2015 Passat - Bagged Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Passat - Bagged Project

New to air suspension also my first build. So comments and suggestion welcome! Purchased a two month old Airlift Performance suspension from a Vortex member just pick it up two days ago. Really pleased with the purchase it's just like new without the new price. LOL

Platinum Gray 2015 Passat

Used AirLift Suspension

Started on the build today, cut and assembled raised platform

Mocked up the air tank and compressor

Used four 3/8"-16 T-nuts to mount the air tank to the platform

Mounted the compressor to raised platform used acorn nuts for finishing touch

Fit tested in the trunk

2015 Passat TDI Highline -Bag Build, 2005 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 19x9 ET41, Minerva 225/35/19, Air Lift Performance Series, V2 Air Management, OEM Sport Pedals.
    www.eurokracy.com
    www.airsociety.net

Getting a piece of aluminum cut and bent to mount air management ECU and other components, mount the tank drain solenoid and bulkhead, carpet the raised platform. Tuesday getting the air tank hydrographic and clear coated.

May 25-15

More progress today, installed trunk carpet on the raised platform, installed the tank drain solenoid

Stripped the split loom of the harness and installed flex loom, secured the compressor relay, installed terminal strip

Fabricated and installed grommet plate for main harness

Fabricated and installed grommet plate for compressor

Fabricated and installed the bulkhead plate these are to exit the raised platform and routed to the bags. They'll be another set of bulkhead on the top side for airline from the ECU to the upper bulkheads. Aluminum plate for mounting the ECU is being fabricated and bent today.

2015 Passat TDI Highline -Bag Build, 2005 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 19x9 ET41, Minerva 225/35/19, Air Lift Performance Series, V2 Air Management, OEM Sport Pedals.
    www.eurokracy.com
    www.airsociety.net

Comment

May 26th-15

Not much done today was in Ottawa, got some prices from the TSW Mirabeau wheels. It's not happening if I want to stay married! Mmmm let think about this :thinking: LOL. I'm not spending 4,000.00 for wheels and tires, so back to the drawing board. Tonight I found Bentley Flying Spurs freshly refinished with two new centre caps and two week old tires. Off too see them tomorrow night.

May 28th- 15

A bit of progress today got the two pieces from sheet metal shop late today so got as much done until mosquitos started eating me alive. Got the ECU and pressure gauge mounted and the bulkheads drilled and installed (short two bulkheads). Aluminum still needs so squaring up and once it's all mocked up it will be polished and cleared.

The S.S. piece at the rear is going to be the hose and harness cover once mount in the trunk

These are the wheels I picked up last night

The fitment looks like it's going to work out if anything small wheel spacers.

This shot good for a laugh stick her in 4x4 LOL! Wheel look lost in the wheel wells at stock height!

Not much accomplished today, was back in Montreal to pick up the OEM body skirts. Don't have any pictures, had to get them to the body shop before they closed. Air tank is suppose to be ready on Monday, my son picking it up so I'll post some photo's when he sends them to me. All I got done today was ran the hard lines from ECU to bulkheads was hoping to pick the missing two at Strasse Autowerks where I picked up the skirts but they were out of them

May 30th-15

Finished up what I could this morning, extended the ECU plug, fabricated power harness that will feed 12v. I need for VW Emblem,pressure gauge, drain solenoid three separate 3A circuits. Fabricated the grommet plates for 12v. harness and drain solenoid wire.

Fit tested the assembly in the trunk again

Will need to trim the hose and harness cover it's bit tight.

Well off to work tomorrow for the next six weeks, can't wait to come back and wrap this up

Received pictures from Brandon at Sketchs Ink in Ottawa of my BOA snake skin air tank, I think it look awesome.

www.eurokracy.com
      www.airsociety.net

Comment

Well been a change in my work schedule will be coming home on Thursday so can't wait to get back to the installation. I've also found a two month old Viair dual 480C compressor for cheap, be upgrading from a single 380C to dual 480C's.

www.eurokracy.com
        www.airsociety.net

Comment

June 21st 2105

Some progress from the last two days, got the aluminum ECU support bracket polished, switches mounted and wired. Got my first up close look at the air tank since it returned from http://www.sketchsink.com/ in Ottawa, Ontario, I highly recommend them really satisfied with the workmanship and result. Sorry still have the painter tape installed until I'm completely finished the installation.

Three LED switches are for: LED VW emblem, Drain Valve, Pressure gauge. Fabricated the additional harness for the second compressor.

Fabricated and installed a support leg for the ECU bracket.

Used Airsociety logo to hide the support leg screw

Installed water traps, dual 480C are shipped and should be here mid week. Installed air line to pressure gauge. I'm going to hardline that connection later, trying to complete the installation for next weekend Eurokracy in Mirabel, Quebec.

www.eurokracy.com
          www.airsociety.net

Comment

June 22 2015

Completed all of the wiring for second compressor. Plugged all of the outlets and pressure tested for leaks. Powered up the ECU and switches.

Finished plumbing the bulkhead to air tanks lines.

Decided to complete the hardline to the pressure gauge.

Tomorrow is remove interior, run wires and air line to the front and into the engine bay. Wednesday will be installing the bags and completing the plumbing, leak test and setup ECU.
            www.eurokracy.com
            www.airsociety.net

Comment

Routed the front airline and wiring harness through the inside of the car.

Rear airline bulkheads are next, route harness and air line into engine bay. tie in electrical. Hoping to install air bagged, connect and leak test.
              www.eurokracy.com
              www.airsociety.net

Comment

At 2:00 am last night got the air suspension in and tested. Heading to Eurokracy in Mirabel, Quebec tomorrow with my son.

Changed out the 380C compressor for dual 480C's, finally removed the tape on the air tank.

www.eurokracy.com
                www.airsociety.net

Comment

Cool build! Nice to see someone do the bag install and work themselves.

Not a huge fan of the Bentley wheels but the fitment is pretty sweet
                  Current Car: 04 Ford Focus SVT

Founder of CleanCarCulture!
                  www.CleanCarCulture.com

Www.facebook.com/CleanCarCulture

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

Nicely done.
                    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                    2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                      Nicely done.
                      Originally posted by Whiskerz View Post
                      Cool build! Nice to see someone do the bag install and work themselves.

Not a huge fan of the Bentley wheels but the fitment is pretty sweet
                      Thanks guys greatly appreciated!
                      www.eurokracy.com
                      www.airsociety.net

Comment

Nice! I prefer the USDM rear to the EUDM rear.
                        SAAB 900 T16s

Comment

Originally posted by reiernumans View Post
                          Nice! I prefer the USDM rear to the EUDM rear.
                          Thanks, how ironic I like the lines and look of the Euro Passat better than the North American model.
                          www.eurokracy.com
                          www.airsociety.net

Comment

very nicely done. I like your almost OCD / high end audio style for the trunk setup. Always appreciate people who are as meticulous as this.
                            @DollaDollaDill

Comment

Originally posted by Dwob View Post
                              very nicely done. I like your almost OCD / high end audio style for the trunk setup. Always appreciate people who are as meticulous as this.
                              Thanks for the kind words
                              www.eurokracy.com
                              www.airsociety.net

Comment

Working...
                              X