Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Holland

Hi guys,

my name is Thomas 21 years young. Im from holland and have been browsing this forum/site for some time now. and at the same time looking for a car that fits my needs.

i went on a road trip with my brother for a bmw e30 with a M50b25 engine in it. but it had no future. then on the way home, my brother was browsing some forum's and found a nice Scirocco mk2 on a dutch VW forum.

called him and went over there. this is what we found

and we bought it. on a side note, it has some work.

the first thing what had to be done, where the connecting rod bearings. those made a really horrid noise :P

a shot from the engine bay

now a more serious matter, the rims. the standard steel mk 2 golf rims with the 155/80/13 tires on it would'nt do the trick. but it has been lowered with coilovers though.

so my brother has some MSW rims laying arround. so i can use those.
    it has 195/50/15 tires on them. these wouldnt fit becous of the plastic spoilers that go arround the scirocco. so we found a nice set of 185/45's to fit the rims

so this is how it sits now, but the hubcaps have been lackered now so they fit the rims better collor wise.

i think my 5.5cm groundclearance should do the trick for the hollidays. becous im driving it to hungary, and dont know what kind of roads they have there:P

hope its a bit stance worthy, i will be lowering it further and buying more oil sumps after the hollidays haha.

greets the netherlands, Thomas out!!
    Last edited by fpsthomas; 07-18-2012, 02:26 PM.

looks like a solid base, love the wheels
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

I have always loved Sciroccos, welcome

Comment

hungary will suck balls imo roadwise

nette rocco

kom ook ff langs in het belgisch/nederlands gedeelte
        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

great platform, def want to see wha'ts next...

welcome!

flickr

Comment

Not bad.

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
            Originally posted by Oxer
            You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
            Originally posted by Average_Jerk
            Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

welcome 2 stanceworks..

nice rocco..

jammer dat de e30 niks was..

Comment

Welcome and you're on the right track!

Post ook ff in de internationale sectie!

Greetz Gerben

Comment

thanks for the cool reactions!

i came back to holland with the rocco a few days ago, what had been said by p78. the roads are going to suck balls, true that! czech republik had the worst roads i have ever seen.
                  pot holes over 30cm deep cracks in the road the size of rivers. we had to be on our toes driving there. but we survived! only some minor scafing on the oil sump and the brackets of my stabalizing rod. and the exhaust had the most beating. but the exhaust sucks any way, a home made pipe...

here are some pictures

this one shows some ground clearance of the exhaust, wich doesnt really matter that much though.

this one messing arround with the VW german engineering sign :P

a hand wash by some hungarians! they did a good job on it.

and this picture is what we saw on the way back through austria. had to show it, pretty funny on the beer bottle.

also my speedo unit came a bit loose of the dashboard of the beating in czech republik.:P

one other thing, my valve seals ( dont know the english word) in the dutch klep hoedjes. are worn off. wen i changed my connecting rod bearings i found some pieces of plastic that broke off of something, i thought it might had been the big end bearing seal or something. but it was a valve seal. so if the engine runs on idle, it uses oil and looks like a steam boat:P im thinking about buying an other engine 2.0 l with a diesel transmission or something. becous the current engine has run 315.000 km's now and i think it hasnt got much more life in it.

any suggestions? or good options to consider. maybe put a r32 engine in it if i can make it fit. ideas are welcome!

groetjes Thomas

Comment

Working...
                  X