels on it. I guess I'm just not used to the rear looking any different.

Originally posted by alexandermjoyce View Post
                          So, do you have two?
                          Yes, I have two. The red Touring is my daily and the silver one is my fun, summer car.

Comment

• Made some good progress on the Touring over the last week or so.

Finally the camber arms that I've had sitting for a year. Always put them off as people have said it's a right bastard of a job, but it honestly wasn't that hard. Worst part was removing the ARB to get to the diff bolts as the nuts were crusty as fuck. Glad that's off though, as the bushes are knackered. I've been reading that a 19mm M3 ARB is a nice OEM upgrade compared to the standard 15mm ARB, so I'll find one of those and pop it back on with new bushes.

The reason I had to drop the ARB was so I could get to the rear diff bolts. The inner bolt for the lower arm is pretty long, so when you loosen it, it it's the driveshaft and you can't get it out. Also, don't worry about the state of my subframe, it's horrible. But I think I'll be building one up over summer with new bushes etc

But, if you leaver the rear of the diff with a screwdriver or spanner, you gain enough wiggle room to get it out.

Easy enough to put back together! Last job today was to fit some new rear pads. These are a good performing, low dust pad, which should help keep the wheels a little cleaner. Any recommendations for a low dust front pad?

I also chucked the clear MHW's on the red car for a look. I need to get this car painted so badly.

Comment

• Akebono Euro Ceramic pads are a great option for the front. I have them on my E60 and love them, super low dust; I'll probably pick up a set for the rear before I put the new wheels on.

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                              "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                              SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by 19birel View Post
                                Akebono Euro Ceramic pads are a great option for the front. I have them on my E60 and love them, super low dust; I'll probably pick up a set for the rear before I put the new wheels on.
                                Thanks man, I'll look into those for the front!

Comment

Working...
                                X