Rowdy content inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rowdy content inside

It would seem its time to make a build thread for my daily driver; so here it goes.

FOR WHAT ITS WORTH this build ends on page 5 and my new jaguar build begins on page 6 and is well under way.

It's an '88 Jaguar XJ6, red over tan leather, which looks the business if you ask me

On day 1, looking a lot like an $800 dollar car should.

No exhaust, hit in the front, filthy-- better buy it right away! After I bought it, the chick disclosed that if I didn't buy it, it's next stop was Mercer Wrecking, right up the street from my shop-- this thing got lucky.

I already had my plans, which at the time I thought were totally rowdy-

A 16x8.5 squared set of salad shooters, which I paid too much money for because I used to be fucking dumb.

They lasted for a while, and made the car look neat even at stock height-- but fuck that noise

I had to get them machined to fit, because the Jaguar center bore is enormous (73.9!)

So I did some researching as far as lowering is concerned, and couldn't figure out dick- this car was meant to be kept stock height for life, which is stupid.

So me and my friend Anthony got ignorant with an angle grinder and did some stuff on the front end one day, chopping 3.5 coils on each side of the front suspension, leaving me with the most radical rake stance you've ever seen. It looked pretty rowdy with the shooters 'n shit, so I took it to shady brook (represent :P )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
    '85 GMC S15 Sierra long bed.
    '01 BMW 740iL
    Instagram @bennkishh

So I decided that a front end alignment wasn't that important after cutting the front springs, which is totally true--
    Until I went through two brand new tires in 3 days, completely destroyed and blown out.

A solid amount of lows was given up front, but the fitment was weak with the offsets and 16's just don't cut it on this car, so I rolled on them for a little while and gave up-- that set of wheels is up for sale now

I knew I wanted to go bigger and better for the next set of wheels and get my act together, but I also wanted a project to keep me busy for a few weeks.

Enter these 17 inch 2 piece BBS RC090's, or style 5's, on of my favorite wheels-- I scooped these up off Craigslist for $400 bucks, which is a ruckus considering what people usually want for these! They were pretty dicked though, off of a E39 which I assume came as original equipment.

The Russian guy whom I met behind an abandoned building to buy these gems was actually pretty rad, but the condition of the wheels wasn't-- so I got to work on them, splitting them and stripping them and what not. They had been spray painted, centers, lips, bolts and all, and the clear coat had never been removed. Citristrip was my product of choice, and a guide to refinishing style 5's written by a member was followed, more or less.

'93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
    '01 BMW 740iL
    Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

They ended up coming out pretty sweet, I plan on refinishing them over the winter

I mounted them up, and they changed the whole look of the car-- the offsets are great and they look rad as hell.

So obviously the rake stance wasn't cutting it, so the rear got cranked down and shown the royal treatment!

That's really all the photos I have of the car right now, I left my camera at a friend's house the other day and haven't retrieved it yet :/

'93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
      '01 BMW 740iL
      Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

I like this, loving seeing Jags on here. Looks great with the style 5s too.
        sigpic
        04 X-type | 2.5L 5-speed | KW Coilovers | 19x9.5 bbs style (not real) wheels w/ 245/35/19s | Mina Gallery exhaust | Specter intake | slotted and drilled rotors | race seats | Redline leather shift boots and suede steering wheel wrap | black mesh grills | Cosmo racing short shifter | trunk lip spoiler | euro front bumper blades |

Comment

Rowdy content inside

Interior mods include a beer tap shifter, purchased off a forum member a couple weeks ago-- Vanden-Plas seats front and rear are in the plans, as well as new speakers all around, an a new head unit. A hardwood trunk is also in the making, but moving slowly unfortunately.

Performance mods are slim for this car, but an intake will have to do for now. I went through a loud exhaust phase but the cops kept trying to settle the ruckus, which isn't great, so it's back to stock exhaust for now-- a 2 inch to 2.5 inch straight pipe, dumping right before the passenger side rear wheel via two 3 inch chiseled tips is in the cards.

I'm stoked to update this with better photos, as soon as I go and pick up the camera from my friend's house (who should be joining soon, and making a thread on his newly acquired supercharged miata)

'93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
          '01 BMW 740iL
          Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

Originally posted by JagRacer View Post
            I like this, loving seeing Jags on here. Looks great with the style 5s too.
            Thanks! Hopefully more and more people in the states will start modding these XJ40's, they're cheap as hell and I've had great luck as far as reliability is concerned.

'93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
            '01 BMW 740iL
            Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

i love seeing cars like this with jersey plates, i'm down by lbi and never see anything but civics.
              1997 Jeep Cherokee, 33's, 4.5 inch lift *gone but not forgotten*

1994 Acura Integra *gone and totally forgotten*

1987 BMW 528e *rip lil homie*

2010 Subaru Impreza

insta: @georgiebrums

Comment

Yeah, Jags get a lot of shit but as with any used car, if you do your research and learn the problem areas and fix them before they become an issue they are awesome. I LOVE my X-type, I cant wait to get more done to it. I'm also thinking about picking up a V12 XJS. I've been dying to get one, and it has to be a V12.
                sigpic
                04 X-type | 2.5L 5-speed | KW Coilovers | 19x9.5 bbs style (not real) wheels w/ 245/35/19s | Mina Gallery exhaust | Specter intake | slotted and drilled rotors | race seats | Redline leather shift boots and suede steering wheel wrap | black mesh grills | Cosmo racing short shifter | trunk lip spoiler | euro front bumper blades |

Comment

Originally posted by JagRacer View Post
                  Yeah, Jags get a lot of shit but as with any used car, if you do your research and learn the problem areas and fix them before they become an issue they are awesome. I LOVE my X-type, I cant wait to get more done to it. I'm also thinking about picking up a V12 XJS. I've been dying to get one, and it has to be a V12.
                  XJS' are some of my favorite cars. We just had an x-type at our dealership, which we've had to replace both catalytic converters, the motor, map sensor, and the check engine light is still on-- all under warranty, not so good for us little guys! I hope yours is much sweeter to you hahaha. It's amazing, this car was immaculate when we got it, and right after it sold it had all these problems lol.

'93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
                  '01 BMW 740iL
                  Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

Originally posted by lolwtfomgbbq View Post
                    i love seeing cars like this with jersey plates, i'm down by lbi and never see anything but civics.
                    Yeah man, there's heaps of civics and golfs in the area. Not saying they aren't great cars to see, but a little variety never hurt anyone.

'93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
                    '01 BMW 740iL
                    Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

This is cool, didn't like it on the vette wheels but now it's looking slick
                      1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                      1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Looking awesome, my dude.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

style 5s looks great. good comeback on them too.

instagram-brandonmckiernannn

Comment

Originally posted by Randomofodication View Post
                            This is cool, didn't like it on the vette wheels but now it's looking slick
                            I liked it for a while, but they just don't do it for me any more.

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                            Looking awesome, my dude.
                            Thanks a lot!

Originally posted by BrandonMcKiernan View Post
                            style 5s looks great. good comeback on them too.
                            They needed it. They still need work but I'll take good care of them over the winter
                            '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
                            '01 BMW 740iL
                            Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

too cool. love it

IG: Nick475

Comment

Working...
                              X