My FG1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My FG1!

Hello people of Stantswerks! My name is Lee and I own (kind of) this civic that you will see here. My build has gone over the span of a little less than a year and honestly I couldn't be happier with my car. It's everything I ask of it and never ceases to put a smile on my face when I step back and look at it.
    Ok now with the sappy sh*t out of the way, time to start the build thread!
    warning: very picture and text heavy

Alright. So day 1 of owning my civic. My dad and I decided on a Saturday, for sh*ts and giggles to go look around for cars. The entire day was a boring mash up of bright tan interior and automatic sedans. Yuck. But, at the last stop, the Honda dealership, I saw my car for the first time. Faded paint on the roof, dinged up front bumper, stock as could be, and previously owned by old people. Perfect! Needless to say we got ripped off by the dealership and I didn't know the SI existed soooo...yeah. Nonetheless, I received my first car that day, and little did I know I would deplete my savings and ruin it (pretty nice accomplishments) within a year..

So the car sat like that for a while, I eventually got an exhaust as my first mod! At the time I thought it sounded cool but looking back on it...just makes me cringe now..After that, in June of 2014, I made the first step towards the car that resides in my parents' driveways-coilovers. Racelands at that, but still coils!

So the car sat like that for a LONG time. I mean from about mid June to November. Between then, I needed to satisfy my mod craving, so I picked up a Takeda CAI. Has a nice induction noise to it and dressed up the engine bay a little. Well worth it!

After that somewhat random mod, I finally picked up some wheels. Keep in mind I was on a limited budget and I didn't know much about fitment at the time. I picked up a set of XXR 527s in chromium black, 17x8.25+35, brand new hot off the rep press from amazon for a whopping $369 for the set (shipping not free LOL)! Needless to say, they actually looked pretty good and allowed me to go very low on stock camber in the front and rear as well as stock fenders.

First mounted with untouched height from stock wheels

So the next day I decided I wanted to be a bit lower since the front looked kinda weird with the amount of wheel gap it had (this is the start of a terrible addiction LOL).

So it sat like that for a little bit, pretty low, okay offset, I was happy with it.

Then one weekend I decided that I wanted white wheels, so a few cans of plastidip were purchased and some fun was had and some niceness was made!

So again, civic sat like that for a little while...until my birthday happened...I got eibach sway bars for my birthday (thanks mom), some camber bolts, and some 20mm hubcentric spacers off of amazon. That means it would put me at +15 offset, I was not ready for this lol.
    I decided one night I wanted to see what they would look like on stock fenders and camber..

Oh my..

After that traumatizing experience, I decided to take the spacers off and wait until the weekend, when I had access to a mechanic and a fender roller, to actually proceed. So then that weekend happened:

p.s. that's rubbing on the spring from the wheels, yes, Racelands suck.
    Fronts rolled

Rears effed up by me

THEN the issues started...by issues I mean intense rubbing...like scared to move it amount of rubbing. I decided to try to get a jack under it in the grass (dumb move) due to how bad the noise was. BUT, the one side it was rubbing on was slammed as hell so I couldn't get a low jack under it.

This side was set to the same height as the other...

Here's the jack not fitting

Figured out it was the bumper tab that was causing the mass amounts of rubbing, so I had to raise the car about a half inch or so on that side only to get it to be at least a little driveable.

So I babied it home an hour and a half on the highway at 60, got home at like 11 that night hah.

But the next day proved that it was all worth it...

So I "drove" my car around miserably for a few weeks like that, annoyed by the mass amounts of rubbing that came with it. I literally set a hat on my dashboard that did not move for the entirety of my "stance time."

Looked pretty though, other than from behind..

So at this point I became very frustrated with the rubbing. I could no longer enjoy or drive my car even a little hard. Turn faster than a grandma, rub. Shift to second fast, rub. I couldn't even carry a passenger...So I switched back to my stocks to be able to drive like a hooligan again. It looked awful but I was just happy to be able to drive my car and push myself again.

Well after a couple more weeks, I realized my tires were DEAD. I mean like break loose in the rain in THIRD dead. I was no longer able to push my car due to my car...well..pushing. So....I switched back to my XXRs! I left the front at the same height and raised the rear a half inch so it would still look good but not rub and allow me to drive as hard as I want.

I was finally happy again.

So during this time period, I had ordered new coils due to the Racelands literally rubbing a gigantic groove into one of my tires, so with the left over money I picked up a throttle body spacer. Made some more induction noise, gave me some better throttle response, and maybe a little power. Overall worth the <80 I paid for it.

After that, my new coils came in! Godspeed Mono-RS. Being the future me, I can say I love these coils in every way and would definitely recommend.

So I put em on that weekend and had a crap ton of wheel gap and wacky camber that was all over the place LOL

So after a little bit, I adjusted everything to match, and was very happy with the outcome. 0 rubbing as well which was a very nice change.

Well...ALSO during that time period, I had a running joke with one of my friends that if he bough 215/40s for a set of wheels he had, I would trade my XXRs for them...so we ended up doing that haha. A set of genuine Cobra R mustang wheels in swaggy chrome. At first I loved it but I would later have a change of heart.

