besthaticouldo's 2011 wrx sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• besthaticouldo's 2011 wrx sedan

yes so at the immediate moment the car is not stanced. however, that is quickly about to change.

back in april i decided it was time for my 1st new car. after about 3 weeks of researching i had it narrowed down. it definitely didn't include a subaru at all. but there was a lowly 2009 wrx sedan sitting on a lot. i decided i might as well drive it. loved the way it drove, but it looked like something my grandma would drive, so i walked away. i did some more research, found out the 2011 was an entirely different looking vehicle, and it was semi within my budget...but this was at the time of the tsunamis. so i went in search of a white sedan, no where to be found in all of california or for the price i wanted. so i wandered to my local dealer on the day they delivered the cars. i saw this beautiful black wrx sitting there, i told the salesman i want the car. and so here i am. with a obsidian black pearl wrx...base model. no frills....so awesome.

1st pictures of the car

quickly jumped all over the internet...car sounded good, but i wanted more...decided on the Invidia Q300 exhaust.

then it hit...the mod bug.
    started with cobb shift knob, kartboy short shifter and shifter bushings

then JPM coachworks stitched up a padded center console lid (cherry blossom red stitching, black leather, and extra padding)

at this point...i wanted more tone, and more power
    AEM intake inbound

Helix Catless Downpipe

Tomei SS Uppipe

Grimmspeed Thermal Wrinkle Red Coated Heatshield

what isn't shown is the Cobb Accessport, with the OTS StageII+ map and the Whiteline 22mm RSB with bracing.

most recent pics (including red rear turn signals and smoked reverse lights)

also low is coming shortly courtesy of these (ISC N1 Coilovers with Thrust Bearings)

also i am going to be making a trip to Cobb out here in SoCal to get the car professionally dyno tuned...shooting for 300/300...

still deciding on wheels...thinking 18x9.5 et35 with a 265/35/18
    My Build

looking SiCK. any thoughts on wheels yet? keeping the stockers for a little longer?

Comment

i'll probably keep the stockers for a few months....

thinking something 2piece at least. i have color ideas in my head...putting them in motion is hard if i don't know what the right wheel is...
      My Build

Comment

I am so close to pulling the trigger on one of these. This thread is bringing me even closer; painting the turn signals and reverse lights makes a massive aesthetic difference.
        You've done a proper job so far. If you have a video camera, post some pull videos after the tune is dialed in.

Comment

Originally posted by brownishwater View Post
          I am so close to pulling the trigger on one of these. This thread is bringing me even closer; painting the turn signals and reverse lights makes a massive aesthetic difference.
          You've done a proper job so far. If you have a video camera, post some pull videos after the tune is dialed in.
          thanks, i certainly will actually.

the car is fantastic dude, its so much fun to daily drive. its a blast.
          My Build

Comment

This is how the WRX should have looked like when it first came out, not that ugly Justy STi.

OT: Very nice work already, got a soundclip, curious of how it sounds now...

Comment

Congrats from a fellow Subi owner. So clean with no wing oh man.
              http://www.facebook.com/mephotog
              http://www.facebook.com/rulingsociety

Comment

Originally posted by DutchStance View Post
                This is how the WRX should have looked like when it first came out, not that ugly Justy STi.

OT: Very nice work already, got a soundclip, curious of how it sounds now...
                Originally posted by Mikeymikes View Post
                Congrats from a fellow Subi owner. So clean with no wing oh man.

thanks a bunch. i will get a sound clip this weekend after i get my uppipe installed and the coilovers installed.
                My Build

Comment

Jealous. I love STIs, great platform I expect good things to come from this!

Comment

Nice.

Comment

god i love the new wrx's

Comment

thanks guys

oh yes...coils.

ISC N1 coilovers. w00t!
                        My Build

Comment

Hey man, before those coilovers go on, do you want to do me a quick favor and take some measurements of the front lower bracket, specifically width and spacing between bolt holes... kinda curious about those since they have a similar setup to the x70 platform. This is all out of curiosity since I have the D2's though.

Looks great, I love the new WRX's, I cant wait to see this one all done up!

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

just a teaser right now...

My Build

Comment

looks to be a hair lower
                              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                              X