• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DinanDave View Post
    Looking good bud!
    Cheers man!!

Originally posted by cblock406 View Post
    Haha yup, way cleaner without the sticker bomb!
    I done it just for you.

Originally posted by GrantLDN View Post
    Looking good Ben whats happening with paint? See that bonnet looks faded
    Not sure just happened over time, it is getting full paint at some point between now and May next year. I am going to finish the mechanicals on it first, then i am going to move onto interior and then once all thats done i am going to get it painted. I was going to get it painted very soon but i decided to do it last so i don't accidentally hit or mark the paint whilst we are still working on bits or ironing out some issues from all the work thats been done as no doubt there will be some.
    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

I guess that makes sense! Followed you on insta on my new page
      Www.GrantMcDonnell.Com
      @WeAreCerti

Comment

Thank you guys, i am going to put this away for a little while. the car still isn't starting and having a few other issues. i have not given up on this project at all. I am getting married in May and then going to the states for 90 days so i have other things i need to focus on.

I also have another car project on the way which some of you do know of some of you don't but when i have updates on that i will share them with you.

Untitled by ben walsh, on Flickr

Over for now but i will be back, hopefully with photos of this NOT on my driveway.
        Last edited by Benwalsh91; 09-27-2017, 03:17 AM.
        Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Sad to see it will sit, but at least its protected. Sounds like a cool trip planned.
          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

always thought that the standard oil caps looked cheap so i done a thing and made these up, i will be making a batch of them to sell along with petrol/diesel filler caps and some other little bits and pieces.

This is just the v1 prototype, i am going to have them finished in either polished and/or anodised black.
            Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Bro this is sick!!! That definitely looks a lot more pleasant than a standard oil cap and the quality of the detailing is also very nice,

I think a lot of people would definitely be interested in that man!
              Last edited by Low District; 10-07-2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

So not a lot has truly happened I am just doing the usual winter thing and collecting parts.

I am waiting for Khalid to send me his old cup holder, as you know they were not available to us here in the UK

I also went ahead and purchased an RTD shifter. these pictures are for reference, mine are going to take 4-6 weeks to turn up waiting sucks!!

Now I did want the all anodised black but there anodising plant is down at the moment so I am getting it all in raw metal, if I decide to I can get it anodised at a local place to me.

I am also wondering how this would look with a stormmotorwerks handbrake handle in raw metal.
                Last edited by Benwalsh91; 11-07-2017, 06:24 AM.
                Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Shifter is going to be awesome, that will be one of my next "big" purchases if I can ever pick which one I want. I think IRP will be what I go with however.
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

That shifter is too cool man, it's gonna look and probably feel amazing

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                    "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                    SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

So i have taken the equips off the car and put her back up onto jack stands.

Ive been looking for some 17s to put the car back on the floor with.

I have never seen them before. they don't have any manufacture marks on them but there is stamped "made in italy". they remind me of a retro version of the concaved rotifer INDs. if i was to use these the plan is to get them painted in a nice clean silver and get rid of that hideous black.
                      Last edited by Benwalsh91; 11-07-2017, 06:25 AM.
                      Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Can't help naming them, but 2nd set should look really good on black.
                        1995 E36 Chaos Coupe
                        2000 E46 Touring
                        2006 E46 Coupe
                        2006 E46 ZHP Convertible

Comment

What are the specs of the concaved set?

Comment

in 4 updates

Comment

First brand that comes to mind when I hear about wheels made in italy is 1000Miglia. I feel like those would look pretty sweet on the E36 once they're nice and uniformly silver

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                              "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                              SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Sorry, not much to report at the moment guys I am just hunting and collecting parts through winter really as the weather has now turned and it gets dark stupid early and its just constantly wet, cold and miserable here.

I have started on the wheels and done them in silver, so much better than the black and shows the detail/concave a lot more.

I have also cleaned up some of the interior, it wasn't ripped at all but there was some wear marks.

Before:

After:

Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Working...
                                X