Rosslyn: Aircooled Flatwindow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oprahhwinfreyy View Post
    Im just going to remove the dash pad altogether and leave it off.
    As for the beam. My dads friend is like a VW expert and has been working with them since the 70's so he will help with the beam. But as for right now I'm just going with spindles. Slammed low will have to wait a while.

Good call, I drove/lowered a few Balljoint bugs without dropped spindles and they ride really, really bad. If you wanna go pretty low later with a combination of adjusters and spindles you should consider narrowing the beam, It looks good too
    Nice bug btw
    Check out my Alfa restoration here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8l...7WzTiNj8Xy6C4A

Comment

Love it. Good luck man.
      Originally posted by Kyle_Eagleton
      Come to America. We have no rules. And plenty of fast food.

Comment

Originally posted by A4crn View Post
        Good call, I drove/lowered a few Balljoint bugs without dropped spindles and they ride really, really bad. If you wanna go pretty low later with a combination of adjusters and spindles you should consider narrowing the beam, It looks good too
        Nice bug btw

Yea I know. I guess you sorta have to narrow the beam anyways since the dropped spindles offset the wheel a little. With stock brakes and wheels, you couldnt really get past the fender without hitting the tire as it is (with being lowered farther than dropped spindles that is).

Comment

Cant wait to see progress.

Comment

Yea I know. I guess you sorta have to narrow the beam anyways since the dropped spindles offset the wheel a little. With stock brakes and wheels, you couldnt really get past the fender without hitting the tire as it is (with being lowered farther than dropped spindles that is).
            Yeah most dropped spindles offset the wheels a little, it gets worse if you change the rims later on. You can narrow between 2"-4" depending how you want it to look but it will reduce the turning radius the narrower you go. You can go 5"+ but you'll have to remove or redesign the shock towers.

Comment

sweet stinger!

Comment

I hope you guys a ready for a photo drop.

Comment

So I made a to do list. OCD forced me to write it in word instead of just writing in the thread. Sorry for so many pics.

Euro plate and unfinished coke chest that will be on the roof.
                  Last edited by oprahhwinfreyy; 12-26-2013, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Aaaah, stop writing and do work! I want to see this thing low and rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausager View Post
                      Aaaah, stop writing and do work! I want to see this thing low and rolling.
                      Im waiting to get the valves adjusted before Its lowered. Thatll be around next weekend.

Comment

Cool build. looks in a very good shape for the age.

those headlights and bumper are sweet, can you get those for yours?

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

Originally posted by DannyE32 View Post
                          Cool build. looks in a very good shape for the age.

those headlights and bumper are sweet, can you get those for yours?
                          The front fenders on that one are older. The holes with the bumper mounts come through are different so the mount is different. Therefore the mounts on the bumper are different. Correct me if im wrong anyone.

I also think you can retro fit older fenders to a newer model also. Might be something I do if I can find a good set around where I live before it gets painted.

Comment

You can go for the whole "early look" panels, you need to change front fenders, hood, front apron (for the bumper mount holes and bonnet), rear decklid, rear apron and tailights (maybe rear fenders too since you have the bigger lights). Personally I wouldn't go down that route, if I wanted and early car I would look for one, it will keep its character and value more with all original panels...later cars can look cool with some lowering and subtle mods..

Comment

Looking good man! If you like the sunk front beam look go for it, that's the style and all. I say just weld in adjusters and get the fitment looking close it's something you rarely see.
                              Join the dark side:The Boog Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by A4crn View Post
                                You can go for the whole "early look" panels, you need to change front fenders, hood, front apron (for the bumper mount holes and bonnet), rear decklid, rear apron and tailights (maybe rear fenders too since you have the bigger lights). Personally I wouldn't go down that route, if I wanted and early car I would look for one, it will keep its character and value more with all original panels...later cars can look cool with some lowering and subtle mods..

yea its a lot to do for an early look. the picture was just to represent the color I was wanting though. Im fine with the front bumpers the way they are.

Comment

Working...
                                X