my daily grind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my daily grind

hey guys, thought id make a build thread since all my pics go to waste on my comp.

currently own a 1986 BMW 325es. comes with a M20B27 i6 & is a 5 speed manual.
    -had the car for almost 3 years now. owned a 86 jeep Cherokee before- that was lifted/ 38.5 boggers/tube
    bumpers/ hummer chop mod ect.. but started college and needed a car that could drive on the freeway.

$800 later, and i drove home the e30.

didnt take many pics as it was not that special, after a wash and fully cleaning the carpet/ interior i quickly wanted a tucked front bumper. also made a rear valance to help the look of the car

then i ended up rear-ending a new Mercedes suv.

pulled the rad. support back out with my brothers e34 and bent the hood/ fenders into a more normal state

decided i wanted to play with my bad hood, pulled off all the paint and rusted it.
    rocked that for a few months.

got boring quick and then painted it my fav color. Purple.

Last edited by CHIF8008; 11-25-2012, 03:05 AM.
    -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
    -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
    MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
    Got Drop??

ended up pulling the gun on a JOM coilover kit;

Bimmerfest drive:

not crazy low, but good for what i paid;

ended up modifying the coilovers to gain some lows up front;

- by this time i had already fab'd up a skid plate, raised my motor, and skid plated my exhaust after a rub through/ break issue;

-plated the exhaust;

-skid plate:

Canber kit to correct the excessive camber e30's naturally get;

cut

weld- (brothers work)

painted: why not?

installed:
    -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
    Got Drop??

Comment

That's a big change from 38.5 boggers lol

Look good man. What wheels are you thinking?

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
      Originally posted by nickskater09
      I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

Bimmerfest 2012;

brothers m52B28 swapped e21 next to mine

on the grass:
        spot the lows?

fast forward:
        wanna shorten my struts/ new shocks all around:

ended up cutting 2 1/2 in out. little more than i wanted but, i was forced to.
        -buddy of mine welded them up for me:

end result:

grabbed a pair of these: BILSTEIN ix HDs

along with new axles the rear got hyperco coils and agx adjustable shocks:

finished:

just as it set on the floor:

figured i was okay to move lol
        back up a few feet and the whole car settles into the dirt driveway:

that's the skid plate:

The car was into the floor: ended up raising it up to the top of the adjustment:

clearance:

daily that height up to date:
        plate gets pretty beat up from hitting reflectors and eventually a rig tire:

bend it back but i fear it was compromised: 2 weeks later and i bust the pan on the freeway during a bad freeway transition.

2 days prior:

so i have gotten my car where i wanted. i can set the entire front and rear on the floor static. now-
        fixed it with a new pan and got some wheels. finally!

first day with them on. adjustment is all the way up in front.
        16x7.5 AZEV ET20 4x100 W/polished lip & flat caps

crappy pic with caps on, was getting dark.
        Last edited by CHIF8008; 11-25-2012, 04:58 AM.
        Got Drop??

Comment

all for now: sorry for the picture dump. figured id start from the beginning

any questions or comments are welcome. been on the new coils at the current height/ on 14's you see for 3 months so far. only one pan destroyed, and i really just need to re-make the plate again. has taken quite a beating

new wheels literally went on yesterday, so cut me some slack please
          Last edited by CHIF8008; 11-25-2012, 04:52 AM.
          Got Drop??

Comment

pic of the jeep for good measure:

this thing loved mudd haha
            Got Drop??

Comment

2. I wish we could go that low here! the police would have that car off the road here within a day full stop.
              3. Keep up the good work!
              SlipperyDinosaur - http://slipperydinosaur.tumblr.com/

Comment

Nice dude, I didn't know you got wheels finally. They look great, what size are the tires on those things?

It has to suck driving that low on such soft front springs, mine was tough with 800lb ones. What's the ID of your front adjusters?

Comment

At first I loathed it so very much but its getting a lot better. Fix that purple crap. Your brothers e21 is very nice.
                  Volvo Build Thread
                  Bmw Build Thread
                  Toyota Build Thread
                  zanebonk instagram
                  Tumblrrrr

Comment

keep it up man, that thing is slammed as hell. i love it!
                    shitbox eg hatch.
                    bmw e36.
                    dc integra jdm type r.
                    del sol.

Comment

Dude! Crazy daily height! Looks good with decent rims now. I dont see how you smashed your oil pan with a skid plate? Keep it up!

Comment

+1 on the daily ride height. How are you not busting the pan every interstate change?

May just be the look of it, but I lol'd at your bro welding while self balanced on a bar, cuz you know otherwise welding is too easy:

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

All I could do was laugh and say holy shit. You shattered that pan.
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=38141

Comment

thank you everyone. tire size is 195/50R16.

whenever people tell me my car is low- i thank them and they look puzzled haha

Every transition the plate smashes and scares people. the constant grind thinned out the plate and eventually the plate had enough- so when i hit, the plate then flexed and contacted the pan.

yes, i can blow up reflectors, and i can 50/50 grind the freeway crown in certain lanes.

i deff. need stiffer and longer springs up front. 2.5 id springs will fit on the adjuster. tried finding a place that would sell just the top hat that i need but they all wanna come with camber adjustment plates. that's cool and all but i dont wanna shell out $ just to run different springs up front. may be forced to tho.
                            Got Drop??

Comment

and yes, my brother is balancing on that rail as he was welding the last one. came out okay haha
                              Got Drop??

Comment

Working...
                              X