A real simple, daily beaten, family haulin' Honda build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A real simple, daily beaten, family haulin' Honda build

The name is Jonathan but most people know me as Z (last initial). Hai.
    Here's the story of my 2005 Honda Accord sedan that I purchased CPO in July of 2008. Its a k24 5MT and it was meant to replace my gas guzzling, 01 5.4L Eddie Bauer Expedition and stay stock with a few minor mods. This didn't happen. I've had a few modded vehicles prior to this and never truly "finished" them so that left a hole that needed to be taken care of. Hence my slow, on the cheap build up of my Accord. There's nothing fancy about it and it hauls the family all over the damn place. Here are the pictures in order from the beginning to now (7/2013).

My old DA. This guy was sold in 2005 because it was too damn difficult to transport three vehicles, a wife and two young kids from the Florida Keys where I was stationed to Nothern Cali. I miss this car.

Here's excatly what my car looked like when I bought her. This picture is not my car but one borrowed from the interwebz.

Boring as fuck right?

Anyway, fast forward a couple months and I picked up a set of Tein S Tech springs and 06-07 Accord 6 speed wheels in their hellaciously weak specs of 17x6.5 with a springle sprangle of +55.

I don't know what the fuck was going through my head with this stage but it didn't last very long. Tinted lights? Seriously?

Got rid of the tinted lights and threw on a proper retrofit. E46 projectors with E46 shrouds and 5000k bulbs. These things are still on the car three years later.

After this stage, the car went into storage for a year while I was deployed to the sandbox. When I came back, I brought the car out of storage and got myself an OEM replica front lip, HeelToe spec Function and Form Type I coilovers and some TE37 replicas (got them for a steal off my buddy) spec'd at 18x8.5 +25 with Falken rubber sized 225/40.

Painted the weak ass stock sideskirts to match the body.

Got tired of the silver wheels and painted them gloss black.

Six months later, I transferred to CT and traded those reps for these Evo X GSR wheels sized 18x8.5 +38 for that OEM+ look. (Those stickers on the back window are long gone except for the OIF vet one below the third brake light)

June of 2013, got tired of the OEM silver wheels and tried my hand at replicating Volk's magnesium blue. Stripped the wheels down and threw down black primer and covered that with high heat blue. I think they came pretty close. Hard to tell in pictures but in person you can see the way the color shifts in the light.

And that's where she sits now.

This is my crossroads. These Falkens are due to be replaced soon and I'm not sure if I should go with a narrower tire (215/40) and wind the coils down or go with a wider tire (235/40) and go with a meaty fitment. I do plan on going air as well as hang a snail off the block. I also drive pretty aggressively so winding the coils down will negate that.

That's her story. Expect this thread to be updated very slowly as this has been going for the last four years. Thanks.
    Last edited by CrackerTeg; 07-28-2013, 01:31 PM.
    Sup. Call me Z.
    My Accord "build".

Me gusta.

Love the fact that you did a proper retrofit and not some half-assed eBay junk headlights.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

I like it very clean my friend has the same car very fun to drive feels light and handles well.

Comment

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
        Me gusta.

Love the fact that you did a proper retrofit and not some half-assed eBay junk headlights.
        Thanks Chris. I'm looking to swap the current projectors with a set of FX-R's but I'm fairly satisfied with how these have been performing.

Originally posted by Slycas28 View Post
        I like it very clean my friend has the same car very fun to drive feels light and handles well.
        For what it is, you're absolutely right. It surprised me when I bought it.

Thanks for the love guys.
        Sup. Call me Z.
        My Accord "build".

Comment

Very tastefully done and you don't see too many of this generation Accord being modded, at least around here.
          Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

+55 springlesprangle. That's a lot of springlesprangle.

Glad you got rid of the reps. We've all been there Love the Evo wheels doe.

The car's rad, mang. Simple and very slick. Thanks for showing us all!

But I vote meat fitment. That's mah jam. Maybe drop it down to 16's too?

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

Yeah, weak shit. It is weak ass stock springlesprangle though. This car would look silly on 16's. It originally had 15" steelies and I now have 16" steelies for winter duties. If anything, I can step down to 17's but not sure on my next move.
              Sup. Call me Z.
              My Accord "build".

Comment

Ghey.
                "I know I'm not Stance|Works material. I'm just a fan. " - Stretchd8

"Jesus must love me " - FittedDownLow

Comment

Go fuck yourself Mike!
                  Sup. Call me Z.
                  My Accord "build".

Comment

Love this man. Just bought an 04 and want to do something similar. I liked the tinted lights tho!

Comment

Like I said in the OP, I don't know what I was thinking in that stage. I could barely see at night and cops loved to give me fix it tickets. Thanks for the love though.
                      Sup. Call me Z.
                      My Accord "build".

Comment

How was the coilover install process? Fairly straight forward? Any tips or suggestions?

Comment

Pretty straight forward. I did use a big ass 2x4 to get the rear suspension to drop far enough to get the stock strut out. You'll know it when you get to it.
                          Sup. Call me Z.
                          My Accord "build".

Comment

not generally a fan of hondas, but i have no complaints. clean, tasteful, and practical. carry on sir, i'm excited to see where this goes.

Comment

You and me both.
                              Sup. Call me Z.
                              My Accord "build".

Comment

Working...
                              X