02 Audi A6 2.7t BiTurbo 6spd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 Audi A6 2.7t BiTurbo 6spd

Hey everyone, I thought I'd put up my daily here. I don't get much done to it due to my schedule but I do have some plans for it.

I was never that into Audi's but with the addition of my son we had to get a larger "family" car but since it would be a daily I wanted something 4wd and at least somewhat fun.

It is a 2002 Audi A6 2.7t BiTurbo 6spd. I bought it from the second owner. It originally came from Germany and was modified there for Autobahn cruising. It has been chipped up to 330hp and 425lb ft of torque. Suspension wise it has Koni Yellow shocks and springs that were custom made at a local unknown spring shop. I don't have any specs on them. Wheels are replica RS6's at 235 / 35 / 19.

It has basically all the options that were available from the dealer except for a sunroof and leather which I don't care to have anyway so I don't miss them.

Some of the features that were selling points for me apart from the previously mentioned:
    Heated cloth seats, rear seats pop up for a child booster seat, rear side window and rear window pull up shades, wall plug inverter, factory navigation/tv/radio/cd changer and subwoofer and hidden trailer hitch.

The car is a true cruiser, with the chipped ECU, BiTurbo and 6spd at regular highway speeds it is barely working and just floats along. We've taken it on several trips that saw average speeds over 100mph for 1-2 hours straight and it was just smooth and effortless.

These are old pics, the car currently is in desperate need of a good cleaning and as soon as the rain stops I will be doing a full detailing outside including a clay bar and inside with a wet-vac.

I know it could be a tad lower overall and especially in the rear but as it is a daily hauling the family around I like having just a bit more clearance for when we are on vacation with the back loaded up or when I'm towing a trailer.

Anyway, on to the pics:

The Daily: 02 Audi A6 2.7t BiTurbo 6spd
    The Project: My first car...revisited (73' Opel GT)

RS6 Conversion in the future ?

Comment

Originally posted by Arteeste View Post
      RS6 Conversion in the future ?
      Nah, it sounds like much more fun than I think it would actually be. From what I understand in addition to the bigger engine and wider track the RS models had the firewall moved backward to move the engine back further to get a better balance. To go to that effort it would just be simpler to find an RS6 chassis to begin with.

Performance wise I'm pretty happy with the car. After all it is a big tank of a thing, I'm not exactly sure but I bet the curb weight is well over 3000 pounds. However, with the upgrades it has I'm fairly satisfied for now.

My plans include an in-car PC setup as the factory radio/tv/navigation unit isn't that great and the last time the maps cd was updated was in 2004 so the gps nav part is nearly useless.

I'd also like to get it on air to be able to have it lower when I want to and yet still be able to tow and have it loaded to the roof when we go on vacations.

And finally I'd like to do some other upgrades such as better/larger brakes and some other comfort type issues like seats that actually hold on to me instead of the couch like ones it has now. So perhaps some of the RS parts will find their way on to my A6.

Comment

nice dump

liking ur plans
        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
          nice dump

liking ur plans
          i second this motion

Comment

if you decide to get rid of the factory nav, let me know

car looks fantastic now and will look super on air

Comment

Very beautyful car mister.

If I can give some advices:
              -New rims
              -A little lower
              -leather seats

But as I said, it looks good
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by softg View Post
                if you decide to get rid of the factory nav, let me know

car looks fantastic now and will look super on air
                Thanks, I will definitely let you know as it will be going, hopefully by this fall.

Originally posted by superturbodiesel.com View Post
                Very beautyful car mister.

If I can give some advices:
                -New rims
                -A little lower
                -leather seats

But as I said, it looks good
                Thanks. As far as rims, yes I want something with dish but I haven't decided what I want yet.

It will go lower once it is on air. I went up to BagRiders a couple weeks ago and talked about what I would need and planned out a setup. Just need to save up a bit more cash.

However I don't want the leather. The cloth seats were one of the reasons that I chose this particular car. I do want to re-do the fronts with RS6 seats for more support and possibly re-do them in alcantra.

Comment

Ok, for shure I will follow this thread Yeah, RS6 are more bucket seats, and leather is hot in the summer, and cold in the winter. Good plans!
                  sigpic

Comment

pics of motor bay?

Comment

I love these, tried to find a nice one instead of a 330ci a couple of years back. Subbed.

Comment

Just got back home yesterday, the car is currently filthy and needs a wash desperately. I will try to get a few updated shots this week after it gets a wash.

Comment

Working...
                        X