No announcement yet.

Kielan's #commonsilver B5 S4 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it's that time, in the next few days I will be ordering Frankenturbo F21s, a FX400 6 puck clutch, injectors, and a few maintenance items to go "Stage 3-". In this phase I'm shooting for 300-325 whp (really dependent on the tune).

This winter (after January) I will finish upgrading the fuel system and be a full "stage 3" potentially "stage 3+" if I do meth injection. That should put me at around 375-400 whp, depending on how aggressive the tune is and if I do Meth.

I'm super excited though, not only will I be making decent power, but at this point, pretty much everything that needs to be replaced, will have been replaced, and it should be much more reliable (because I won't have shitty KO3s). New turbos go in, in 2 weeks. I can't wait. I'll be sure to update this thread with pictures and a few videos!
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Sweet, My dad still has his. I miss mine

Comment

Here are some fun pictures.

The new turdos

Clutch going on.

New Timing Belt on

One pretty fucked up KO3.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Holy crap that turbo was spent.

Nice work man.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Originally posted by andybob View Post
            Holy crap that turbo was spent.

Nice work man.
            Lol yup, that's what happens when your oil feed lines are completely clogged and no oil is getting to the turbo.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

DAMN! Time for some amsoil in that bitch and filter/drain plug magnets.

Comment

Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
                DAMN! Time for some amsoil in that bitch and filter/drain plug magnets.
                It's because they get so damn hot because of their location, the oil just gets cooked in there and after some time royally effed. These cars are so stupid with shit like that. Replaced the lines and now it should be mint. I pick the car up tomorrow, I cannot wait. I have to baby it for like 500 miles of city driving because of the break in period, but it's going to be awesome and I cannot wait. Gotta get an 85mm MAF and new plugs ASAP and then I'll be gucci to start romping on it with a retune for the MAF.

Gah I cannot wait.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

That's weird that the damage is one blade. it almost looks like debris.

Comment

Nah, that's how mine looked when they came out. Silly cars

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

• Wow. When my turbo's bearings let go I had damage on the outside edge of all the compressor fins.

Comment

• Will be watching this. Did you read up on the coolant tap of the f21 and the wastegates?
                        //S4
                        instagram: gpoloo

Comment

• Originally posted by gpolo View Post
                          Will be watching this. Did you read up on the coolant tap of the f21 and the wastegates?
                          Yes, we didn't swap my WGs over because my KO3 ones were shot, so we took a chance on the Frankens, the number of people reporting failures isn't that high though, it's typical forum stuff. Only post when you have a problem, not when everything is fine, you know?
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Did this twice in 4 days, once to swap the alt, the second time to tighten the power line on the back because I didn't enough when I had it out and that was causing not fun problems. So live and learn there.

Got new plugs, I'll put those in on Friday.

Once my 85mm MAF housing comes I'll throw on the more aggressive file. Just gotta get new SMICs and an 044 fuel pump. At some point this winter so I can really dial the tune in and have a nice reliable car. And then its time for wheels and Meth.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Sausage rolls & Lucozade
                              Build Thread:Bagged Integra Type R DC2.

Comment

• Did you drive through Villanova, PA sometime in the past week or two? I was on the way back from smashburger and I saw a silver B5 S4 Avant that exited onto 476.

Comment

Working...
                                X