NickL's 49' Chevy truck build, Air ride + Awesome Patina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NickL's 49' Chevy truck build, Air ride + Awesome Patina

Some of you may recognize my other car, my bagged S52 E30. The car is about 95% complete after shaving the bay this winter. I attempted to tuck the radiator but ran into a million different issues I didn't want to really deal with as I enjoy driving the car a lot and long distances, and would rather not have issues like I have had. So, I'm in the process of re-installing the M42 radiator I had back into the car, to finish it once and for all.

While taking a break from the E30, I went to GoodGuys National's in my hometown. I had no intention of spending money, until I walked into the for sale barn and saw this truck sitting on a trailer. Its a 49' half ton, completely original barn find from Washington. I talked to the owner, and older man who was an awesome guy, telling me about the history of the truck, how he picked it up and found it, and how unfortunately time and money would not allow him to finish what he wanted the truck to be. I fell in love with the truck, the patina is something money could never buy, and the truck has a ton of character. Rust everywhere, in all the right places though. It was perfect. We settled on a number and the next day the truck ended up in my shop, another project I probably don't need, but have wanted to build for years now. The truck ran believe it or not, I backed it up into my shop and I don't think I've smiled that big in a long time. The next day, I got the brakes working so it was safe to move around, and began to tear into it.

The truck is rusty, the frame ended up being pretty shot and I decided I wanted to place it on an s10 chassis anyways. My father has multiple SBC long blocks laying around, so one will end up in the truck. This is going to be a long, slow, build, but every time I turn a wrench on the truck, it puts a smile on my face.

So, enjoy as this extremely long build, begins. I have a ton of fab work in front of me, but I know ill enjoy it.

Started tearing it apart.

Couldn't help myself

Last edited by NickL; 02-06-2015, 01:41 PM.
    [URL="http://bagriders.com/modlab/"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]BagRiders[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

Definitely in for more of this.

Comment

Ah man that's awesome, I know this will be good!

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Love these trucks! In for this!

Comment

I own a '50, 5-window.

I'm totally in for this build.

Comment

Back from H2oi, E30 made it 1400 flawless miles after barely even having 150 on it since the bay shave. Headed to storage this week to open some room to get the cab and bed off the truck.

Stay tuned for updates
            [URL="http://bagriders.com/modlab/"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]BagRiders[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Awesome truck man. I have a 48 sedan myself. Can't wait to see what this turns into!
              IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

apparently we have very similar taste in cars. looking forward to this man!
                Instagram: @dillonmakar

1986 Bagged s50 BMW e30 HERE

Comment

that bay is so clean..
                  '82 Volvo 242 build
                  '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

CP units
                    instagram : demrimz
                    StatesideWheel

Comment

I'm all in for this one!

I'm building a highly patina'd '49 also. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Comment

I love these trucks!

Comment

In love!

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
                          Originally posted by nickskater09
                          I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

Well, Ive got some updates. The truck is basically stripped, column separated from steering box, seat/gas tank removed, bed/cab mounts undone, clip off, running boards off. The cab and bed are ready to come off I've just been waiting for the wheels for the E30 to come in so it can move out of my shop to make room for the dollies for the cab and bed. Also, I picked up a longed S10 for practically 0$, everything is dead but the frame is solid. So this week the 49 frame will be rolled out and sold as a rolling chassis. Then the S10 is getting stripped and the fun begins.

Comment

Oh dear lord...
                              Subscribed!Love the E30 dude

@nico_2polished

Comment

Working...
                              X