X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec

Hello,

I decided to finally make one of these.

In December 2010 a girl on her phone changed lanes in traffic. She was going about 5mph and i was at about 40mph.

i had this Jetta almost paid off, was about to get into a more in-depth NA 2.5L build and NT03+Ms.

In December, prior to the accident i had a ton of parts laying around waiting to go on. Then she hit, totaling the car

Then my search begun for an AP2 s2000!!!!!!!!!!!

but somehow i ended up with this?!?!?! dafuq

fell in love with the car after driving it, but god damn that ride height

picked these up when my wife was away for work, and installed. Picked her up at the airport like and about half way home she heard a rub, and was like "WTF did you lower it?!?!"

well wife, yes, yes i did. u mad? not really, she's cool with my hobby.

but of course, all that space between the fender edge and the wheels couldn't stay

so i added 20mm/30mm and an agressive alignment

next up was a RMR grill and a PW JDM shift knob

Then paired it up with a lip/splitter and Varrstoen ES3, tried a couple colors

then i pulled it all off lol, god damn lip caught and ripped off half the tabs on my bumper. I had to fab a clip for the inside to hold it and look OEM.

then dropped to 35 series profile & cupra R lip

sprayed the wheels black, had a custom exhaust fabbed, added superlux taillights and a VIS CF roof spoiler

some time down the road i switched over to 19x8.5 19x9.5 AMG reps

new diffuser add-on trunk lip and front lip added as well

interior still looking pretty stock as well, just some vinyl added.

Then i managed to get the varrstoens back! I wanted to try them on 35 series this time. also changed the exhaust to blast pipes + X-pipe + Mandrel bends. improved the car's sound ten fold.

then some side skirts

which eventually led to a rear diffuser (cosmetic only, hopefully this changes)

This is pretty much where my mindset about modifying cars shifted quite a bit. I didn't feel like the wheel setup represented my personal style; i was just grasping at what i kinda liked, played it safe, and keeping myself busy. so i asked myself what do you like? surprisingly i came to the conclusion that I really loved the Supermade S15 and the fact that they were putting small wheels on modern cars.

so i set out to put 17" on my car and ended up with cobra reps

which leads us to today, where i also realized the red/black theme is my favorite and IDGAF if the majority hates black wheels

My overall goal right now is to reduce weight and optimize stock n/a performance. Then once someone comes out with a reliable set of cams and tune i should be set. There is a car in PR right now that is in the 12s with cams/tune/bolt ons.... that is quick enough in a daily for me.
    Last edited by Blumagic; 02-18-2014, 11:31 AM.

Also not seen:
    - RRM intake with HKS foam filter
    - P2R thermal manifold gasket
    - SFR 1.5 Tune
    - Nameless test pipes modded with balance tube.
    - Ralco SS
    - Torque solutions bushings

To be installed:

Comment

nice car. i want to get a genesis coupe, but the interior plastic materials are such low quality. I don't know how you deal with it, especially coming from a VW with much nicer interior materials.

Comment

Nice ride, dude. I'd like to hear how it sounds, though.

Comment

You already know how i feel about this. Love it.
          IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Originally posted by HKSpeed View Post
            nice car. i want to get a genesis coupe, but the interior plastic materials are such low quality. I don't know how you deal with it, especially coming from a VW with much nicer interior materials.
            what have you sat in? my 2011 is a lot nicer than my MK5 build quality wise

the pre-2011 i test drove i can see where you would say that, the silver looks cheap. but still definitely about 104 less rattles than my old MK5 too

Originally posted by big_dane View Post
            Nice ride, dude. I'd like to hear how it sounds, though.
            i'll have some vids eventually. haha i just want to get it to where i hear it and i love it 100%. right now i'm at about an 80%

Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
            You already know how i feel about this. Love it.
            thanks man, appreciate it

Comment

Never really been a big fan of the Genesis, but yours has changed my opinion. Looks awesome!

Comment

Really like this, but not a fan of that spoiler or the new wheels apart from that its all good, just need to do the same exhaust on the other side now

Comment

this looks great, loved the amg reps on there the most

Comment

Killer!

Comment

KDM doing big things. Love the car!
                      Busted Knuckles Brigade (Coming soon)
                      #KDMstance

Comment

Bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome will be posting this on United States Of Stance!
                        United States Of Stance
                        www.unitedstatesofstanceshop.bigcartel.com
                        Ig: @Stuart.treybich
                        @Unitedstatesofstance_

Comment

Genesis is my next car, I'll keep my eye on this one.
                          Instagram: @B_OLSEN_
                          1988 FC3s-LS3 track slut~in progress~
                          1991 S13 Coupe-LS1 street beater
                          2004 G35 Coupe track model-Work Wheels Static daily
                          TUMBLR

Comment

apart frmo the front lip, this is stunning! i really do love these ! so much potential. I agree with sticking with the red/black theme.. yes its overplayed, but works so well!
                            Instagram - marcuscreek ---- facebook - /cusbum

Static Low R50 Mini Cooper

Comment

Spoiler makes me think of the 326 power audis. Cooooooool

Comment

Working...
                              X