Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordzzz R53 Mini Cooper S

Heeey
    I though i'd come and introduce my r53 Mini Cooper S!

I had originally planned for about a year and a half of saving to buy a Mk5 Golf GTI, bag it and sit it on some nice wheels, but when it came to it I realistically didn't have enough money. However I had always said that i'd love a Mini Cooper S and so here we are!

I bought it in August 2011 and didn't plan to do anything to it until the winter was over, this way I could save some more money and do it right.

Heres how it stood after a good clean and a swap to a black honey comb grill, it originally came with a chrome one but I wasn't too keen.

Jordans Mini by Micheal Evans, on Flickr

Over the next few months of researching and reading about coilovers for the Mini it turns out there aren't that many options for new Minis that go low enough, most around the 50-65mm mark which is not what I wanted! I needed them to go low and I really wanted adjustable dampening as I didnt want to lose the great handling these come with from factory!

I took the plunge and we set about fitting them, on a day when it was absolutely pouring down with rain! We came across a few problems such as needing a new drop link and a bolt getting stuck , so it was a very long, wet, stressful day but we got there in the end!

I went for some FK KonigSports, they were at the top end of my budget, and I had read a lot of good things about them.

After fitting them and winding them down to the max, turns out they didnt go low enough
    So out came the helpers! (That's Josh's hand, not mine haha!)

However this meant that it was riding on the bumpstops and the ride was so awful! So these were later removed, which solved everything. It now rides perfectly again

So this is how it was sitting for a few days while i had my tyres fitted to my new wheels... oh and before it had to get through it's MOT...

After the MOT, we went about fitting the new wheels

Thankfully it all went very well!
    They're Rotiform BLQs in 17x8 with 195/40 flaken 912s. I love them so much, the finish on them is stunning. Luckily Josh spotted these back in January, and I nabbed them up sharpish at an awesome price!
    I'm happy with how it sits for now but it does need tweaking. I'm going to bring the whole car down another 5mm or so, and space the rears out. The camber from lowering has dragged the rears in quite a lot so that will be my next step.
    Thanks to Ben for these photos
    And a huuuuge thanks to my friends and boyfriend for helping me to get to this stage!

Comment

Pretty much all my friends own Hondas, and it was the South Mimms Honda meet a few days after I'd fitted the wheels. I was originally going to go with Josh in his CRX but I couldnt resist taking it long with the guys as I was so excited about it.

The Honda guys didnt seem to mind too much
      Heres a shot parked next to Josh's CRX

And heres a rolling shot someone in a 350z took on the way home

Comment

My Missus just got a Mini Cooper too, desperately telling her it needs modifying. But still convinced it looks best on the 15s.

As Josh is being gay and not coming Sunday, are you?

Comment

Love this!

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
            My Missus just got a Mini Cooper too, desperately telling her it needs modifying. But still convinced it looks best on the 15s.

As Josh is being gay and not coming Sunday, are you?
            I think 15's are waaaay to small for these! Mine came standard on 17's and I definitely think they look best.

I'm not sure yet, i'm only being put off by the fact is quite far away so the time we'd get there would probably mean we get shoved in a rubbish spot!

Comment

looks so dope!

Got any other plans for it?

Comment

*applause*
                95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

rear down a hair and itll be perfect
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

I wasn't too sure until the wheels went on. Very nice.

Comment

Thanks guys

Originally posted by NeilP View Post
                      looks so dope!

Got any other plans for it?
                      I do have other plans such as exhaust and engine work, I just need to get the money sorted first!
                      For now i'm just going to lower it a bit more, 5mm on the front and 10mm on the rear, space the rears a bit, dewiper the rear window and possibly just get a new tailpipe. So nothing major yet, just a few tweaks!

Comment

very nice looking!
                        BUSTER!
                        Low Standards
                        Seffer on the Stanceworks
                        sigpic

Comment

Looks great so far. You mentioned you were planning on doing some engine work, new supercharger pulley maybe?
                          Last edited by Alexander; 04-14-2012, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordzzz View Post
                            Thanks guys

I do have other plans such as exhaust and engine work, I just need to get the money sorted first!
                            For now i'm just going to lower it a bit more, 5mm on the front and 10mm on the rear, space the rears a bit, dewiper the rear window and possibly just get a new tailpipe. So nothing major yet, just a few tweaks!
                            nice!

Saw you're in bucks, are you going to be at HOMEgrown on the 27th?

Comment

Wicked stance dude! Car looks awesome!!

Sir Aston Jack the Legend!

BMW forum uk

Check out our new home page! >> BMW Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X