Bagged Mercedes W115...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bagged Mercedes W115...

First off, hello Stanceworks! I was referred here by someone on Vortex, so I thought I'd drop by and check it out.

So, some of you may recognize this car, some of you may not, but I am the new owner of "The colour of Money", a bagged Mercedes W115 300D. I had been looking for a clean 115 chassis to play around with for a while, and it had to be a diesel. I saw this car and immediatly fell in love, not only was it clean and diesel, it was also on air. Its not as clean as I had hoped, but its in much better shape than most of the W115's up here, and definatly worth working on.

My plans for the car? Well, I'm more of a "fly by the seat of my pants" kinda person, I dont really plan anything in advance, just do things when the mood strikes and I have the time. I've mostly been working on sourcing parts for this winter, and searching the local classifieds for a decent interior. The car will be getting restored over the next few winters, keeping it driveable in the warm season. I do plan on keeping this car the rest of my life, and I plan and travelling across Canada and the U.S with it.

Anyways, enough blabbering, onto the pictures. Just a few introductory shots for now, I have to head out to go look at a W123 that I want the seats out of, then head to work. Mind my terrible camera skills, or complete lack of...

that is the business. big fan

Comment

Love it

Comment

nice one. what other parts do you need to replace? i've always like this car. did you buy it sight unseen or did you inspect it prior?

ive swapped out a few interior bits on my w108 - dome light, mirror stem, horn ring etc. replaced some chrome outer trim that was banged up.

check out my build here.. i have an e-level set-up waiting to go on it in the coming weeks also

Post your build threads here! Keep us updated on what you're doing in your garage.

Comment

big fan of the car and glad to see it's still going strong! welcome.
          025garage

Comment

I love everything about this

Comment

One of my dreams:
              Stanced W115 in Black.

My dad used to have one 240D, but it a wheel jumped of the car when rolling and then a tube problem that my grandfather couldn't find and it went to the junkyard because it had a lot of rust.

Now, the problem is to find a W115 that has NO Rust... wich is almost impossible. So i stick to my other dream... Stanced Rocco...

I Love your car... Keep it clean

Comment

Originally posted by A2J7C View Post
                One of my dreams:
                Stanced W115 in Black.

My dad used to have one 240D, but it a wheel jumped of the car when rolling and then a tube problem that my grandfather couldn't find and it went to the junkyard because it had a lot of rust.

Now, the problem is to find a W115 that has NO Rust... wich is almost impossible. So i stick to my other dream... Stanced Rocco...

I Love your car... Keep it clean
                Look in cali!

Comment

Originally posted by D&W View Post
                  Look in cali!
                  It will be a little bit hard...
                  I'm in France since September...

I like the Euro bumpers that this car have... much better than the US ones, these are really BIG xD

Comment

wow, love the color combo. euro mb bumpers are awesome on all.
                    sigpic
                    instagram: chompsticks

Comment

A hint of whats to come. I told myself I wasnt going to put RS's on this car, but after looking at numerous sets of 3pc wheels, I decided these were the only things that really suited it. I currently have a set of steels out getting powdercoated, then these will be going out to get done. Dont know whether to stick to the gold or go with something else. Mind the monster truck tires and the rake they cause, still have to figure out what size tire to run....

Didnt see this when I bought them...

And the previous owners RS knock-offs, mine are the same width/nearly the same offsets....

Last edited by Zman86; 07-29-2011, 01:51 AM.

Comment

ouch cracked barrel

but gold and green is rather clean
                        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Everything about this car is total win ...
                          Watched the thread on the Poortex, glad to see its living on.

Comment

This is amaznig Love it

Comment

love it how it is!

I also think that some gold BBS center caps would look fine on your car

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=16940&page=7

Comment

Working...
                              X