So now this change of heart business...I had seen another 8th gen, that was on Cobras, plastidip his white...and they looked good..so...I decided to yet again, plastidip my wheels white haha. I am in love with the outcome and could honestly not be happier with the result!

Also just today (2.24.2015) received the center caps I had ordered in the mail! I like the way they look and they were much cheaper than the real OEM ones (not about to pay what I paid for four for just one).

Did A little photoshoot today with the new center caps (77 pictures) and came out with three good ones and two meh ones. I'll post the two meh ones first, hope you enjoy!

2.27-3.4.15
    Went a little lower on Friday the 27th (only in the rear, no room up front to go lower and still go to full lock with space) and I've taken a couple phone pictures since then. Yes, they have been very Tumblrized, cry more ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can someone teach me how to edit photos or give me a guideline? I think I take okay photos but I feel like I could post process them and make em better idk. Here's some actual pictures after the lower in the rear!

I wish these two would have came out brighter..oh well

And that's all I have for now! Hopefully will be doing more modifications in the near future, anything that happens such as photo shoots or part installs will go in here as well. Hope you enjoyed! Also special shout out to my friends David, Drake especially, Joe, and Tanner and his dad. Without them a lot of this wouldn't have been possible!

Last edited by Sprinqer; 03-06-2015, 06:48 AM.

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY CREDIT IN ALL OF THIS!!!!! I DID LITERALLY MOST OF THE WORK! I SPENT COUNTLESS HOURS ON THIS CAR NOT TO GET ANY RECOGNITION. THERE ARE PICTURES OF MY YARD, MY HOUSE, MY CAR, MY TOOLS AND HELL MAYBE EVEN ONE OF ME IN THERE!....

lol just messin Lee. Welcome to Stanceworks! And guys take it easy on him, he's getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by dburgoon View Post
      WHERE THE FUCK IS MY CREDIT IN ALL OF THIS!!!!! I DID LITERALLY MOST OF THE WORK! I SPENT COUNTLESS HOURS ON THIS CAR NOT TO GET ANY RECOGNITION. THERE ARE PICTURES OF MY YARD, MY HOUSE, MY CAR, MY TOOLS AND HELL MAYBE EVEN ONE OF ME IN THERE!....

lol just messin Lee. Welcome to Stanceworks! And guys take it easy on him, he's getting there.
      Hey Drake

Comment

i honestly kinda like this. good work man. nice color
        IG: Dimitriantoniou
        1997 bmw 328i vert: sold:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55235
        1997 bmw 328is: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69857

Comment

Originally posted by meech View Post
          i honestly kinda like this. good work man. nice color
          thanks man!

Comment

not to rain on the parade or anything...but 95 Cobra R wheels never came in Chrome.

13 5.BRO. 425whp/401wtq.

Comment

I ***** the Cobra wheels in chrome but damn do they look good in white.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

It was going soooo good until the rear fenders. It's all good, everyone ruins their first set of rear fenders I think. I know I most certainly did. I'd try to spacers on the rear only to try to get lip to turnt fender looking better. Good progress none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Soprano View Post
                  not to rain on the parade or anything...but 95 Cobra R wheels never came in Chrome.
                  I think at some point they were chromed or painted chrome.
                  Originally posted by DeltaAlpha9 View Post
                  I ***** the Cobra wheels in chrome but damn do they look good in white.
                  Thanks
                  Originally posted by Dremetos View Post
                  It was going soooo good until the rear fenders. It's all good, everyone ruins their first set of rear fenders I think. I know I most certainly did. I'd try to spacers on the rear only to try to get lip to turnt fender looking better. Good progress none the less.
                  Yeah, I ruined em but oh well. Now I have to run extremely wide wheels haha.
                  I was thinking about spacers but then I would need extended lugs to be safe, so it would be kind of costly to me (I make 150 every two weeks).

Comment

oh hai (☞˘ . ˘)☞
                    [IMG]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5441/17191163096_12105eed9a_o.jpg[/IMG]
                    instagram: [URL"http://instagram.com/jonnysachs"] jonnysachs [/URL]
                    Tumblr: [URL"http://fr3dfr3dburg3r1.tumblr.com/"]FR3DFR3DBURG3R1[/URL]
                    Build: [URL"http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49839"] The civic that can always go lower [/URL]

Comment

The pics in here make me want to live in florida.

Comment

Dangit these civics look sooo good "stanced". This is really cool.

Comment

When i saw the cobra wheels I almost cried, but when you painted them white I started to dig them. Nice thread man, was a joy to read
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fr3dfr3dburg3r1 View Post
                            oh hai (☞˘ . ˘)☞
                            ey durr
                            Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                            The pics in here make me want to live in florida.
                            Yeah it's pretty nice during this time of the year, summer gets waaaaayyyy too hot though.
                            Originally posted by SnazzyQ View Post
                            Dangit these civics look sooo good "stanced". This is really cool.
                            Thanks!!
                            Originally posted by SliPsY View Post
                            When i saw the cobra wheels I almost cried, but when you painted them white I started to dig them. Nice thread man, was a joy to read

Thanks man!

Comment

Welcome to S|W bro. Nice civic, cobra wheels look good

Comment

Working...
                              X