" Just a Tib"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• " Just a Tib"

Hey guys! Here's a very short version of the documentation of my tib over the past couple years. Let me know what you think!

Mod List

Exterior
    Full Exterior vinyl Wrap - Hexis Traffic Grey
    FL Headlights
    Mirimoto xB Angel Eyes
    NIA Eyelids
    ZG Flares
    Web Motorsports Carbon Fiber Grill
    V-Type Front Lip
    Shaved Badges, Wiper, and Wing
    Taillight Red Out Vinyls
    LED License Plate Lights

Interior
    Limited Edition Leather Seats
    Limited Edition Leather Door Inserts
    Limited Edition Shift Knob
    07-08 Gauge Cluster
    KDM Cup Holder
    Silver Trim
    Diode Dynamics Tuscani steering wheel emblem
    Kenwood Touchscreen Head-unit

Performance
    Hyundai Performance Exhaust - made by Vibrant Performance
    Delrin Shifter Bushings
    Elantra Transmission
    Stage 3 Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel
    XG350 BBK
    12" R1 Concepts Drilled/Slotted Rotors

Wheels/Suspension
    Work VS-XX Wheels
    D2 Rally Asphalt Coilovers
    MOOG Endlinks
    Rays Shorty Lug Nuts

Im on the third summer of owning this car, and the third summer is where things actually started to get decently serious. Ill skip to the spring of 2014 when i completely transformed the car. In january i blew up the transmission (its a hyundai thing) so i stopped winter driving it and parked it until i got a new one to swap. Once it was up on jackstands in the garage i realized that while it was sitting up there, why dont i completely transform it? I did a bit of body work to fill in the stone chips, door dings, etc before i vinyl wrapped the car. During this process i ordered new calipers, rotors, coilovers, wheels, etc etc. The pictures pretty much speak for themself.

I bought it bone stock and did a couple things to it in the first 2 years such as raceland coilovers,xxr 527's, and FL model headlights. This is what i started with this spring.

Then onto the transformation. The engine was pulled to replace the blown input shaft seal, new oil pan gasket, as well as a timing belt/water pump kit.

Most of the bodywork complete and starting the vinyl wrapping

New wheels - advan rs with the gtr concave
    New brakes - xg350 BBK upgrade with 12" r1 concepts drilled/slotted rotors

The finished product, about a month & 150 hours worth of work.

Vinyl wrapping this car myself was very tough. Definitely a patience testing process because of the cars complex curves. After about 2 months of driving the car, the input shaft seal blew on me again. The transmission was already pretty bad (grinding into a few gears, not staying in 4th) so i just said **** it and drove it until the transmission blew. At this point it was the end of july and i sourced out a used elantra transmission which has longer gear ratios in comparison to the tiburon transmission. While waiting for the trans and the clutch/flywheel i decided to post the advans up for sale. I didnt expect them to sell in the extremely cheap winnipg market. But, they did. So now i was stuck with a car on jack stands and no wheels. This is where i got the idea to go where no tiburon owner has ever gone before. So i ordered some ZG fender flares and got to hacking my fenders apart with a dye grinder and then welding them back up. I ordered myself a set of work vs-xx wheels and im pretty happy with how the tib turned out!

url=https://flic.kr/p/psfnf3][/url]KDM Stance by David Austria, on Flickr

Just A Tiburon by David Austria, on Flickr

Its almost time to put the tib into storage for winter, so ive just enjoyed driving it for the last couple of weeks. Theres a few things missing to make the whole fender-flare situation flow with the rest of the car so i've started to make plans for next year.
    - shine auto rx7 CF side splitters
    - modified gen coupe rear diffuser
    - front wind splitter (custom made, similar to the APR)
    - big country labs wing
    - gold fender flare hardware
    - add a lot more camber in the front to match the rear

If everything goes as planned, I'll be able to sell the works and get something else. The reason i want to sell them is because right now im running 2" adapters because the works are 5x120 and that 2" means 2 more inches of dish. I have an open mind and am considering anything with super agressive specs. Something in the 18x11 to 12 range, with -10 to -20 offsets.
    Last edited by davejj; 11-12-2014, 02:59 PM.
    Instagram: @_davidjackson

The Stanced Tib Build Thread

this is one of the best tibs ive ever seen. great job on this build.

gimme a sec (e28 build)

Comment

Neat!

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

Dam just. Dam.

Comment

Comment

I love it wingless. And the color looks so dope. Reminds me of battle ship grey.

instagram: jerrychoochoo

Comment

Awww yeah.

Civic Build

1992 Civic VX - 1996 Miata - 1986 944 Turbo - 1988.5 Samurai - 2006 Tiburon GT

Comment

cool man! had one of these for my first car a long time ago, nicely done.

Comment

Seen your car a couple times in person. Looks great dude!
                  Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                  he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

Love the gray..nice gloss to it to 3M? Avery?
                    Cars are over rated

Comment

Nice!!

I am usually not a fan of universal flares, but I think on this car they compliment it better than other newer cars. And the fact that I read you'll be adding more aero parts and possible deep dish wheels, I am definitely seeing what the car will look like.

Comment

Job well fucking done sir!
                        IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

I like it, but i think if you would have radius the fenders more and went lower, it would be spot on. I feel like the flare placement is a little low. Overall dope tho

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

I really don't like those flares on newer cars, but they look GREAT on your car! Definitely makes the more look more agressive, well done.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Originally posted by theitchybeard View Post
                              this is one of the best tibs ive ever seen. great job on this build.
                              Originally posted by DeltaAlpha9 View Post
                              Neat!
                              Originally posted by Houstons23rd View Post
                              Dam just. Dam.
                              Originally posted by KFC ONE View Post
                              Originally posted by ehDevo View Post
                              cool man! had one of these for my first car a long time ago, nicely done.
                              Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                              Job well fucking done sir!
                              Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                              I really don't like those flares on newer cars, but they look GREAT on your car! Definitely makes the more look more agressive, well done.
                              Thanks for the kind words guys!

Originally posted by jerrychoochoo View Post
                              I love it wingless. And the color looks so dope. Reminds me of battle ship grey.
                              I like it wingless too, if i do a big wing it has to be the BCL, i think it'll go along with the aero pieces and the flares. The colour is just a shade darker than battleship grey.

Originally posted by 06tiburonofdoom View Post
                              Awww yeah.
                              Fancy seeing you here! haha

Originally posted by benz88 View Post
                              Seen your car a couple times in person. Looks great dude!
                              thanks! I think i recognize your avatar from tti?

Originally posted by BBBDDD View Post
                              Love the gray..nice gloss to it to 3M? Avery?
                              Thanks, it has a great gloss. Its a popular company in Europe called hexis. A very high quality wrap on par with 3M, Avery, etc.

Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                              Nice!!

I am usually not a fan of universal flares, but I think on this car they compliment it better than other newer cars. And the fact that I read you'll be adding more aero parts and possible deep dish wheels, I am definitely seeing what the car will look like.
                              Thanks! I was skeptical with them at first but im happy with how they turned out. I think the aero parts will tie the whole build together.

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                              I like it, but i think if you would have radius the fenders more and went lower, it would be spot on. I feel like the flare placement is a little low. Overall dope tho
                              That is my plan if i dont get new wheels for next season. These are a tad too agressive so i'll mount the flare a bit higher to get lower. If i get new wheels, i'll just go about an inch lower in the rear with stiffer springs to get that rim-fender fitment, along with more low in the front. Thanks!
                              Instagram: @_davidjackson

The Stanced Tib Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X