Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1977 BMW 320i Build

Hello Stance|Works,

The snow up here in CT is slowly melting, the project car in the shop has been shipped away , and a cell opened up for the first of the BMW’s to enter.

A recap: I ran across this car weeks before H2Oi ’14 and I couldn't let such an opportunity pass for another project. I had bought from HumptyDumped on the forum in mid September.

It’s a 1977 BMW 320i with an S50 swap and Getrag 260 transmission and a 3.91 differential. All done by a previous owner of the car; I will say is this car will put a manic grin on your face overtime you get behind the wheel.

I made the trek to H2Oi in the E21 and had no problems down, and a little radiator leak on the way back… I was impressed to say the least.

Some pictures of the car for your viewing; it’s a little rough around the edges but hey it comes with the age.

Roller by my friend Neto from H2Oi. Neato Photography

The first step I took was to buy wheels. So what better way to build a classic BMW than to put it on some gorgeous BBS RS001's? I bought this beautiful set built by 1badg35 and I am beyond excited to see how this plays out!

BMW E21 | BBS RS001BMW E21 | BBS RS001

BMW E21 | BBS RS001 BMW E21 | BBS RS001

BBS RS001 | Rettenmeier
    Last edited by Simply Classy; 04-05-2015, 08:52 PM.
    1975 BMW 2002 : : 1977 BMW 320i : : 1983 BMW 320i

car looks awesome and well maintained/rebuilt, lots of potential here! Great project, can't wait to see what's next !

Comment

very nice, look forward to seeing more
      S50

Comment

A S50 in an e21. That's gotta be fun.
        IG: ossiep

Comment

Holy smokes this is cool.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Gah the wheels!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzit View Post
              A S50 in an e21. That's gotta be fun.
              It's definitely one of a kind. Fun is an understatement!

Originally posted by oprahhwinfreyy View Post
              Gah the wheels!!
              Haha they will definitely tie the car together. Photos do not do justice for them either!

Originally posted by philippeoliviergiguere View Post
              car looks awesome and well maintained/rebuilt, lots of potential here! Great project, can't wait to see what's next !
              Originally posted by ///e36 View Post
              very nice, look forward to seeing more
              Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
              Holy smokes this is cool.
              Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Not much of an update, because nothing spectacular has been done to the car, just fixed the two little radiator leaks due to holes from rubbing during the trip to H2Oi. Reran some of the tubing as well to get the system pressurized and now the car runs very cool!

Getting insured in the next couple of days and it'll be going to UConn's Spring Car Show next weekend.

Some throwbacks to H2Oi. Photos by Neato Photography

Neto Photography | H2Oi, OCMD

Neto Photography | H2Oi, OCMD
              Last edited by Simply Classy; 04-05-2015, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Classy View Post
                Hello Stance|Works,

The snow up here in CT is slowly melting, the project car in the shop has been shipped away , and a cell opened up for the first of the BMW’s to enter.

A recap: I ran across this car weeks before H2Oi ’14 and I couldn't let such an opportunity pass for another project. I had bought from HumptyDumped on the forum in mid September.

It’s a 1977 BMW 320i with an S50 swap and Getrag 260 transmission and a 3.91 differential. All done by a previous owner of the car; I will say is this car will put a manic grin on your face overtime you get behind the wheel.

I made the trek to H2Oi in the E21 and had no problems down, and a little radiator leak on the way back… I was impressed to say the least.

Some pictures of the car for your viewing; it’s a little rough around the edges but hey it comes with the age.

Roller by my friend Neto from H2Oi. Neato Photography

The first step I took was to buy wheels. So what better way to build a classic BMW than to put it on some gorgeous BBS RS001's? I bought this beautiful set built by 1badg35 and I am beyond excited to see how this plays out!

BMW E21 | BBS RS001BMW E21 | BBS RS001

BMW E21 | BBS RS001 BMW E21 | BBS RS001

BBS RS001 | Rettenmeier
                Any chance ur selling those BBS RS ?

Comment

Originally posted by BullionGold View Post
                  Any chance ur selling those BBS RS ?
                  I will not be selling the BBS's. After the E21, they'll most likely go onto the 2002.

If you're looking for a well finished set, 1badg35 is the man to contact. That's where I got mine from, and they are simply quality.

Not much of an update on the build because nothing is being built, just repairing anything that is going wrong. Latest has been a fuel leak from the rear of the car, from what we believe it was the transfer hose between the two tanks, so the fuel system, tanks, hoses, etc. have all been removed, and most of it is being replaced or refinished.

Once again everything will be put on the back burner, because I am moving south for work. I guess this will pick up sometime in the future, along with the 2002.

Comment

Where are you moving to?
                    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                    2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

E21s are kinda "meh" for me - the unloved 3 series and all... But this is cool! I know being StanceWorks this will probably be all drop-it-like-it's-hot and killer bodywork and all (which I'm sure would look great), but I can't help but love it in the pseudo-dingy/stock look. I'll bet it's a rad sleeper with that S50 under the hood.

Comment

my brother had a m52 swapped e21 a few years ago that we swapped the whole e36 interior into. pretty trick.

such beautiful lines. id trade my e30 for a similar e21.
                        -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                        -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                        MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                        Got Drop??

Comment

Great to see another blue E21 on here.

My M52/2.8 powered 316 is nearly finished.

Comment

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                            Where are you moving to?
                            Living down in Alabama for now. But am traveling for work.

Originally posted by mikethevilla View Post
                            E21s are kinda "meh" for me - the unloved 3 series and all... But this is cool! I know being StanceWorks this will probably be all drop-it-like-it's-hot and killer bodywork and all (which I'm sure would look great), but I can't help but love it in the pseudo-dingy/stock look. I'll bet it's a rad sleeper with that S50 under the hood.
                            I'm still unsure as to where I'm going with this car. The S50 is going to be the determining factor though.
                            Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
                            my brother had a m52 swapped e21 a few years ago that we swapped the whole e36 interior into. pretty trick.

such beautiful lines. id trade my e30 for a similar e21.
                            It's a real treat to drive, once all hooked up and balanced it'll be a nice driver, it'll have some motorsport genes in it.
                            Originally posted by e21mark View Post
                            Great to see another blue E21 on here.

My M52/2.8 powered 316 is nearly finished.
                            +1, good power choice, I'll check out your car.

I traveled back up to CT after working a little in CA, so it looks like I'll be finishing the fuel system.

Comment

Working...
                            X