Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Bi-turbo Cactus Green Audi S4 B5

Hi all,

I have been driving an A4 B5 for almost 3 years and have been wanting an S4 for a while. In October 2014 I bought one.
    My old A4 B5:

Now on to the new ride!

It's a Cactus green S4 sedan from '99 with the silver leather interior, it needed a new clutch but I didn't mind, the price was good.

Never thought of me being someone that would buy a car that was not black or silver but I really love this colour.

Options:
    - Full electric silver leather s4 interior with heated seats.
    - Sports steering wheel.
    - Double din (RNS-D)
    - Carbon belttrim.
    - Telephone in the armrest, not so nice because it has a hole in the quarter panel now for the antenna.

The wrong options the previous owner liked:
    - Imitation RS4 grill, original S4 grill is with the car.
    - Imitation Lamborghini Galardo wheels.
    - A bunch of S4 stickers.
    - Not lowered a bit.

The plans:
    - Replace the clutch, bought the Loba RS4 clutch.
    - Polish the exterior and clean the rest of the car.
    - Lower it!

Next thing on the list was replacing the clutch, figured out I'd do myself a pleasure and take the engine with gearbox out.
    Ended up replacing a lot of other things to while it was out.

After replacing the clutch and putting the engine back in I sold the above mentioned and shown A4 B5 to a friend of mine and put the S4 in daily duty.
    All went well for a while until the thermostat began acting up, this past weekend I replaced the timing belt, water pump and thermostat.

The guides:

Getting the front off was a piece of cake, done this a lot of times, the only annoying thing is that you can't drain the coolant through a tap like on my 1.8t.

So far only mechanical updates, but I need to get it running perfect before I start spending my money on fun things.

I really want to bag this one, my A4 was on coilovers, I wanted to go lower but it was my daily so I couldn't.
    Just saving for a Airlift Autopilot v2 complete setup, I still have the fat fives and BBS RS2 wheels.

Progress won't be coming that fast, but I promise it will look great eventually

Hubba
    Lucas
    Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
    Originally posted by LCG
    High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Really impressed with the work so far!
      keep up the good work.
      it's nice to see more Dutch builds!

Comment

Thanks

Can't wait till it's slammed

Comment

love it

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Awesome can't wait till its lowered!

Comment

Thanks mate. Me neither!

Comment

lekkah

did you sell your wheels, cuz imo the green and gold should be a killer combo
                  Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Thanks!

Nah, still got them, as well as those fat fives

Comment

Been out last night, with the camera!

Comment

It has been a while, I haven't even told you guys I've ordered an Airlift air ride kit with Autopilot V2 management.
                        Picked the kit up previous weekend and started right away with the harness for the V2.

The V2 controller:

This week, after the working day I began with the trunk setup with a mate. I wanted a trunk that would still be functional, so a false floor was the plan!
                        I also didn't want to make any changes that were permanent so it had to be bolt on, used the bolts from the bumper and the luggage hooks.
                        This meant fabricating some custom stainless steel parts to mount the airlift parts.

Because it's Easter, I had a long weekend, free on Friday That meant a long Thursday night, kept working on the car till all the struts and airlines were placed. 3 AM at the time we finished. Bad part is, I stopped taking pictures as well.

Everything is functional now but we have to finish up the trunk, planned for upcoming week

I was afraid the Lamborghini Galardo replica's would hit the fender during the calibrating process of the V2, it airs fully out and up during. That's why the front has the Fatfives mounted haha.
                        Don't mind it being so dirty, will be solved in the last pictures

I couldn't find the right bolts to permanently mount the Fatfives so I took the BBS RS2 wheels out of the storage and decided to go all in haha.

Slammed

The next day, a 2,5 hour trip to visit my parents was in the plans. Everything went well but the ride was quite harsh. The dampeners have a 30 click adjustment option and I didn't touch that when installing the kit.
                        Next day, after my arrival at my parents house I 'clicked' them down to soft and the ride is much better and smoother now!

The bad thing about changing the geometry of the car this dramatically is that I now notice bad control arms and misalignment. So that's the next thing on the list.
                        Gear changes have improved a lot btw

So glad I finally got a lowered B5 back in my life, it's the things I missed most since selling my A4!

Comment

Fuckin perfect with the gold and green combo

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
                          "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

Man that's beautiful. B5 S4 has been on my want list for a looong time and yours is spot on!

Comment

Always been my dream to own an S4 and that color is amazing! Can't wait to see more.
                              Shameless build thread plug
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=69979

Comment

Working...
                              X