Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olie's E32 with B11 running gear.

Hi everybody

My name is Olie, thought I'd join up to hopefully meet a few new like minded people, get help and advice etc!

Anyway, my next project is one with huge sentimental value to me, as it is my old family car from when I was a young lad.

The car in question is an '88 BMW 730ise, but with a twist.

NCB Autokraf built this E32 into full Alpina B11 spec when it was about 4 years old, using all new parts bought direct from Alpina.

Once completed, they sold it to my old man, and he used it for the next decade or so. When the car got to 100k miles, he took it off the road and replaced it with something else.

Many cars have come and gone, but my Dad could never bring himself to part with the E32. It's sat on my Grandmothers drive for around a decade, being practically unused.

Anyway, my Dad was finally forced to accept he wasn't going to use the 32 again and sent it to the garage to be recomisioned, ready for sale.

I enquired about the car, as I didn't really want to see it sold either, at which point I was told "If you want it, have it!"

So there we are, that's a bit of history about the car! Sorry to bore you haha, but as you can probably tell, very important car to me this one!

Plans at the minute:

Mild restoration as time and money allow, I want this looking the way it did the first time I saw it (Condition wise)

Stance. Need the front going down quite a lot! Currently researching E34 coilovers, any input welcome!

Rims. I don't think the splits that are on it suit it very well to be honest, I'm currently thinking about OZ Futuras in 17x 9 and 10j flavour!

So there it is, sorry for the long first post!

Any input, comments, advice or whatever welcome

Olie
    Last edited by SomeLankyGuy; 12-06-2013, 12:46 AM.
    Alpina Engined E32 Build / KW Variant 1's / 10j PLS Evolutions

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=48414

Awesome history! I'm in to see where this goes, and I agree with you about the wheels. Futuras would look great. If it were my car I'd skip coilovers and go for air, though.
    1973 Super Beetle-- Blue Zombie, 1988 635csi, 1962 Volksrod-- Little Bug

Comment

Cheers man

Yeah, the wheels, I mean, I like them as wheels, but I just don't dig them on this.

I'll probably refurb them, (polished lips, anthracite centres) see if I change my mind, if not I'll keep them for a future E36 Touring project I have planned.

I thought futuras woere a good shout as they're quite clean cut, and I think they'll suit the straight, clean, lines of the 32 quite well! I'm up for suggestions though, my wheel knowledge is okay but nothing extraordinary!

Interesting yo usay that about air... I'd not really considered it, but as this car is going to be nothing but a pimp weekend cruiser, I guess it can't hurt haha

I'll look into air kits!

Comment

Multispokes from a E39 Alpina may look good to?

Comment

Cleaned up, and a few bits to go on.

Tow bar off.

Stack oil pressure gauge.

KW Variant 1's, with BC camber plates

PLS Evolution 1's, 17x8.5/10J, ET 14/15 5x112, 15mm PCD adapters

Olie

Comment

so much potential! this is gonna look pretty sweet with the wheels and coilovers!
            Instagram - marcuscreek ---- facebook - /cusbum

Static Low R50 Mini Cooper

Comment

Seriously excited for this.

Comment

Ow yes!! Love this 7 series! Great potential u have with this car! Treat it well

Comment

Cheers lads

There are quite a few rough bits around the car but I think I'll focus on getting it built for now and worry about bodywork in the summer.

I'm thinking 205/45/17 & 235/40/17 Nankang NS2's for the tyres. I think 215 rears will look a bit skinny on a 7?

Only other ideas I'm batting around at the minute are all red rears, Hella smoked crosshairs up front and a subtle stainless system, nothing boy racer. Maybe a nice 750 interior if something comes up. Then just restoration.

Comment

Very exciting stuff in here.
                    Basco

Comment

Those wheels look sick! Should look good
                      Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

Cheers, will keep you updated! Hoping to have it on the road this week or next

Comment

I'm up for suggestions though, my wheel knowledge is okay but nothing extraordinary!

Comment

I'm in to see where this goes, and I agree with you about the wheels.

Comment

Got the KW's fitted.

Old and new(ish)

In this photo you can see the new calipers, new pads and new brake lines as well as the KW coilover!

Same again, new calipers, lines and pads up front

BC Camber plates

It's even lower now it's settle a bit haha. Just been out to give it a quick wash, couple of pics can't hurt

I was disappointed with the amount of camber the plates had given me, until I took this shot aha

Will order a pair of 15mm adapters this week and go from there, I think I'm going to need 20 or even 25 for the front so I'm holding off ordering the second pair until I test a 15mm

Ordered a load of little bits of trim off a breaker, I'll post meore details of those when they show up.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for reading

Comment

Working...
                              X