Bagged Benz w108 w/ BMW M50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bagged Benz w108 w/ BMW M50

Hi all, been lurking on here for a couple months, felt this is the place where I would feel welcomed. Just wanted to introduce myself and my baby...

New owner of a 1968 mercedes Benz w108 250s. Had this car for 2 months now. The car came with a bmw m50 motor swap from a 92 e34 525i and and bagged with accuair e-level air management. This car was previously owned by Riley from the brown recluse garage.

These are the two pictures that made me fall in love with the car.

Purchased a set of 16x8/9 staggered set of lorinser Lo. Not in perfect condition but good enough to wrap them in Dunlop direzza 195/50 and 205/50. Eventually when I redo the whole car I'll send these in to get re-dipped in chrome to have them perfect.

Installed BMI carbon fiber valve cover, polished aluminum oil filter housing cap, and carbon fiber Kamotors CAI

Unfortunately my dumbass wasn't careful or paying attentions and backed up into the front fender of the Benz with my other car in my driveway.

Don't get me started... Still mad at myself and it's the reason why I'm not driving the car cause the fender is in the shop getting fixed. This is how she sits for now. (I actually dig the look, and would drive it as is if I wasn't missing a headlight)

Since I'm not driving the car I decided I would install my soundsystem bought top of the line hertz speakers two 4" up front and two 6.5" in the rear with a jl slash 300/4 amp. Running a 12" jl w1 sub in a sealed box with a crappy crunch amp but plan on replacing with a better amp and smaller sub that hits harder. Powered by a pioneer avh-x7700 flip out DVD head unit.

The hardest part I had was installing the two 4" speakers on the dash. Replaced the old odd shaped oval speaker with the two 4" speakers. Has to cut and custom make my own bracket to make them fit under the oem grill. Happy with the outcome.

Also 3 of the 4 powered windows weren't working, so I took them apart and flipped the worn gears and fixed the broken rubber shaft (common problems for w108) now have 3 of 4 windows working. Eventually all of the regulators/motor will come back out when I get new gears lasered cut.

So far those are the major things I've gotten done since two months of ownership.
    Last edited by Filnguyen; 08-28-2015, 08:15 PM.

Hot damn, those wheels dough! M50 swap is fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by lamsv View Post
      Hot damn, those wheels dough! M50 swap is fantastic.
      Thanks! Love love love how the wheels goes with the car. Yeah the m50 isn't something crazy to brag about but for sure has more horsepower then the stock 130hp motor. And it's solid and reliable! My previous car was a e34 with a m50, so I'm a bit familiar with it! Haha

Comment

Fantastic, i've had similar idea for some time altho all monies and time has gone into current project..

Nice to see those M50 made good use out of em!
        Project car: MB 190E M50 Turbo build
        Now: MB W211 320cdi
        Ex:MB 190E M50, BMW E39 530d

Comment

OMG those wheels are so awesome. Simple but aggressive. Really came out nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Exami View Post
            Fantastic, i've had similar idea for some time altho all monies and time has gone into current project..

Thanks, yeah I'm loving the car cause it's my daily knowing that I have a reliable motor under the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by Exami View Post

Originally posted by ImAcracker View Post
              OMG those wheels are so awesome. Simple but aggressive. Really came out nice.
              Yes I couldn't agree with you more. Got lucky and found myself a rare set of lorinser Lo... And it find them in a staggered set is a bonus. 16x8 in the front +22 I believe with 1" lip and 16x9 in the rear +10 or 11 with 3" lip. 7mm spacers all around. The rear needed it. Side I was slightly rubbing the inside wall. The fronts didn't bit I want it to be
              More flush to the outside fender.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I haven't on here for a minute..... here is what my car looks nice now, a lot changed since I last posted a photo. If people are interested I'll keep updating this thread more frequently.

Comment

Yes! very nice. I also follow you on IG. great looking car man! keep up the nice work
                    GOD ONLY LOVES YOU
                    WHEN YOUR CAR IS LOW AS FCK!

Project page:
                    "1971 W114 230.6"

Future BagRider

Comment

Originally posted by JHermes View Post
                      Yes! very nice. I also follow you on IG. great looking car man! keep up the nice work
                      Thank you! I still have a long way to go.

Comment

Same here man, I follow you on IG, badass car
                        Check out my Alfa restoration here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8l...7WzTiNj8Xy6C4A

Comment

Nice car, I like those wheels, never seen a set before.
                          But I don't like the new exhaust

Comment

Went a little bit to far with the exhaust imho. But I'm digging the rest!
                            Lucas
                            Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                            Originally posted by LCG
                            High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

I love this.
                              MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Working...
                              X