Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Body with an American Heart

Hey Folks,

Long time reader and first time poster so figured Id throw up some details on my ride.

I've been involved with drifting for about 8yrs now and had a nice 180sx I had built.

But 5 years ago I sold it to be come more sensible and get away from the childish acts of doing burnouts and drifting. I figured that If I bought something new and practical, that I would use it to drive to and from work and never turn tyres in it. I purchased a brand new Holden Commodore SS-V...

A cool $50k later and I had this. I was 'happy'.

I drove it around for a while and was enjoying my new car, the smell of leather, working air conditioning. Life was good. Until I thought maybe, just maybe I'll change the wheels to something else, while I'm there I can't have new wheels and 4wd ride height some lowered springs and shocks found their way inside.

My gf then bought me a strutbrace and I also installed an OTR (over the radiator) intake. I figured a new exhaust wouldn't go astray so I installed a twin 3" catback with some extractors. After all this went on the computer wasn't loving life so it went to Hi-Torque Performance for a retune.

I was happy, the 6L v8 went from a factory 280HP to a whopping 350HP! The most powerful car I've had. I took it to an event called powercruise and got to race around the racetrack...

Around this time my gf bought me some coilovers and I painted the wheels in an attempt to be 'different'. I also put in some 4.11 diff gears to give it a bit more go.

I went to another powercruise event and everyone told me to have a go at drifting again, I umm'd and ahhh'd for a while but succumbed to peer pressure. Boy Im glad I did!

Decided that red rims are really not my style and bought these wheels instead, They took a bit of work to make them fit in the rear, but I think it suits! I also got an import (Pontiac) rear bumper and a nice little bootlip to suit.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--AVkhVEQks"]Did some more drifting![/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZJ37HNXluc"]Did some more drifting![/ame]

Decided it needed an oil cooler, swaybars, new bushes all round, solid mounted cradle, diff and box, power steering cooler and a brake upgrade...

Did some more burnouts...

Then I decided it needed more oomph, I put in an aftermarket cam and got a retune and power went from 350HP to 430HP!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISDJgnH_EIU"]Cam Install[/ame]

Did some more drifting trying to get the hang of the new cam...

Drove around and loved the new setup...

Unfortunately the engine went bang, I installed a LS3! 6.2L of grunt. Makes around 450HP on the run in tune!

This is how I carry my shit to drift events...

Last edited by DioXidE; 04-13-2014, 08:29 AM.
    My Ride | Facebook | Instagram[/CENTER]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v03_ZX5WJE0"]Did some of this!![/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTt6oqTQBYU"]Got a new exhaust.. Twin 3" into a merge pipe into quad 3.5"[/ame]
    Last edited by DioXidE; 03-12-2014, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Did more drifting on the new engine! Love it!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_G0lcUoPI4"]I LOVE DRIFTING![/ame]
      Last edited by DioXidE; 03-12-2014, 09:17 AM.

Comment

damn! just damn! so good
        08 Sentra slow build

Comment

The local media needed a new story to make themselves feel good so they made a tv story about me and featured it on national primetime tv...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPduOVvuMcY"]Im the worst hoon (apparently)[/ame]

Comment

keep it at the track then, eh?

Sweet Commodore tho...

needs moar lows

Comment

nice to see the Holden badge is back!! What a beast!

http://www.mvip.com.au
              clicky^

Comment

Cheers guys,

Its going through a small rebuild at the moment. New wheels, kit, interior, fuel system etc. Not looking for re power, 450hp bakes just fine, just over how it looks

Comment

God damn, the media in your area needs something to do.

At least when LA news stations cover street racing/drifting they get both sides of the story instead of hounding someone that they suspect of being a "hoon".

Car looks great though, I love to see big cars like this get low.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                  @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

one of two nice commodores ive ever seen.

where im from its little rats with vn's trying to run 22's on a stock height car.

Comment

Fuck yeah Arif!!! Good to see you on here bro!!

Comment

I am glad to see you're still having fun and you're still a cool classy guy.

I won't wish you luck because I'd trust you'd give and get the best out of any car (as you have in years and years past)

Are you getting ready for September?
                        Originally posted by FunfGang
                        But lol at the "meaty look" "coming back".
                        Originally posted by Dudermagee
                        XXr's, homey.

Comment

Amazing really looking forward to seeing where this goes, seen picture of this a while ago but never really got the full story until now. Gawd this makes me want to get the Holden front soooooo bad, any ideas of what is to come?
                          sigpic
                          IG: @gman1227_

Comment

LOVING THIS!!! Holden with a real attitude!

progress IS a slow process

Comment

Originally posted by SHOGUNOVDDRK View Post
                              I am glad to see you're still having fun and you're still a cool classy guy.

I won't wish you luck because I'd trust you'd give and get the best out of any car (as you have in years and years past)

Are you getting ready for September?
                              Unsure who you are, but thanks

September as in powercruise?

Originally posted by gman1227 View Post
                              Amazing really looking forward to seeing where this goes, seen picture of this a while ago but never really got the full story until now. Gawd this makes me want to get the Holden front soooooo bad, any ideas of what is to come?
                              To get recognition from you gman is amazing! Down under your g8 is what we all strive to be. I have plenty of ideas and I have a list up on a white board in my garage. The problem is that I don't want to release it on Aussie forums or my fb page as I want it to be a surprise, sort of like a rebirthing

Comment

Working...
                              X