Masquerade's Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masquerade's Build Thread

My name is Edgaras and I'm from a place called Lithuania. Roads are an issue to say the least. Called Masquerade, the car's a Moskvich 412 and it has a really "interesting" story. Bought 8 years ago for 20$ and planted as a "someday" project. Here's the car:

Beauty, wasn't it?
    Last edited by Edgar.; 03-15-2013, 12:10 PM.
    The Moskvich. (Video)

Looks like a lawn ornament, but in a god way.
    @jroc561
    71' 240z, 03' CL55, 04' CayenneTT

Comment

I am really excited to see this get started. A lot of work and hours to be done, but should be stunning when you get it to a good place.

Comment

A Moskvich on stance works?
        What's the plan for this beast?
        I'm really looking forward to see how this turns out.
        E30 build

Comment

unexpectedly

Comment

Russia has many good projects based on Moskvich....
            for example:

Your Moskvich looks tortured by life...you have to do a lot of hard work... I wish you success

Comment

Since the car was driven for a short period of time and put a side, only the shell took the damage. I parted the whole car, salvaging and storing everything i could for future use. Only taking the axles and the heart. They will be restored for something MUCH more special. You'll see...
              The Moskvich. (Video)

Comment

I didn't expect to see that
                E30 build

Comment

What the hell?

Cheap ain't badass, badass ain't cheap.

Comment

Then the idea came to use the battered one's axles and engine to ignite this beast:
                    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxPmOsflvg8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxPmOsflvg8[/ame]

The 2 tone is the base car. The other green and grey are for parts and believe me, w/o these donors, the cost to rebuild a 59 car from Russia is out of budget.
                    Since i wanna keep the original look, the wheels will stay (with hubs), but widened for sure. Not sure what paint (maybe even chrome) i will use for them, but I'm looking forward for white-walls also.
                    We'll use the 412's engine, since this one has a 1,1l. It would hardly reach the speed limit and the 412's 1.5l is enough since the car is far from aerodynamic. It's rly short and thin.. You'll see later that the 412's engine is very similar to the BMW's 2002.

Anyways it's a full restoration for the Masquerade. The goal is to have it done before summer ends. It'll be a daily-driven until winter.

Cheers, o and sorry for my english.
                    Last edited by Edgar.; 03-16-2013, 11:20 AM.
                    The Moskvich. (Video)

Comment

You should throw in an old chevy v8 in there. 1.5l seems so small D:

Did you take that video? The video really showcases the cars, great editing and shooting!

Wish we had these cars over here in the states

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                        You should throw in an old chevy v8 in there. 1.5l seems so small D:

Did you take that video? The video really showcases the cars, great editing and shooting!

Wish we had these cars over here in the states
                        Being in high school and affording a v8 is something i can't do sadly, since I'm planing to put miles on it. The 1.5 will purr nicely. I have plans for it to do so.
                        Me and my friends filmed it and 2 other editing genies made it happen.
                        The Moskvich. (Video)

Comment

I started working on the rear axle. Disassembled. Got another log with a faster axle head (reducer or wth it's called). Switched. time for some grinding.

Pixie dust.

The original axle head.

Got another axle with a faster reducer

a

Took the original axle and the faster head.

Time for some grinding.
                          The Moskvich. (Video)

Comment

Later on:

Cheers.
                            The Moskvich. (Video)

Comment

This is so cool! That video is great man, gives a real feel for the cars

Comment

Working...
                              X