E30 or E46????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 or E46????????

So I need a daily driver because I will be selling my Honda. I was pretty set on an E30 but an E46 coupe that's been in a little wreck popped up locally for $2,000. I LOVE E46'S! A new quarter for the car will cost about $275 (plus paint and my time). OPINIONS NEEDED. Thanks, guys, I knew I could count on you.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

e30
    I drive what I want, and what I ain't drivin' I don't want...

Comment

There is no way a new quarter panel costs 250 for an E46. Unless you mean a front fender? And if that's the case, buying a car that's been in a wreck no matter how big or small is asking for problems.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

e46

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

HAHA! Stewbert you so funnay.

The $275 is true though! The site I used is car-part.com. The guys at the yard said it was the site they use for parts.

Anyway, I got over it. I want an E30 again. Like you said, Kielan, I'd be asking for problems. And no one likes fixing things like that. It's better to just get in and drive.

Builds:

Comment

How do you expect not to have problems buying a 20+ year old e30?
            emkayIV

Comment

Originally posted by ratty View Post
              How do you expect not to have problems buying a 20+ year old e30?
              Out of 4-5 friend owned e46's, and well over 20 personally/ friend owned e30's, the e30's have a much better track record. They're older, yes, but they are also much, much simpler and cheaper to fix. I know of several 200k+ mile e30's(including a friends rallycross car) who's engines have yet to be opened beyond the valve cover.

tl;dr: Much simpler, less to go wrong and cheaper to fix.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

Here's how you decide.

-Jump in your current car, start it up, and head for your nearest ATM.
                -Take out the money you want to spend on either car, put it in your wallet.
                -Go and test drive both cars
                -On your way home, open your driver's side window while on the expressway
                -Open your wallet outside the window while driving down the road.
                -Go home and cry
                -Decide which car you like best and make a decision.

My vote for a daily driver would be an E46 based on comfort and quality- just not the E46 you mentioned. A $2000 E46 is going to have a salvage title, which is a giant headache. E30's are cool, but comfortable is one thing they are not. Besides, I'm sure you'd like something built with some kind of regard for safety in mind too.

If you want the middle of the road, buy an E36 325i or something similar.
                BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                Originally posted by Ollie
                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

E46 because i want to keep the e30 count down to a min.
                  IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
                    E46 because i want to keep the e30 count down to a min.
                    Yes, but trust me, you'll want to see the one this guy builds. He's good people, Rob

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                      Yes, but trust me, you'll want to see the one this guy builds. He's good people, Rob
                      in that case lol

Bro dont dig your own grave stay away from a e46 lol E30 ftw!
                      IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Why did you skip E36?

My opinion: E30, its kinda nice but if you want car that handles and is decent to drive go for E46, on E46 you just should check few things when buying it, first of all don't buy under 2.5L engines, second don't buy prefacelift

For range of 3-series, E36 325i would be ok daily driver as doesn't take that much gas and its pretty solid. better engines than E30 and more balanced chassis. and most of all cheap parts!
                        Project car: MB 190E M50 Turbo build
                        Now: MB W211 320cdi
                        Ex:MB 190E M50, BMW E39 530d

Comment

I skipped the E36 simply because... I think they're kinda sorta ugly.

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                          : D Thanks, man! Oh yes yes, it will the cooliest ever. I'm obviously not going to swap a non BMW engine because that would ruin the glamorous idea and concept of what a BMW is. Like a 5.0. Who does these things?

Builds:

Comment

Originally posted by M.Doban View Post
                            I skipped the E36 simply because... I think they're kinda sorta ugly.
                            You bite your goddamn tongue.
                            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                            Originally posted by Ollie
                            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                              You bite your goddamn tongue.
                              hell yeah...after all it is a bmw...
                              I drive what I want, and what I ain't drivin' I don't want...

Comment

Working...
                              X