BMW e28, Flexaholic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW e28, Flexaholic.

it's about time i put up a build thread for my new car. some of you might know i had a scirocco mk2 Scala, but i sold that one to make way for the e28

oh and FYI, Flexing means angle grinding in holland :P

this is how i got it, great color Zinnoberrot! it's pretty stock but already had some lowering springs, but they didn't make the cut!

there is some rotten spots in the rear wheel arches, but that will be taken care of. but also gives space for some improvements and possibilities.

after driving arround for a while, i found a nice broad set (8 and 9j) styling 32's for el cheapo, not much damage little curb rash, and the paint looked like hell.
    fitted them with 225-45-17 and 245-40-17's and test fitted them.

looking like this, but the wheels where hitting the fenders in the rear. since they are rotten just grind bits out!

you all know its way to high, had to kick off some sherpa's in the morning that where using my hood as a base camp for klimbing mount everest.

so the first cut was made

abit of work, but not low enough!

after doing all this, there was alot of snow so it stood on winter tires. since the summer rims where off i wanted to paint them becous the paint on the rims were messed up.

and now my brother became serious, he couldnt let me drive arround like this so he whipped out his angle grinder aggain and we got to work.

Before

then removed this

After

and this is as it sits today.

i still got a little to do list

wich includes building my own rear wheel arches
    remove some rust spots
    a front spoiler
    and respray the whole car. i've seen some of you guys do that by yourselfes and i'm going to try that myself!
    oh jeah and make the trim's shadowline for extra awesome

tell me what you think, and tell me your ideas what i could do next.

greets Thomas.
    Last edited by fpsthomas; 02-11-2013, 09:21 AM.

Looks good man!

I love the color.

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
    Originally posted by nickskater09
    I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

Good!
      Check us out @ Facebook: Flatworx

Comment

yeah, when you've done all the shadow-lining, this will be sweeeeeet
        Lucas
        Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
        Originally posted by LCG
        High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

This is gonna be Nice !

Love the Shadow linen idea !

Comment

Originally posted by milano_red View Post
            Looks good man!

I love the color.
            Originally posted by iloow View Post
            Good!
            thanks guys!

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
            yeah, when you've done all the shadow-lining, this will be sweeeeeet
            Originally posted by bmwstefan View Post
            This is gonna be Nice !

Love the Shadow linen idea !

i'll be starting on the shadowlining as soon as the weather helps a bit. still too cold for the paint to dry

Comment

Nice work. Are you sticking with the same color?

Comment

Originally posted by M M View Post
                Nice work. Are you sticking with the same color?
                Yeah its awesome and saves work inside of doors and such

Comment

i forgot to tel this,
                  after flexing springs they came loose when there was no load on the wheels. so installed shorter shocks(konis) from an e30.
                  here some pics to see the difference between the shocks.

it drives alot better with these shock's less "bouncy" i guess.

and i bought a spoiler to fit the e28, found a cheap pfeba front spoiler. dont have pics of it yet, but i found a picture on google for refference. ill post some pics whenn i've painted it and mounted it.

i'll keep u guys posted

Comment

If you think about shadowlining the car, sell all the chrome bits. They are worth more than what you paid for the car
                    The same goes for the shocks, they are as good as new.

I still miss the old boat, but I like what you have done with the stance!

Comment

Originally posted by Jurriuit View Post
                      If you think about shadowlining the car, sell all the chrome bits. They are worth more than what you paid for the car
                      The same goes for the shocks, they are as good as new.

I still miss the old boat, but I like what you have done with the stance!
                      how cool to see you here!
                      your car hasn't let me down a bit! ill keep the shocks for the rear or for my brothers e28 if he needs them! and ill look into the chrome lining! thanks for the tip.
                      are you going to the sharknose meeting this year? that's your chance to see it again, it might already have new wheel arches by then!

Comment

It's good to hear she hasn't let you down. It's an old beast but she has proven to be very reliable to me, if she is treated with some respect.

I found an old pic of how beautiful the colour is when freshly polished:

I will not be attending the sharknose meeting I think. Am afraid I'm not welcome there with my new ride

Comment

haha ok, looks great.
                          what are you driving now then? are we going to find that ride on this site?

the paint has some little spots so i'm thinking about a complete respray in zinnoberrot after al the little dents and rust spots are tackeld.

the color hella awesome. thanks for the photo!

Comment

I now drive a 2004 Toyota Corolla T Sport, with Dakar-style stance... Looks like a granddad's ride but is pretty damn fast.

If you think about repainting, it should certainly be zinnober red. I think it is the best colour for an E28.

Comment

totally agreed on the color.

but from a bimmer to a toyota? ;P

Comment

Working...
                              X