Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cocaine White 190e

Hey guys checking in from Charlotte NC

New to stanceworks and new to Mercedes. Previously had an s14 I thrashed on at some drift events, then realized I needed to save money to go to college and get my life together. So I did the logical thing and bought a 1989 Mercedes 190e 5 speed that needs some work. But its in fairly decent shape and it runs like a clock so Im dealing with it. Already snagged some AMG wheels. Stay tuned for a build thread that will take decades. If anyone in the Charlotte area has experience with these or just wants to meet up PM me.

Welcome! I'm sure the rest of the Mercedes cartel around here will be in here shortly to say hi

Comment

I have a Cosworth the p/o painted white as well. What are your plans for it?

progress IS a slow process

Comment

w201 becoming the next e36

interested to c where you take this
        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
          w201 becoming the next e36
          I'm afraid it's true

No worries. Lots of parts are shared with the w124 and that means more aftermarket parts for me!

Welcome. lets hope you turn it into something
          Last edited by loekaaz; 10-31-2014, 09:59 AM.
          Lucas
          Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
          Originally posted by LCG
          High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Hey guys sorry for the late response. My plans currently include fitting the amg wheels I just bought and refinishing them. Finding a fairly budget way to go low, and to fit a roof rack with a custom wooden base and basket (still iffy on this). Redo some ineterior stuff, really want to find the factory cosworth triple pod gquges for the center. Just keep it a simple and budget friendly daily driver through the first part of college. Then I have some more plans in mind. Definitely excited to get it rolling.

Comment

Current test fit on some large tires. If anyone has a pair of these for sale please let me know as well. Preferrably rears.

Comment

I was watching this car for over a year but knowing how hard it is to find replacement bumpers and the fact that he hadn't put back the a/c from changing out the serpentine turned me away. Its got the lorinsor badge, sportline cladding and cosworth rear spoiler right?

Comment

Welcome man! I'm from down in Greenville, SC and have been building w201/124 chassis cars for years now. If you ever need anything, just holler.

Also, I'm pretty sure those are my old AMG wheels.
                  Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

Originally posted by MKYR View Post
                    I was watching this car for over a year but knowing how hard it is to find replacement bumpers and the fact that he hadn't put back the a/c from changing out the serpentine turned me away. Its got the lorinsor badge, sportline cladding and cosworth rear spoiler right?

Yep I believe thats this car. He put the ac stuff backk in, but the blower motor is done. Lucky for me my local junkyard had pristine color matched bumpers. I took off the spoiler because it looks like ass. Overall she needs work but nothing too hard.

Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
                    Welcome man! I'm from down in Greenville, SC and have been building w201/124 chassis cars for years now. If you ever need anything, just holler.

Also, I'm pretty sure those are my old AMG wheels.
                    Thanks man! Car looks gorgeous. I think I saw it in a tuner evo post. I did scoop the wheels from spartanburg soo maybe, one of the fronts is damaged bad. Appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                    X