Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my mk2b "Snowman"

after selling my old Punto

it was time for the new one.. this is 2005 punto mk2b with redesigned front end and almighty 60HP engine it came stock, in very good condition, except there are reflectors and FIAT badge missing on the trunk, so that means trunk door are from mk2a model.. I suspect it was rear ended, but the rear axle is original so I suppose it wasn't too bad..

this is how it looked when it came

and this is to spot the difference between mine and original (mine looks better this way IMO)

in this three weeks I am the owner the following has been done :

- pioneer DEH3300UB radio, Hertz DSK 165 and DCX 690 speakers (as it came with no radio this was just to have some music playing, no big sound quality..

-short radio antenna (cost few bucks,yay me..)

- Renault Laguna front lip

- stickerbombed rearview mirrors and Toora mudflaps (bad quality images)

and now, the most important modification yet -> coilovers a.k.a. lowering

- first, spot the smallness of the engine and my dearest assistant (not the one on the left, the one hanging from the hood the one on the left is a good friend that helped me a lot with assembling this)

- the coilovers (rear system has separated springs and shocks)

- one more shot of my stickerbombed rearwiew mirror

- and another one of my mudflaps, that had to be temporarily removed and are to be modified

- this was the first try of the front end, we had to raise it from this level, this would scrape front to back if this level (my front lip still scrapes on regular basis, thank god it's rubber more than plastic)

- after that there was no time for pics anymore, it was "back to work" until the job was done.. and this is how it looks now.. I'll have to take some more pics, these don't show how low it is properly, and also are crappy quality..

- and also one more little detail :

to do list (hopefully till the end of the year)
    - since the wheel caps are removed, painting the steelies
    - debadged front grill
    - black headlight housing
    - redo the stickerbombing on the rearviews

as for the further plans they are now summarized in two words : saving money most importantly for new wheels and tires, they are #1 thing on my wishlist..

I'll keep the thread updated as changes will be made, and also if i take some nice pic
    My mk2b build thread

Please don't sticker bomb it again, good start though.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi_Bear View Post
      Please don't sticker bomb it again, good start though.
      that!

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

not much has been done.. just one thing to be exact, the one that pokes you in the eye

this stays on for this winter, hopefully the steelies will then get widened, and I'll get some alloys for the summer (currently looking at Keskin KT1s , BBS RMs and Fagix 557s, honestly can't decide, and actually won't decide until i get me some money for those )

few more pics :

My mk2b build thread

Comment

not really feeling the pink

Comment

wow, some time passed since i was last on here.. get ready for some bad quality pics, and just a few good ones

not much has changed.. removed the side mirrors stickerbomb, removed the fuel cap stickerbomb, stickerbombed the boot, removed it (right here you can tell I'm somewhat stickerbomb obsessed), and left only those under the hood..

then, i got rid of the Laguna lip, was messing with the lines of the car too much.. looks a bit better this way.. also dropped the front a bit more, so it's still low enough.. also removed the side strip, the front and back ones will be going down soon, clean bumpers <3

also, got myself an Momo Drifting steering wheel, almost new, used two weeks.. and almost instantly got it re-done, couldn't stand double yellow lines on top and bottom.. as you can see, the rest of the interior is still dead stock..

then the spring came and i got bored of the pink on wheels, so re-done them in green

and as i show you that, i get to the most important thing, wheels.. the green ones are about to go to the garage, to get some sleep until it's winter again..

for this summer (possibly also the next one) i got myself a set of Zender Sports, 7x15 ET25.. they still need some work, repolishing and stuff, but they should be on the car in about a month, on 165/50 rubber.. since they're ET25 and they would be too deep in the arches, and they are wrong PCD (4x100 instead of 4x98, which can be managed with wobbly bolts,but won't be), i got myself 24mm adaptors and tried to test-fit them.. the result is this

the front could maybe survive few more mms out, but it will be ok for now..

the back will be.. just right i think

(i really need to take off those Hertz stickers)

as the car will drop almost 2cm (radius difference from current wheels is 18.5mm) the front should be ok, as the current height is sometimes too low for our roads.. the back though, will need to get lower (as is visible on the pics)..
            My mk2b build thread

Comment

i think you should remove all stickers from the outside of the car. and add some spacers in the rear and front. but the wheels are gravy

Comment

The new wheels are nice. The stickers are not. Cut it out. You don't shocker girls.

Comment

yeah the sticker thing gets old... nice wheels though

http://www.mvip.com.au
                  clicky^

Comment

tnx for the comments, the stickers are still on, but I have some news..

headlights are now tinted light black (foil) and b column is in matte black (also foil)..

but the most important thing - the Zenders are now on

I know, it needs more low.. I need to get rear shocks stiffened and rear springs cut a little bit, to get the better rear end.. the front can go a bit lower, but it's a risk, since this is a daily, and I almost yanked my oil pan, exhaust manifold, and a few more things today, trying to pass the little bit of asphalt that you couldn't even call a bump..
                    My mk2b build thread

Comment

no big changes have been made recently, except for the black foiled roof, that gave it a bit different look, and some fake UK plates, for shows only.. it now has a quite nice euro look

and here's a recent video of few of us friends, bear in mind, all our cars are pretty much WIP, except for Snake's mkIV..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m0IXhLtNhI"]Kostrena mini meet - YouTube[/ame]
                      My mk2b build thread

Comment

is it safe to drive with no wheel bolts ? Are zender's a one piece wheels this picture scared me lol ? Clean start so far
                        C280 Build Thread
                        C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                        E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

^^ lol @ the wizard wheel.

someone let me know when the sticker fever is over

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

@SD202

I do as much as my paycheck allows me, even if it means fake splits I'm glad I can do anything to my car in this expensive almost-third-world country of mine (do you think I ride my mighty 60hp engine because i'm in "no rush" or "no petrol" situation? ).. anyway tnx, gonna keep up working on this as much as I can..

@DannyE32

The sticker fever continues atleast till the next spring here check in in 5-6 months time, maybe something changes about that, maybe not

I think this is where I'm going next, cleaning the bumpers and colour coding the door handles (ignore the wheels, that was just some brainstorming )

My mk2b build thread

Comment

my dear gangnam style friend

i'm sad that this build thread is not very full with responses...my opinion is that the pictures for this car just doesn't do justice...

anyway...i don't like the stickers/sticker bombing too, but hey, it's better than before

i like where this is going with cleaned bumpers (not a fan, but it looks good in the picture), but i hope that you will stay with the polished wheels and not paint it

Comment

Working...
                              X