Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The quest for meaty fitments and fasts. In a fwd hatch... wut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The quest for meaty fitments and fasts. In a fwd hatch... wut?

For those that didn't see it, Wrote the coupe off. Aqua planned into a wooden telephone pole. The one time I drive "Safely and sensibly" on the local mountain I aquaplane and crash. Sense, None was made that day.

Anyway its like the most basic Mirage ever. No AC, PS and stuff. 330k and is cheap and red. Picking it up this week hopefully. It does weigh 100kg less then the coupe if it has the power steering and ac in it. So thats a plus aswell.

Some pics from the ad. Does need new fenders but thats ok i guess. Atleast they come off easy and the rest seems straight.

Check this power house out!! FREE PODDY M8!

Now the plan is swap EVERYTHING from the coupe over including power steering and AC gear (AC never worked just want the lines and stuff to get it working) Get new Federal 595 evo's for my R33 skyline stockos so I can go 5 stud again ASAP, Standard brakes on these are the worst ever. Get it all on the road and be broke.

As for wheels. This is what i have for it... 16x6.5+40 (Thought this was rwd nissan you fegs)

R33 stockos

This is what I will hopefully have soons. 16x8+30 (Das better fegs)

R32 GTR stockos

Last edited by Thom; 06-15-2014, 08:40 AM.

Nice buy!

Get those bumpers painted and throw on a zr wing.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
    @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Thanks!

Going to get a lancer MR front bar and the rear painted. Those wings are so much money Need to buy diveline stuff first

Comment

$130-$180 isn't too bad for mad tyte JDM wing.

Are you going to paint those mirrors and door handles?

Also, what kind of mods are you going to do to the 4g94 out of the old car while it's being swapped?

Sorry for asking so many questions, it's that I've always wanted one of these but they weren't sold here in the states D:

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Plus shipping is like 300 many monies. Nah that doesn't help it go fast. Maybe once everything else is done ill do little things like that.

With the 94 Ill just throw a new clutch and Timing belt for now. Has a 93 cam and 93 ported intake. Ill road tune it for now. Once its all good and I'm not broke. Ported head, Shaved with new stem seals and heavier springs and retainers with a new cam. Then retune. Hoping to get either an FTO gearbox or 4g69 gear set for lower ratios. THEN maybe boost. See how I feel. If that happens ill be changing rods tho

Comment

Read your other build thread, sucks what happened. Interested in the hatch! Keep working
            "E Dirty Six, Low and Slow"

Check out my build thread
            -------->http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=69942

Comment

I don't think we got the Mirage hatch here in the states; interesting little car.
              Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

Originally posted by Thate34Guy View Post
                Read your other build thread, sucks what happened. Interested in the hatch! Keep working
                Yea, Lets hope this car has some better luck.. haha. Thanks man.

Originally posted by rightfullrudder View Post
                I don't think we got the Mirage hatch here in the states; interesting little car.
                Not gonna lie, Id prefer another coupe. Hopefully this one suprises alot more people

This is my goal basically. With different wheels :3

Comment

MY RAGE <3

Mate had one for a daily, sickest intake noise with the pod filter lol
                  My Ride | Facebook | Instagram[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by DioXidE View Post
                    MY RAGE <3

Mate had one for a daily, sickest intake noise with the pod filter lol
                    You know this came with a pod filter. Got it regoed today and cant stop laughing. Sounds so good but sooooo slow.

Anyway. Swapped the front bar from the coupe onto it. Slapped my cusco coils in for now so it doesnt roll anywhere. Still cant get the mount unstuck...

SOOO Im ordering brand new bitches next week. Going with 8f/7r KG

Sets back all the things that slow it down and allow cool wheels but ohwells. Gotta rock that honda slammed on stockos look atleast once right?

Once they are paid for i have to work my ass off for new tires, A new clutch for the 94 and to get the exhaust redone from the rear wheels back to suit the rage. Then skids and track time.

Last edited by Thom; 04-01-2014, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Nah that doesn't help it go fast. Maybe once everything else is done ill do little things like that.

Comment

This should be good. Looking forward to your progress.
                        BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                        Originally posted by Ollie
                        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

I commented in the other thread, but I'm sorry to see what happened to the coupe

That said, the hatch is awesome, and I'm looking forward to this build!

Comment

Sweet. What a cool little ride to pick up.

Comment

Cheers guys. Gonna start tearing the coupe apart on friday and clean everything up. Dont have much free lately :/

Cant wait to slam this bitch and get stuck in my driveway. Get out and get defected 2k's away from my house. Shit will be so cash. haha. Hoping i can have my 5 stud hubs on in the next 2 weeks tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X