W201 v.2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W201 v.2.0

Hiya fellas! Its time to start another build.

You might have seen my previous stuff:
    MB 190E M50 Swap build
    BMW E39 530d

Start story:
    We were arguing with a friend what would be good swap for W201 if you don't want to use Mercs Diesel engines (pretty popular swap + tuneup here in finland). Also "costs" were considered. So we endup in conclusion that M50 would be wicked. There is whole alot of knowledge around it, its strong built, "easy" to build. and for most part for start point its CHEAP!(working car with M50B25 can be found for less than 1000€[around 1300$]) and some parts could be sold from that car to get some off the price.

So with that said i endup buying 800€ BMW E34 525i with M50B25 and that is the MB 190E M50 Swap build topic about. But that was considered as a "test build" will the engine fit how would it work how it handles etc. So now after +20 000km i could say it works nicely.

And for that done i start the REAL build, W201 M50B28 Turbo

Here is the bad boy that going to get some work done for it. I paid 600€ for the chassis, it seems in good condition not too much rust.

And of course this will be FULL overhaul of the vehicle and will take atleast to next spring or summer.
    Last edited by Exami; 10-03-2017, 01:03 AM.
    Project car: MB 190E M50 Turbo build
    Now: MB W211 320cdi
    Ex:MB 190E M50, BMW E39 530d

fuck this shit again. I'm subbed!

Lucas
    Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
    Originally posted by LCG
    High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Hell yes, I cant wait for this! subed

Comment

So let the story begin!
        So i started taking the car a part piece by piece. from inside to outside. And as always on project like this its necessary todo so..

Couple of pics during the breaking part...

So steering wheel and seats out.. at this point it was bit scary to see if there was some "hidden rust"
        but it turned out quite well.

Rear floor:

Front floor:

After the taking apart the interior i had to make some room into garage i left bit of a mess behind me when i done the previous w201..

Before

After

And then i needed new tools.. how would i do custom bushings without a lathe and a press? it would be almost impossible? ... so

Also these:

And Here is the start of the project. Im trying to get a weekly update on how its moving forward.. and also on the way i try to write some sort of storyline also. for those who wants to read more about the process, so far its been pretty much bolt off and move on.

ps. sorry for the couple non working images

to end first update test of photobucket picture share.. if i could get rid of the damn slow imageshack ...

Here on out i'll be using photobucket, will se what happens..
        Last edited by Exami; 11-12-2013, 06:50 PM. Reason: Fixing image links

Comment

yeah buddy

Comment

Demolition continues
            Bit early for the "weekly update"-schedule. Anyways the car needs to be to bare chassis well almost atleast.. So started by taking the car to garage and continued to take everything off part by part.

Also removed the plastic side panels and washed those as those are going to be repainted also..

Also found "nicely" done rust fixes... theres 3 similar to this:

Someone was too damn lazy to remove the plasticparts to make a fix..

Cleaning the engine bay.. and putting the car onto jack stands.

Stock front suspension parts to trash, will get everything new there..

Next: Engine removal + Start chassis modifications.

Comment

Shame about the e34 getting stripped but you'll end up with one cool machine!

G.

Zacne on facebook: www.facebook.com/ZACNEWheels

Zacne on instagram: @zacnewheels

Comment

Originally posted by Zacne_4 View Post
                Shame about the e34 getting stripped but you'll end up with one cool machine!

G.
                Don't you worry those(3) E34 that was stripped cause of my build are already "dead" in point of no return basicly cause of RUST.

Comment

Some pipes you say? Well of course and to roof rack? WHY NOT?!

Comment

subbed

Comment

In that case, let that engine live on!

Sent from my mobile apple command iCenter

Zacne on facebook: www.facebook.com/ZACNEWheels

Zacne on instagram: @zacnewheels

Comment

I like this kind of madness
                        Check out my Alfa restoration here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8l...7WzTiNj8Xy6C4A

Comment

Engine removal + some other bits
                          Its yet again time for update! (im bad on schedules yet again earlier than weekly update)

So, as it was pretty much taken apart around the engine before. It was easy job just to lift out the engine..

Then i got chance to do some glass bead blasting on some parts(thanks to a friends of mine)

After that parts needed some paint on them..

After that got some new parts in Factory new BMW TYP210 Diff..

Next in line is to start modifying the chassis + modifying rear subframe

Comment

nice!

but why again the w201 and not try it on the w123 platform
                            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                              nice!

but why again the w201 and not try it on the w123 platform
                              Well those are kinda hard to find in condition that they are even half decent.. and then there is the difference in suspension..
                              might be "excuses" but i feel more comfortable with the W201 chassis as i have knowledge in it cause of the previous project and there is quite cheap parts out and such..

I think this is still going to be heck of a fight against time & monies to spring. Also this might be too early to say but im thinking when this car is finished it will be last Benz i own. Im not planing to sell it but im planing to move over to other makes

Comment

Working...
                              X