• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo Amazon

With a V8....

And a Lexus SC400 underneath....

The road to here:

Built a little subframe to match the width of the inside of the volvo rockers and to keep everything together.

Had to shorten the lexus 3" to get the wheelbase perfect:

More trimming and now they are one!

I am going to get the body dropped even more and build some fender flares sort of like this guy:

Mini update, had a few hours on it.... managed to get it about 2.5" lower with dropping the body more. Next up is levelling, squaring, and basically making sure the body is back where it belongs.

I had some help :

After a couple week delay I got to here:

I have been really debating what to do for flares etc, and i **** the super high positive offset wheels on there.

These are some wheels I bought years ago that are doing nothing....

18x9.5 and 18x8.5 both +35 offset....If I have to get flares....I might as well get flares and build this thing to fit some tires. rears are 265 vs the stock lexus 205 or 225 whatever they were. Plus if I go this wide there is still room on the inside of the wheel to go in so I could in the future get some 11" wide wheels and some really fat tires if required as well as letting me fit almost any wheel style, the previous method only allowed me tuner type wheels.

Keep in mind this car is still jacked up like a 4x4 and it will be coming down 2" lower with coilovers and the flares will tuck the wheels nicely. So in total I have to cut 4" of the fender out to allow for 2" uptravel at its destined ride height.

Onto the fenders, I went with pulled fenders, i just tacked the factory arch on to see what it would look like. I will find an arch off of some car at an auto wrecker that is about 2" wide and a bit bigger diameter.

I am going to alter both the curve of the pulled fender and the remaining curve on the body to make one gentle curve and blend it right in.

Im pretty excited about how its going to look.

I ended up shaping a piece of plywood to make a mold to hold the sheet metal where i wanted it and forced it into position with various lengths of 2x4's on the back side. It worked really well.

the joys of sheet metal work:

Rear end lowered to proper ride height, I just cut the springs for a quicky lower job, trimmed the fenders and now I can start on the wheel tubs.

Starting to look like a car again, and made some coilover adapters to ditch the stock strut things.

Coilover adapters to fit the lexus rear lower control arm:

First coat of blue stuff! Finally! Not looking forward to sanding most of it off.

Wheel tubs started:

Figuring out where to mount the fuel cell:

Once I'm happy with all the body and structural aspects it's moving to Independent Speed Shop to let Bill wire, plumb and make it run.

Yay Parts!!!

Did a bit of sanding to see what its gonna look like:

Trunk done other than where the coilover mounts go...waiting for my DOM to come in:

Ewwwwww, guess I have to build new rockers, and make them out of tube to make a perimeter frame now.

Out with the old rusty sh!t:

In with the new structural sh!t:

2x4 .120 wall, it will become my outer frame rail and something really solid to attach a cage too.

Made new coilover mounts:

Then on to the pedal assembly,
    This...

to this...

to this...

Oh and best find of the week, these zip disks are by far the best I've ever used. 7" costs only $4.14 at Raider. They cut FAST!!! and last a long ass time. Great value.

Pedals hung....

New plan for the crap I cut off:

Yay paint.

Ok....it has finally rolled out of the shop sprung on its own springs. F*ck what a great feeling.

Camaro hydraulic slave with custom line and quick disconnect:

Corporate whore day:

Some of Bill at Independent Speed shops work....making me nice brake lines, plumbing and wiring everything. Dash is not installed so all the switches and buttons are just dangling.

Hydraulic Hand Brake, I need to make the lever next:

Wilwood pedal assembly:

Got a bit of a start on the cage today, all 1.75" .095 wall DOM to be legal for CACC GT class. And yes that is Flux Core....I'm just tacking it with a lil welder cuz mines to big to drag into this part of the shop.

Got it to fit ultra tight.

Just about done the cage:

Got the body back together:

and started making fiberglass fenders:

First Drive!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-_60LvrIzk]First Drive! - YouTube[/ame]

:O

Comment

Woah.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

speechless

Comment

Damn. So rad.
          IG: ossiep

Comment

bravo good sir, truly top notch work.

Build Thread

Comment

So much win!
              Originally posted by JC.
              'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I'm at a lost for words. Can't wait to see the final outcome.

Comment

I have been fallowing your build on Tbricks for awhile and its safe to say its one of my favorites.
                  Volvo Build Thread
                  Bmw Build Thread
                  Toyota Build Thread
                  zanebonk instagram
                  Tumblrrrr

Comment

My jaw just dropped harder than a dubstep song.... Bravo!
                    Instagram: "Cole_Lenhart" Out of Thread Builds Shoots and Progress
                    Just a Truck Build: "Here"

Comment

I love these cars, glad to see someone breathing some life into one. Sounds awesome, kinda like a morgan.
                      justindanger.com
                      justindanger.tumblr.com
                      190rev.net

Comment

Wow!!!

91' TT - Mines ECU, Blitz SBC@1bar, ARC WMIC, 2.5" decat, 2.5" ProFlow Exhaust, HSD's, ls400's, JapanRacing JR12's. SoarerUnion.com

Comment

this is some amazing stuff.

Comment

oh my god.

Comment

I've found my new love.

Give us more of your artwork please

Comment

Working...
                              X