MonsterMazda's Bag Build in Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MonsterMazda's Bag Build in Progress

Well everyone, I am new to the forum and have been diligently saving for the past year+ for my new setup that I am currently working on. Now that everything is starting to fall into place, I figured it would be a good time to start a build thread on here so that people who may be interested in my build won't have to wait forever for updates! haha

Enough of the boring talk though. Here is how my car sat last month before I put it on Stock suspension due to taking care of a State Referee inspection (Too low for Dyno machine). I have decided to leave it stock until I get the rest of my Air Suspension setup since the last piece of the puzzle is the front struts

What I currently have waiting to go on the car:
    -Complete Air Lift V2 Digital Management with 3/8th Lines(Currently working on trunk setup with this)
    -Custom Rear LCA's from All Day Fab
    -UAS Air House 1 Bags for LCA's
    -Watercooledind CC10's in Satin Black (Should be here next week!!!)

The pictures below are the progress I have made on my air setup so far which is mainly the trunk setup and the start of the hardlines.

Last edited by MonsterMazda; 07-13-2014, 03:22 PM.
    M A Z D A F I T M E N T

Follow my journey into the Stance World: MonsterMazda's Bag Build

Just ordered an ASHCROFT single needle PSI gauge from Bag Riders. I feel like I need to balance out the other side of the tank with SOMETHING until I can afford the second compressor setup.

Going to be thinking of an interesting way to work it in. Any ideas/suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!

Hopefully I will have more pictures this week after more progress is made!
    M A Z D A F I T M E N T

Comment

Today my friend and I finally finished the hardlines with the exception of the PSI gauge that is still on it's way and the fact that we need a bigger piece of copper tubing to hide the ground and power wires for the compressor. Once That has been added we just need to hook up the Air Lift harness and mount the manifold under the floor and the management will be completely finished! Then all I have to do is get the front struts and the bags themselves can go on :]

Here are some pictures of the finished hardlines:

Before the copper was polished

In Trunk with Copper polished:

M A Z D A F I T M E N T

Comment

Did you use flooring nails to keep the wood down? Also is that a MDF template or the stock trunk wood/tire cover thing?

Also,I really like how the trimming frames everything and makes it neat. Good job
        1968 1600SP Beetle build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Z33_Taxi View Post
          Did you use flooring nails to keep the wood down? Also is that a MDF template or the stock trunk wood/tire cover thing?

Also,I really like how the trimming frames everything and makes it neat. Good job
          We only used a nail gun for the trim because that was the best way to tack it down, glue definitely did not work at all for the trim haha.

The wood flooring itself though, we used a certain type of glue/adhesive made for flooring I believe. I would have to ask my friend for the specific name of it. He works at Home Depot and has made flooring displays before so he knew exactly what to get haha.

But yes, we used MDF to mount the flooring to. We just literally took the OEM flooring out and traced it onto the MDF, Jig sawed it out and then worked from there. The OEM flooring is now completely out and the new flooring just sits on the foam itself.
          M A Z D A F I T M E N T

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterMazda View Post
            We only used a nail gun for the trim because that was the best way to tack it down, glue definitely did not work at all for the trim haha.

The wood flooring itself though, we used a certain type of glue/adhesive made for flooring I believe. I would have to ask my friend for the specific name of it. He works at Home Depot and has made flooring displays before so he knew exactly what to get haha.

But yes, we used MDF to mount the flooring to. We just literally took the OEM flooring out and traced it onto the MDF, Jig sawed it out and then worked from there. The OEM flooring is now completely out and the new flooring just sits on the foam itself.
            Very insightful. Im thinking about doing this for my wagon.
            So the MDF isn't bolting/screwed down? Just sitting on top of the foam?
            1968 1600SP Beetle build thread

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Z33_Taxi View Post
                Very insightful. Im thinking about doing this for my wagon.
                So the MDF isn't bolting/screwed down? Just sitting on top of the foam?
                That's correct! It just sit's down onto the foam. We cut it as perfectly as we could and also when the seats fold up it helps secure it in place as well.

I would recommend anyone do a hardwood trunk even if they aren't going air or anything. I love it!!
                M A Z D A F I T M E N T

Comment

Fancy seeing you here too.

Keep up the progress and post them on MOCC too!
                  Hella4 | MTechnica Wheels - Wheel Designer | Memoryfab

Comment

Originally posted by Clun9 View Post
                    Fancy seeing you here too.

Keep up the progress and post them on MOCC too!
                    Ayyee!!! haha

yeah I definitely need to get a build thread on there. I can't even remember if I started one or not on MOCC.
                    M A Z D A F I T M E N T

Comment

Alright, so since my new wheels will be here in a few weeks. I have decided to go ahead and order the front struts next week!! I figured I could sip on some soup or something for a few weeks for blowing my next paycheck to finish the air suspension in time for my wheels. It would just look too weird having my CC10's with a massive wheel gap haha

More updates next week. I only get to work on my car every Wednesday :/
                      M A Z D A F I T M E N T

Comment

looks great so far dude!!!!!
                        C280 Build Thread
                        C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                        E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

Originally posted by SD202 View Post
                          looks great so far dude!!!!!
                          Thanks man! :]
                          M A Z D A F I T M E N T

Comment

That trunk set up looks beautiful.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaAlpha9 View Post
                              That trunk set up looks beautiful.
                              Thank you man! I wanted to be sure I did it up right the first time. Can't wait to put the bags themselves on.
                              M A Z D A F I T M E N T

Comment

Working...
                              X