Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1988 MR2 Supercharged... almost stanced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

youll be at bear mtn?........ what by yourself? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Deltron View Post
      youll be at bear mtn?........ what by yourself? Lol
      lol wherever kielan decides the meet is gonna be haha. i kind of got the whole meet planning thing started a while back but then my car took longer and longer to get done, it was 100.0000% done mechanically (minus the wheels, that's a whole other story) until i ripped part of my frame out on monday . thankfully kielan has been doing WORK organizing this shit, without him it would never be planned out like it is now.
      1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
      Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

i love it! need MOAR pics
        sigpic

Comment

FINALLY, a good pic of my car with the BBSs on it. I still need to spin the coils down a LOT but I only have 3 wheels on and the car is currently aligned so I don't want to mess with it/get another alignment until I have all 4 BBSs on.

Positive OR negative opinions are very much welcome, but will likely be kindly disregarded because I LOVE how it looks

One more with me outside the driver's door (I'm 6'5"):

Lastly, here are before/after pictures and a before video of my "front motor mount debacle:"

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

After (paint is clearly still wet):

Comment

Your car makes me want an MR2 again.

Originally posted by Moose
            And roof racks with random shit on it, stop that.

Comment

Do it! You won't regret it, trust me. The driving dynamics and "feel" of this car are like none other that I've driven, including some pretty high end/performance cars (C6 Z06, ISF, 300C SRT8, Nismo 350Z, etc.). There's just nothing like it, they don't make cars like the AW11 anymore!!!!

Comment

How hard is engine maintenance and work on these cars?

Comment

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                  How hard is engine maintenance and work on these cars?
                  Not toooo bad, once you take the intercooler off (2 hose clamps, obviously), it's pretty much like working on a tight front engine/FWD setup. Getting to any of the pulleys requires the dropping of the motor, though.

By the way, I put the car in storage until April or May this afternoon, here are two pics that my friend snapped last week, never did get a proper photoshoot of the eeeeeeeMR2 this year, 2011 will bring more excitement:

Over the winter I am going to put 1" wider barrels on the front two wheels for moar stretch and moar low

After dialing in my coils, little to nothing will be done to the car until I can make her look like this (K20 swap):

Comment

So sick man, awesome progress. Can't wait to see future updates.

flickr

Comment

Thanks man. It's only been 70 days since I put it away for the winter and it feels like a lifetime . Still got about 150 days to got

Here is a photoshop my friend did of how the car will look lowered a little in the rear and an inch or two in the front:

Comment

You car sits so pretty!
                        sigpic

Comment

pretty sure i saw you at LVD on the 6th this thing was riding limiter

Jacques Cousteau could never get this low

Comment

Originally posted by mo diesil View Post
                            ha your supposed to
                            sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1378227303

Comment

Originally posted by dav3design View Post
                              You car sits so pretty!
                              thanks my dude, I'm so happy with how it is turning out, I've wanted a "stanced" MR2 since like 2007 so I'm glad I'm realllll close

Originally posted by mo diesil View Post
                              Lol november 6th? I was there everyyy wednesday in June/July/August but this car has been in storage since August 28th or so and I go to school in NYC so I haven't been to LVD since then haha. I know all the regulars at LVD, are you a regular?

Originally posted by sixty-nine-dime View Post
                              ha your supposed to
                              hahhaha theres a video of me running my mom's minivan at LVD let me see if I can find it.

Minivan - SUCKSIntegra - K20/K24, 4088R, built motor, PPG gears, 10.8 @ 123, best run of the night - 10.74 @ 132mph

hahaha there it is, that's me in the white minivan in the right line in the first run in the video, then a local K20/K24 turbo DC2 integra in the left lane in the second run
                              Last edited by kramerbuccs24; 11-13-2010, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Car looks amazing, keep up the great work, can you please post a high resolution of this picture!!! thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                                X